Codman Square Health Center Employee Reviews

Customer Service Role
CALL CENTER OPERATOR / SECRETARY (Current Employee) –  Dorchester, MANovember 14, 2017
Typical Day at work is I love working in a Customer Service Dept dealing with our patients over the phone or in person helping them with there health needs.
Codman Square
Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, MAOctober 26, 2017
Working at Codman Square was rewarding as the manager was very helpful in getting me started in the position. She was supportive, available, and took time to make sure I knew exactly what she required and how best we can work together to achieve these goals.
Good experience
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 22, 2017
Great experience in terms of patients. Ages varied greatly, as well as race and religion. Overall department is fairly unorganized which leads to aggravated patients.
Looking for different area to work in the medical/health field.
Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 15, 2017
A great place for the medical folks to get experience & training. Also good for the social workers looking for internship within a community health center.
Unfortunately, not much growth for case managers across the board here.
Pros
difficult for growth
Cons
does not include staff with major changes
Patient Access Representative II (Current Employee) –  637 washington streetAugust 15, 2017
My Typical day at work is very busy. my manager a awesome person every one is a team player.
the company is a very friendly place its a small community which is growing. People all over comes. The
enjoyable part of the job is that I work very well with people.
its was close to home
HIV Social Services Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, MAAugust 14, 2017
This health center needs a lot of work, the customer service is bad, and some of the people who work there are rude. They also have limited parking in a busy area.
Pros
Cons
No support for staff.
Medical Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 9, 2017
not so good.. No respect from the management. ............ They treat employees like a number. ... The hardest part of the job was working under so much stress.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 20, 2017
The management at Codman Square is horrible. They do not care if people have kids and need to take time off or anything. The company did not work well with their employees. Human Resources never came to help or anything.
Great work environment
Call Center Representative II (Current Employee) –  Dorchester, MAApril 17, 2017
A fast-paced and friendly working environment that allows you to interact with many people on a daily basis. The cross-training allowed me to experience many different aspects of patient care.
Great place to work and support
HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA 02124March 8, 2017
Codman was where I received most of my Human Resources experience. The Management team I worked for gave me the opportunity to grow and learn so much about Payroll and Human Resource. I will be forever grateful for this agency and the professional growth I was given, especially when it was hard being a single mother.
Pros
Everything especially the benefits and growth opportunity
Cons
Salary
Fun
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, MAFebruary 2, 2017
Exciting and fast paced environment. Great hands on experience. terrific benefit packages and flexible hours. Great opportunity to advance in clinical and administrative skills.
Great learning experience
Lead Nurse For Urgent Care Team (Current Employee) –  Dorchester, MADecember 11, 2016
Great learning experience. Staff and management is committed to improving patient care. Sometimes there are conflicting opinions as how to improve the quality of patient care which can make work stressful. Overall most the staff and management work for the good of the patients.
work enviroment
Medical Assistant/Urgent Care (Former Employee) –  DORCHESTER, MADecember 2, 2016
Codman Square Health Center was a very good place to work.
The physicians , coworkers, and patients were awesome. Team work was very important . Everyone treated each other like family.
Work Experience
operating cash register
Diverse.
very productive
Patient Access Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  DorchesterOctober 18, 2015
I like the initiative of serving the clients/patients. During my undergrad years, the experience was super. As the Patient Access Mgr. I've gained the experienced.
Mission driven and community focused
HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 28, 2015
This was a great place to work especially because of the dedication from the staff and also to learn about the health needs of the community. I was forturnate to work in different positions at the organization, working in Human Resources was the most rewarding. I enjoyed conducting NEO and I enjoyed talking with staff about company benefits. My co-workers/staff were great to work with most of the time, the challenge came in when I was in my Employee Relations role.
Pros
Staff Dedicaton
Cons
Salary
Productive learning experience
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 23, 2015
The staff is warm and very caring. Working with the staff made me a better person, a more efficient Customer Service Rep.
Pros
The staff, patients
Cons
short breaks
Productive and fun work place
Behavioral Health Corrdinator (Former Employee) –  Dorcherster, MASeptember 11, 2014
Codman Square Health Center is a close knitted family of employees, who does fun events for their employees. On a typical day our main goal and focus is customer service, going above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction. During my employment I leaned patients, companion to others and empathy.
Pros
Men of Boston funtions, Company group Christmas post cards
Cons
No hours flexibility
very busy
Receptionist/Operator (Former Employee) –  boston maAugust 14, 2014
the office was short staff a lot so it was very busy an the patients are very friendly an the MD are very hands-on
Pros
job duties
Cons
the breaks
Fast pace and Great teaching enronment
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  637 Washington street Dorchester MaJune 1, 2014
Urgent care gets very busy, when we go to work we have to be ready to get moving. It is very fast pace, we see a lot of patients each day. It is important to be fast but also accurate. My coworkers and I work as a team we try our best to keep the flow of the clinic as smooth as we possibly can. the hardest part of our job is when the summer comes because of our patients that have allergies and really bad asthma the waiting area tends to get very jammed packed and we try to make sure we fill all the rooms as much as possible. Its a very great experience for me to learn how to work in a very fast pace environment.
Pros
Familiy orriented community
Cons
More examinations rooms, we only have 10