Cody Staffing Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Cody staffing
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 30, 2017
A staffing company that connects you with different type of jobs . For example like landscaping, warehouse, painting, and office jobs all with good pay.
Great atmosphere. Good respect.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 24, 2017
It's a good place to work if you need a job. For someone who just really needs a paycheck it is a great place to find work. No matter what day or when you go there, they will put you to work. And you get paid every week.
Pros
Always a paycheck.
Cons
No benefits, and no advancement. Not permanent.
All I wanted was a job...
Shipping and Receiving Clerk/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 23, 2017
I went to Cody Staffing because it is local and I needed employment. I am not a picky person. I was hired as a shipping and receiving worker and the pay rate was 13.50 an hour. When I arrived at the job I was asked to perform other duties instead by a manager who never intended to hire me as a shipping receiving clerk but needed another body on the floor to operate machinery that kept breaking down.. A week later when the boss came back, and refused to acknowledge me as a human being, I found out in a meeting that I was not even being considered for the shipping and receiving position that I had been hired for. The worker at Cody Staffing that helped me get the job told me that my pay would be lowered to $12 an hour saying to me "that's okay right"? To which i felt i was to answer in the affirmative- so I did. Apparently, this made me look like a pushover because that is how i was treated from that point forward. The job site was unprofessional, the workers were rude and yet out of need to make money for my family I continued to work there for 3 weeks. I was told that people don't usually last two days at this job because of how poorly the company is run. When I conveyed my unhappiness with this situation I was told by the owner of Cody Staffing that I could easily get another job and he showed me a long list of warehouse jobs that seemed perfect for me. The next day the worker who helped me told me I needed a college degree for those jobs and offered me a job at Joe's Crab Shack as a dishwasher. I hate Cody Staffing and do not recommend this place to anyone. I feel  more... like they never even gave me a chance, and that they thought i was a joke. All i wanted was a job.  less
Pros
Cons
Dishonest about what jobs they actually have, unhelpful in a quandry, dishonest about pay rate, rude, condescending
Productive and Fun work environment
Driver/Processor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 20, 2016
"I can't believe they pay me to do this..." I enjoy going to work everyday and miss it when I'm not there. The staff are easy to work with, they train and manage efficiently. At the end of each day the "Chief" stops and takes the time out of his day to greet each of us as we exit to tell us what a great job we've done and how much we are appreciated!
Pros
Excellent working hours
Cons
Not enough public transit in and out
Great work environment with "killer" lunchroom and nice cars to drive
Automobile processor (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 19, 2016
Cody Staffing interviewed me on a Friday and the following Monday I was working processing new automobiles (driving Hondas and Lincolns from point A to point B getting them ready for dealerships). I LOVE MY JOB! The staff at Cody is always friendly and professional. As long as you show up for work Cody Staffing will bend over backwards for you. I highly recommend them!!
Excellent
AP Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 19, 2016
Cody Staffing was an exceptional company to work with. The job I was able to secure with Cody was not a standard job that Cody usually works with. The representative I worked with stayed on top of working with the new client, was polite and fun to work with. Final result was securing a job in a very short time and ended up being a direct hire.

Cody Staffing pulled my resume from Work Source (Unemployment Office) so it was nice to know that the system actually worked.

I would highly recommend working with Cody Staffing!
awesome supporter and a 2nd chance provider
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Portland Heights, ORJune 25, 2016
I was a stupid kid that got in a lot of trouble.. nevertheless I have a rap sheet. They still found me a reasonable job within a couple days. Couldn't be more thankful.
Typical day at work
WA. and OR. Part time (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WA 98660May 22, 2016
It was great place to work however the scheduling wasn't consistent and was hard to plan your day when you find out at the end of the day if your working or right at the last minute.
Pros
Driving new cars
Cons
Not good scheduling
Productive, but short hours. Also fun and fast
Pallet Sorter. Picker (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 4, 2016
A place where speed was key, and had good production of sorting, washing, and loading pallets. Hours were not enough to live on.
Being a picker was a fun experience. Got to learn how to operate a riding pallet jack, and felt challenged to make myself faster and more accurate during my time there.
Pros
Fun jobs
Cons
Hours weren't enough to compensate the cost of living
boo
laborer (Current Employee) –  vancouver waJuly 22, 2015
I wish they could do more for me to find a placement, I need to be working and this is now the second time they have let me go two weeks or more without working and I cant financially or mentally take not working for this long
Pros
good for short term working
Cons
poor healthcare, not stable
Productive and fun work environment
Forming Press Operator (Apprentice) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 13, 2015
Fun workplace with supportive management.
Hardworking staffing team eager to help you acquire a job.
Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop.
Not a stable place.
Wear house associate (Former Employee) –  Portland OregonApril 1, 2015
Hard labor, not steady work.
Learned a lot about shipping and receiving paper work.
Management was easy going.
All my co-workers were awesome.
Very intense hard labor.
Going to work with very awesome people
Pros
Easy to get hired.
Cons
Only temporary work.
Good place to work.
Temporary Employee (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMarch 24, 2015
You will have work within the week if you show up here. If you are willing to show up on time and can keep up a decent pace with manual labor you can get a job here.
Pros
Good short term money solution
Cons
Temporary
Call Center
Sales/Customer service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 10, 2014
Took incoming calls from customers wanting to purchase online orders from Gift Tree. Helped customers track their packages, making sure their packages made it on time, to the correct place. Helped with any concerns they had. Always made sure they were satisfied at the end of the call. Call local florist and placed orders with for delivery in their area.
Pros
Great hours/ Co workers
my opinion
Customer service (Former Employee) –  vancouver waDecember 9, 2013
It was a fun work place very challenging and out going but I would have liked that they could give me a chance to show that im good at what I don
Sanitation
Del Monte Fresh - Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 24, 2013
Job entails the cleaning, soaping and sanitizing of floors, walls, equipment, and machines used to processed fresh fruits and vegetables.
Pros
Easy work.
Cons
Low pay, temp, work weekend