COEN OIL Employee Reviews

Fun
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Washington, PANovember 10, 2017
Fun working environment. Close team with a good manager. Lots of time off after just working here for a few years. Benefits are also a plus. Discounts on Tires are nice too!
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Stores needs new pumps
Hours
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  WashingtonOctober 30, 2017
The hours are what’s horrible I was working 100 hours or more a week. On my oneor two days off they would call me into work because someone called off. The company bought out and it threw the whole place off track. I’ll never go back.
Pros
Money
Cons
Hours
Stressful environment
ruff creek market (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAOctober 24, 2017
Other Co workers make you feel like you don't belong, minimal help with problems, not very friendly, liked one manager she was very cool helped when needed but no one else is truly good to other employees
Pros
Cons
No breaks, hour shortage
productive
Cashier/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAAugust 1, 2017
very fast paced place to work at. however the management is lacking and the employees are very rude. the store is cluttered an unorganized. very small
Pros
free drinks
Cons
no breaks
great bosses
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHFebruary 19, 2017
Its a good company to work for. Great customers. Friendly environment. Very patient with new comers. Will promote from with in the store or company. Promote within the business
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
barely any breaks
cut throat with no explanation
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAFebruary 8, 2017
My typical work day involved 10 hr days with no breaks . Fast paced but love that part of a job .Mornings including emptying out safe and lottery for cash deposits , downloading close dailies for the registers to balance , balancing cash drawers for the day , PDI , Handheld scanner downloads , going over all paperwork for previous day , receiving from reps , making orders for store supplies including cigarettes .Etc... Loved it at first but quickly learned it wasn't the company for me . The corporate world did not like managers asking questions or wanting them to make better stores , Very disappointing . Hardest part of the job was keeping the employees on their tasks and not so nice customers . Most enjoyable part of the job for me was all my customers and reps , they were always putting a smile on my face .
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Not given the bonuses that you know you deserved, No discounts given to employees, No breaks whatsoever
great place to work
assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, PAJanuary 18, 2017
Love the job. Especially the customers. Feel I was wrongly let go. They promoted me on a drivers permit. Was doing my assistant manager duties with no problem. A few weeks ago I didn't pass my drivers test so they let me go. MY co workers were awesome and the job.
Great Benefits
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Canonsburg, PANovember 18, 2016
Coen has a great affordable benefit package. I think they have a great paid time off and holiday program. There have been a lot of positive changes in the past 2 years.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Commute
Nice workplace, very friendly co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brilliant, OhioJune 13, 2016
I learned how to work the lottery machine, waited on customers, restocked shelves, ran register, co-workers was awesome, overall loved the job. The downside was when the manager threatened my job the day I came back from vacation.
Good entry level management job.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Herminie, PAJune 14, 2015
The store I worked at was small, only seven employees. It was close to home and provided me with a good work/life balance. I opened and closed the store, counted inventory, and handled orders for the store. I was also in charge of running the registers and counting the stores deposits.

The reason I am no longer there is they sold the store I worked at and didn't offer us a job at any other store. We were only given seven days notice.
great co-workers
Frac Fueler Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Washington, PAMay 23, 2014
awesome place to work for people are great management will help or work with you threw any situation just a epic company to make a career or a great steeping stone
Pros
Drive time
Excellent Staffing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Martinsville, WVSeptember 8, 2012
Management does awesome! Works with you to ensure you're working the shifts that best suits you!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at COEN OIL. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8