Coeur Mining, one of the world’s leading silver companies and a significant gold producer, is seeking a Manager, Geology to work in our Chicago, IL headquarters.
The Manager, Geology will be responsible for providing high-level geological management, leadership, and guidance across the organization. This position will be accountable for the process of resource estimation, and ensuring Coeur exploration field programs follow company and regulatory standards and policies. They will oversee the process of producing, validating, and reviewing estimates of the Company’s Mineral Resource and Mineral Reserve assets and/or due diligence properties. This position will have oversight on the geologic data management policies and procedures, and secure proper support for the company’s geologic and production reporting data systems and infrastructure. Other responsibilities and/or authorities may include:
- Providing technical support and training to operating mines and additional exploration projects, business development, and other departments,
- Conducting geologic and resource modeling along with auditing of data utilized in all resource models,
- Developing a long term technical strategic plan for operational and geologic systems,
- Managing geologic data management policy and procedures and development,
- Provision of geologic modeling and resource estimation for various projects,
- Participating with other departments by reviewing data and modeling information of potential acquisition targets,
- Preparing GIS maps and organize related data,
- Oversight of Coeur's resource and reserve estimation/reporting procedures and ensure compliance with SEC, TSX, and ASX regulations,
- Certification of corporate resource and reserve figures, and
- Conducting technical analyses and feasibility assistance of potential acquisition properties/companies.
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in Geology or equivalent related field. A Master’s degree, NI-43101 Qualified Person’s status, and/or GIS certification are strongly desired qualities. Candidates should have seven to ten years progressively responsible experience in Mining, specifically in the area of Geology.
Position may require ability to communicate in Spanish and engage in travel.
Coeur offers a competitive compensation and complete benefits package. For immediate consideration; forward your resume.
For more information about Coeur Mining visit our website at www.coeur.com