Coffee Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

While challenging it was a fair work environment
Director Perioperative Services (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GAJanuary 3, 2017
I was at my last place of employment for 15+ years. There were many changes during this period of time as can be said for the medical field in general. As Director of Perioperative Services I was given opportunity to grow with those changes. The most challenging aspect of my role centered around the financial responsibilities such as budget, supply/equipment inventory, and charges.
I have always found managing people to be the most rewarding part of my day. While there are many differences in personalities, skills, and other people traits, I have found that if I approach any situation with honesty and concern there usually can be resolution.
I have made nursing my career and never regretted it.
Working for ECM and Shoals changed my life in so many ways
Psych Tech, Insurance/Billing/Admitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALAugust 26, 2016
I was hired at Ecm only a few months after my last treatment of a 2 year long battle with cancer which included chemo. I had no hair and wore a wig. The staff was very good to me understand the reason why I had to come to work and so when I had to take off it was not frowned on. After a few months I started wrong on the e Behavioral Center as a Unit Secretary and Psych tech my experience there encouraged me to go to school and pursue a psychology degree. After some et backs and lay offs I was offered a job at Shoals in admitting so that I would not be laid off. My supervisor was Amazing but after several months she was let go and a young guy was hired who came in and really just wanted to start new and hire all new people. Letting people go that had been there for 20 years and more. and he did not like that everyone was so understanding with my sickness and done everything he could to fire me but not a single hospital admin was going to let that happen. I ended up having to leave and quite bc I became sick with cancer for the second time but I keep in touch with a lot of nurses and staff and both hospitals bc those woman and men were my mentors.
Pros
Great learning experience and wonderful co workers
Cons
unable to work and good workers loosing their jobs to younger liscends college grads
Co-workers treat you like family as long as it benefits them
Medical Transcriptionist Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GAJanuary 2, 2015
I worked at this facility for 13 years. I can say that for the most part, my department was like family to me during that time. However, when it came time to get rid of our jobs (approximately 6-8 employees, some having been there for 30 years), no one warned us and no one cared. Apparently, our jobs were given to a contract company to keep the facility from having to pay our benefits. I hope that's working out well for them. I personally have heard nothing but complaints since this change took place.
Pros
Cafeteria discount & Christmas bonus
Cons
work family turned into backstabbers
Director of Case Management (Current Employee) –  Douglas, GAJuly 18, 2015
Manage day to day operations case management dept, excellent work environment with co workers, community is very good
Pros
flexibility
Cons
salary not competitive
Great Company
Registrar-Translator (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GAMay 16, 2012
Keyed in all chief medical complaints from all patients registering into the hospital. Provided information for billing methods, which involved collection of money, handled billing inquiries. Acquired information on insurance benefits in order to gather all pre-qualifications. Translated verbally for patients and all hospital personnel when needed.
Good work environment
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Douglas, GAMarch 13, 2013
very minimal compensation when obtaining a certificate or degree.
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
lack of management, lack of compensation for multiple degrees
Great co-workers!!!
Ultrasound/CT technologist (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GANovember 23, 2015
During my time here, I learned how to perform ultrasounds for the night shift position. I also became registered in CT. I loved my co-workers because everyone helped each other in order to maintain a constant and timely patient flow. During slow periods, I would go to the ER and assist them in any way possible (i.e. clean rooms, take vitals, etc)
Pros
Hours, co-workers
Cons
Healthcare, no set breaks for night shift.
Exciting place to work
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Douglas, GeorgiaAugust 1, 2014
My day starts by getting with the security officer that is on shift to see how smoothly the hospital is running if any problems I need to be aware of. Then I would proceed to the Emergency Room making sure everyone is ok and then I will proceed to all the nurses station greeting everyone that is working including other hospital employees. I am a people person, so to just walk around the hospital with a smile greeting patients as well as visitors and/or assisting them if need be gives me great joy.
Good place to work but limited advancement and low pay.
Financial Counseling Assistant (Current Employee) –  Douglas, GAMay 21, 2015
Enjoy working but not much room for advancement and salaries are low for office personnel.
Work hours are good.
True atmosphere to help patients in physical and financial areas.
Great Pediatric Care in Small town environment
Pediatric Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GAJanuary 26, 2014
Awesome Staff and Management. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with children.
Great plave to work
Dietary Clerk (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GAMay 23, 2013
I worked at CRMC for almost 2 years. In that two years I met and became more than employee, I became part of a outstanding work family. Everyone there always had a smile on their face and went out of their way to help one another. CRMC is a awesome place to work for and the people there are amazing to..
Pros
Great work fmaily
Cons
The hours worked well with my school schedule.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GAJanuary 22, 2014
Really enjoyed the lab staff that I worked with on my shift. We all worked together well as a team. See resume for additional details of job responsiblities.
Pros
Close to home, worked well with school schedule.
Cons
Payrate too low and job turnover very high. Constantly working extra shifts and training new techs.
Great Job.
Central Sterile Technician (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GAJune 11, 2015
Great Job. Very interesting duties took place. It was definately interesting to watch someone have surgery and learning the different procedures. I learned a lot of utensils and instruments they use for surgery.
My supervisor has always accommodated me.
patient registrar (Current Employee) –  Douglas, Ga,January 4, 2013
This is a fast paced job. There is always something to do. I have always been treated fairly. The best part of the job is the patient's needs are being treated. The worst part of the job is the stress.
Pros
plenty of experience.
Cons
stressful situations are handled differently by everyone.
I worked on the Out Patient Obs. floor, it was fast pace and a great place to learn.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GAMay 13, 2014
I had an excellent charge nurse who was interested in teaching me. I worked nights and enjoyed the people I worked with. It was a great team.
Pros
On payday our charge nurse always bought our dinner
Cons
It was too far from home
Would consider future employment
RN NURSING INFORMATICS (Former Employee) –  DouglasJanuary 14, 2015
Provided total care to assigned patients, learned how to manage time in order to give the necessary care to each patient. Short breaks. Coworkers are team players. We helped on another on a daily basis.
Pros
team work
Cons
heavy patient loads
Working at the hospital
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GANovember 12, 2014
i love the people that i worked with and the doctors were very nice my co workers was very good people to work with.Everyday was something new like learning how to do a new procedure.
caring and fun place to work
Dietary Clerk (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GASeptember 11, 2012
This hospital has to be one of themost dedicated to there patients and to there employees. They are always there to help in any way possible and even remember you when you are out in public.
Pros
healthcare
The head of the department was very difficult to work for.
Staff CRNA (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GAJuly 4, 2013
In one year they lost 4 Anesthetists and 3 Anesthesiologists. This was many years ago so hopefully things are better now.
CST life
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GAAugust 19, 2014
I loved working in the OR helping patients feel better. Most of the patients here come in hurting and in pain and I loved being able to help relieve them of this pain.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coffee Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Coffee Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location