Coffee Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Not The Best By Far
Registered Nusrse (Current Employee) –  Douglas, GAOctober 21, 2017
The only redeeming thing about this place was the other nurses I worked with. Few good things could be said about much else. Between the fact that management here could care less about their employess and the low pay grade, I wouldn't suggest it.
Great Hospital!
STUDENT TECHNOLOGIST ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Douglas, GASeptember 27, 2017
Fast pace environment. You work with all kinds!! If you can't get along with everyone this is not the right place to work. You have your "go get ers", "lazy ones", "judgemental ones",
Pros
fast pace
Cons
colleagues
Intersting working environment
Registrar/Switchboard (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GAAugust 11, 2017
Working in the ER department of Coffee Regional Medical Center was very exciting. You experience so many things in that department. Just seeing everyday life coming through the doors was very interesting.
Great facility to work in, family and community oriented
Nursing Residency (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GAJuly 5, 2017
Would definitely work at this facilty again if move required. Not many choice of hospitals to work in , in this area but recommend this facilty for quick quality care
Professional but stressful
PCT/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GAMay 12, 2017
A good stable place to work. Pay is not competitive and they expect you to work 24-48 hrs without sleep or a break. I enjoyed my time here though it was very stressful working long hours for minimum pay. I rarely got a break in my 12hr shifts but also understood that was part of working at a hospital. Management was looked down upon because people felt like they were untrustworthy and there was good reason for that sentiment. Patient care is their number one priority and they strive to give the best to the patient. consideration for employees is lacking though.
Pros
Discount Meals, Professional, Great Patient Care
Cons
Unreasonable hours, low pay, no employee appreciation
Dedicated to patient care
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Douglas, GAMay 8, 2017
Good place to work just not enough hours. Great management team patient focus. Moving out of the area otherwise I would retire from this company. Family oriented
Pros
Half day on friday
Cons
No breaks
Nice and friendly place to work. Made a lot of good friends there.
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GAMay 1, 2017
A typical days work would include getting an assignment, going to location(hallway,patient room ect..) and then judging what needed to be done. I would then remove everything that could be removed from the area and then get my equipment ready to do the assignment. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep people off of my wax. The best part was having a great looking floor when I was finished.
friendly
Barista and Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAFebruary 3, 2017
skilled trained specialties for clients who are taught basic of grinding coffee, replenishing sales floor, updating notes on clients work
While challenging it was a fair work environment
Director Perioperative Services (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GAJanuary 3, 2017
I was at my last place of employment for 15+ years. There were many changes during this period of time as can be said for the medical field in general. As Director of Perioperative Services I was given opportunity to grow with those changes. The most challenging aspect of my role centered around the financial responsibilities such as budget, supply/equipment inventory, and charges.
I have always found managing people to be the most rewarding part of my day. While there are many differences in personalities, skills, and other people traits, I have found that if I approach any situation with honesty and concern there usually can be resolution.
I have made nursing my career and never regretted it.
Working for ECM and Shoals changed my life in so many ways
Psych Tech, Insurance/Billing/Admitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALAugust 26, 2016
I was hired at Ecm only a few months after my last treatment of a 2 year long battle with cancer which included chemo. I had no hair and wore a wig. The staff was very good to me understand the reason why I had to come to work and so when I had to take off it was not frowned on. After a few months I started wrong on the e Behavioral Center as a Unit Secretary and Psych tech my experience there encouraged me to go to school and pursue a psychology degree. After some et backs and lay offs I was offered a job at Shoals in admitting so that I would not be laid off. My supervisor was Amazing but after several months she was let go and a young guy was hired who came in and really just wanted to start new and hire all new people. Letting people go that had been there for 20 years and more. and he did not like that everyone was so understanding with my sickness and done everything he could to fire me but not a single hospital admin was going to let that happen. I ended up having to leave and quite bc I became sick with cancer for the second time but I keep in touch with a lot of nurses and staff and both hospitals bc those woman and men were my mentors.
Pros
Great learning experience and wonderful co workers
Cons
unable to work and good workers loosing their jobs to younger liscends college grads
Great co-workers!!!
Ultrasound/CT technologist (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GANovember 23, 2015
During my time here, I learned how to perform ultrasounds for the night shift position. I also became registered in CT. I loved my co-workers because everyone helped each other in order to maintain a constant and timely patient flow. During slow periods, I would go to the ER and assist them in any way possible (i.e. clean rooms, take vitals, etc)
Pros
Hours, co-workers
Cons
Healthcare, no set breaks for night shift.
Director of Case Management (Current Employee) –  Douglas, GAJuly 18, 2015
Manage day to day operations case management dept, excellent work environment with co workers, community is very good
Pros
flexibility
Cons
salary not competitive
Great Job.
Central Sterile Technician (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GAJune 11, 2015
Great Job. Very interesting duties took place. It was definately interesting to watch someone have surgery and learning the different procedures. I learned a lot of utensils and instruments they use for surgery.
Good place to work but limited advancement and low pay.
Financial Counseling Assistant (Current Employee) –  Douglas, GAMay 21, 2015
Enjoy working but not much room for advancement and salaries are low for office personnel.
Work hours are good.
True atmosphere to help patients in physical and financial areas.
Would consider future employment
RN NURSING INFORMATICS (Former Employee) –  DouglasJanuary 14, 2015
Provided total care to assigned patients, learned how to manage time in order to give the necessary care to each patient. Short breaks. Coworkers are team players. We helped on another on a daily basis.
Pros
team work
Cons
heavy patient loads
Co-workers treat you like family as long as it benefits them
Medical Transcriptionist Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GAJanuary 2, 2015
I worked at this facility for 13 years. I can say that for the most part, my department was like family to me during that time. However, when it came time to get rid of our jobs (approximately 6-8 employees, some having been there for 30 years), no one warned us and no one cared. Apparently, our jobs were given to a contract company to keep the facility from having to pay our benefits. I hope that's working out well for them. I personally have heard nothing but complaints since this change took place.
Pros
Cafeteria discount & Christmas bonus
Cons
work family turned into backstabbers
Rated #1 Small hospital in Georgia
General Surgeon (Current Employee) –  Douglas, GADecember 12, 2014
Bread and Bread general surgery / Level III trauma. 88 licensed beds.
Working at the hospital
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GANovember 12, 2014
i love the people that i worked with and the doctors were very nice my co workers was very good people to work with.Everyday was something new like learning how to do a new procedure.
CST life
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GAAugust 19, 2014
I loved working in the OR helping patients feel better. Most of the patients here come in hurting and in pain and I loved being able to help relieve them of this pain.
Exciting place to work
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Douglas, GeorgiaAugust 1, 2014
My day starts by getting with the security officer that is on shift to see how smoothly the hospital is running if any problems I need to be aware of. Then I would proceed to the Emergency Room making sure everyone is ok and then I will proceed to all the nurses station greeting everyone that is working including other hospital employees. I am a people person, so to just walk around the hospital with a smile greeting patients as well as visitors and/or assisting them if need be gives me great joy.