Cogent HMG

Cogent HMG Employer Reviews

Bad would not recommend it
hospitalist (Current Employee), oxnard,caJanuary 23, 2013
Cons: no work life balance, hospitalists are burned out...
his is the worst program I have ever worked with. I would not recommend it at all.The PM has no clue how to manage this program and there is just so much negative energy there. Many hospitalists already left. I am currently working there but will hopefully leave soon. Think twice before you apply there

Currenthospitalist – March 15, 2013

Current hospitalist, Oxnard, CA This company is so greedy and administrators do not care about their doctors. I used to work for many hospitalist groups and can state that this company is the worse. The medical director in my program told administrating guys hundred times about compensation and how to make hospitalists happy so they can stay and work hard to make more money for the company but nobody listened to him. He left the group and then 7 more hospitalists left later. The current hospitalists have to take extra patients and extra shifts and nobody happy. There is no extra pay for extra shifts or extra patients People here are working like interns. They hired lots of locums hospitalists but they worked only some shifts and said goodbye. If I found another job I will say goodbye to this place also. I met a hospitalist who just quit Cogent in Florida and he said the same. 8 hospitalist left his program at the same time and they could not fill the coverage so the hospital is going to find another hospitalist group. He stated that if Cogent keep treating doctors badly they will lose hospital contracts and their business will be affected negatively. Cogent now has the strategy to hire a new grads to pay less salary and malpractice insurance. If you are new grad, don't be fooled.

Great Place to work
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Brentwood, TNJanuary 7, 2013
Everyone at the company is extremely helpful and they have really built a "team" atmosphere.
A wonderful career
Regional Program Manager (Current Employee), Canton, OHNovember 26, 2012
A typical day at work is managing the daily operations of numerous practices, problem solving, scheduling
Only worked a Temp position
Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee), Brentwood, TNMarch 30, 2012
I worked 6 weeks for CogentHMG. The management team were all very helpful and easy to work with. I enjoyed my position and the other employees were very helpful with questions.

Nonna – June 11, 2013

I have been offered a temp position there. I have been told by someone that used to work there that the other credentialers were all rude and wouldn't give the new people a chance. From what I se in your comments you didn't seem to experience that.