Cogent HMG Employee Reviews

No loyalty to employees it's all about money
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 2, 2013
After a year and putting in more than 12 hrs a day and working every weekend the company decided to eliminate my position. They then turned around and made someone else an associate pm. They ate not honest and they say their core value is loyalty but they show no loyality to there employees.
Pros
the group of wonderful mds and pas that i worked with
Cons
the leadership lack of honesty, company only cares about money, not loyality to there employees
Bad would not recommend it
hospitalist (Current Employee) –  oxnard,caJanuary 23, 2013
his is the worst program I have ever worked with. I would not recommend it at all.The PM has no clue how to manage this program and there is just so much negative energy there. Many hospitalists already left. I am currently working there but will hopefully leave soon. Think twice before you apply there
Cons
no work life balance, hospitalists are burned out...
Great Place to work
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJanuary 7, 2013
Everyone at the company is extremely helpful and they have really built a "team" atmosphere.
A wonderful career
Regional Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHNovember 26, 2012
A typical day at work is managing the daily operations of numerous practices, problem solving, scheduling
A unique opportunity to explore a realm of nursing that I had not before.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNSeptember 3, 2012
Each day at work I work very closely with our physicians, and patients. My area of expertise lies in the cardiac realm. I am in charge of the patients on our CCU, Step Down unit, CUB unit, and 6SE which is our Oncology/Nephrology unit. It is up to me to see that the patients and their families are happy with their hospital stay. I also facilitate discharge of the patients by working closely with case management as well as the physicians. I forward patients records from their hospital stay to their primary care physician. If a patient does not have a primary care physician I find them one. I facilitate a patient transfer to a higher care hospital when the need arises. I also help facilitate patients converting from inpatient to Hospice status.
Pros
i get to help patients make the most of their hospital stay.
Cons
dealing with patients that are fighting addictions and are readmitted on a regular basis.
Only worked a Temp position
Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNMarch 30, 2012
I worked 6 weeks for CogentHMG. The management team were all very helpful and easy to work with. I enjoyed my position and the other employees were very helpful with questions.