Please review application requirements carefully - incomplete applications will not be considered.
We are immediately seeking an exceptional individual to fill a critical Custom Project Editor/Account Manager role on our team. The (officially titled) Custom Project Editor is responsible for the overall production of flawless custom published materials. This position manages the planning and execution of client needs, with strict timelines, price point negotiation, distribution, and quality assurance of almost 1,000 projects per year. In addition to the project management and project production responsibilities within the role, there is also a crucial account management aspect responsible for building and maintaining great relationships with clients, happily retaining our existing client base, while driving business development through repeat and referral business. This positions works hand in hand with both the inside sales team as well as the production team, and is instrumental in ensuring our finished products completely represent our clients' visions and meets their specific needs, while exceeding our customers' expectations.
What we're looking for in the ideal candidate:
A smart, motivated and ambitious individual with a true and proven passion for providing outstanding service to their clients. Someone who is a natural leader and relationship builder with a commitment and drive to create, grow and maintain hundreds of client relationships by phone and e-mail within an assigned multi-state territory. A truly outgoing individual with a contagiously positive attitude who always strives for excellence and isn't afraid to be innovative. Someone business-minded who thrives in an extremely fast-paced, creative environment, with multiple and changing priorities.
The success of this position lies in the ability to work harmoniously and productively with the many people involved in the various aspects of each custom reader we publish. This job is all about teamwork and consistent interactions with clients and colleagues.
- Required: Proven experience in account & territory management, with a demonstrated ability to create, expand and maintain thriving client relationships.
- Required: Strong track record demonstrating successful project management from concept to completion.
- Professional demeanor along with superior verbal and written communication skills; you must be a great conversationalist with an ability to support and advise college professors in choosing content for their teaching materials.
- Proficient computer skills with solid familiarity using Adobe Acrobat or other (similar) digital content software.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience.
- Must be a fast learner with outstanding problem solving skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills along with a passion for delivering excellence.
- Must be a true team player willing to help others and enjoy fostering cohesive relationships with a variety of people.
- Must possess exceptional attention to detail along with impeccable organizational skills.
- Proven ability to prioritize daily operations and longer-term projects in order to meet deadlines, ensure efficient workflow, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be willing to work long hours including evenings and weekends as needed to meet deadlines during our busy periods lasting between 2 to 6 weeks approximately 3 times per year.
If you are seeking the opportunity to drive revenue, be creative and innovative, love working with a wide variety of people, are passionate about delivering exceptional results, enjoy having flexibility with your schedule, and succeed in a fast-paced environment, this just might be the job for you!
On the other hand, if you are looking for a 9 to 5, precisely tasked, routine, cubicle job in which you work on individual tasks daily, this position will not be a good fit for you.
This is a full-time, exempt position.
If you’d like to be considered for this role, please submit:
- Cover Letter - let us know why this position sounds like the perfect fit for you!
- Recent compensation history and salary expectations.
All submissions will be held in confidence.
Cognella's corporate office is located in the Sorrento Valley area of San Diego, California. Cognella offers a competitive salary along with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including: health, vision, dental, generous vacation, holiday, and sick time, as well as a 401(k) matching plan.
Cognella offers all of our team members a stimulating and entrepreneurial work environment in Sorrento Valley, great colleagues, and the opportunity to shape their positions. So, if you have a “fire-in-your-belly” to succeed, have a great attitude, and have always wanted to be part of a tight entrepreneurial team, this is your chance to join our company and help make a difference.
Cognella® is redefining academic publishing by providing teacher-driven, student-centric higher education course materials in print and digital formats under two imprints: Cognella® Academic Publishing (www.cognella.com) and University Readers® (www.universityreaders.com). Cognella enables professors to design and tailor educational materials to specific courses and learning objectives, while controlling their own choice of content. This unique approach has made Cognella a trusted source for more than 4,000 instructors and 125,000 students annually at over 650 colleges and universities across the US and Canada. Cognella has approximately 70 employees and is headquartered in San Diego.
Cognella, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer
Recruiters, please do not contact this job post