We are immediately seeking exceptional individuals to join our team as Customer Service Associate on temporary basis through approximately mid-February. The Customer Service Associate is responsible for providing exceptional service and technical support to customers, plays a critical role in educating customers about purchasing educational materials via our eCommerce store, and assists with installation and use of eBooks reader software.
What we’re looking for in the ideal candidate:
A smart, motivated and ambitious individual with a true and proven passion for providing outstanding service, instituting best practices, delivering outstanding results, and exceptional customer service skills. An individual who is comfortable with using PC and Mobile devices/software, curious about new technologies, and thrives in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Absolutely required: Minimum of 2 years professional experience working in a customer service role, providing high volume phone/email support.
- Absolutely required: PC knowledge and basic help desk support skills for Mac or Windows operating systems (e.g. ability to quickly troubleshoot over the phone application installation errors, internet connection, and similar issues on a variety of hardware for non-technical users).
- Experience using and navigating options of all major web browsers.
- Outstanding customer service skills along with a passion for delivering excellence.
- Ability to thrive under pressure in a fast pace environment.
- Must possess exceptional attention to detail along with impeccable organizational skills.
- Proven ability to prioritize daily operations and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be flexible with work schedule and available to work evenings and weekends occasionally, as needed.
- At least 18 years of age.
- This is a seasonal position, with approximately 20-40 hours per week (Additional hours may be available depending on business needs and employee performance).
- This seasonal assignment is expected to last from mid-December through approximately mid-February.*
- Position requires sitting for extended periods of time.
- Position requires computer use for extended periods of time.
- Pay: $11.00 - $12.00 DOE
How To Apply:
If you'd like to be considered for this role, please submit the following items:
- A quick, genuine message about why this position sounds like the perfect fit for you.
- You availability between December 23rd – February 28th.
All submissions will be held in confidence.
Cognella offers all of our team members a stimulating and entrepreneurial work environment in Sorrento Valley, great colleagues, and the opportunity to shape their positions. So, if you have a “fire-in-your-belly” to succeed, have a great attitude, and have always wanted to be part of a tight entrepreneurial team, this is your chance to join our company and help make a difference.
Cognella, Inc. is a leading provider of personalized higher-education publishing solutions, operating web properties and services under two brands: Cognella Academic Publishing (www.cognella.com) and University Readers (www.universityreaders.com). We enable professors to control their choice of content, allowing them to design and tailor course materials to specific courses and learning objectives. Our unique approach has enabled us to become a trusted source for more than 4,000 instructors and 125,000 students annually at over 600 colleges and universities nationwide. Cognella has approximately 70 employees and is headquartered in San Diego.
Cognella, Inc - An Equal Opportunity Employer
Recruiters, please do not contact this job post.