We are immediately seeking an exceptional individual to fill a critical (full-time) Customer Service & Operations Associate role on our team. This is a dynamic position working from our corporate office reporting to the Director of Operations. The Customer Service & Operations Associate is responsible for providing exceptional service and technical support to customers, vendor setup and relationship management, order fulfillment, supply chain and inventory management, product data management, and general operations support. This position plays a critical role in educating customers about purchasing educational materials, along with installing and using various eReader software.
What We're looking for in the ideal candidate:
A smart, motivated and ambitious individual with a true and proven passion for providing outstanding service, instituting best practices, and delivering outstanding results. Someone with exceptional customer service skills, a deep appreciation for doing things better, and the ability to initiate and/or implement performance and process improvements. An individual who is business-minded, comfortable with using PC and Mobile devices/software, curious about new technologies, and thrives in an extremely fast-paced environment, with multiple and changing priorities.
- Minimum of Associates degree in Business or related field and 3 years professional experience working in a customer service role providing high volume phone/email support.
- Proficient working with various computer operating systems and software applications on Windows and Mac, and strong experience using all major web browsers.
- Experience with order management software, CRM, ERP preferred.
- Must be a fast learner with outstanding problem solving skills.
- Professional demeanor along with superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills along with a passion for delivering excellence.
- Ability to always maintain a positive outlook and attitude.
- Ability to thrive under pressure in a fast pace environment.
- Must be a true team player willing to help others and enjoy fostering cohesive relationships with a variety of people.
- Must possess exceptional attention to detail along with impeccable organizational skills.
- Proven ability to prioritize daily operations and longer-term projects in order to meet deadlines, ensure efficient workflow, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be flexible with scheduling and available to work evenings and weekends occasionally, as needed.
- Must have access to reliable transportation and report to work as scheduled, on time.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 40 lbs.
- Full-time, non-exempt (hourly), 40 hours [er week minimum.
- Junior Professional Level (2-4 years of closely related experience)
- Benefits - medical, dental, vision, paid vacation, paid sick time, paid holidays, and matching 401(k).
If you'd like to be considered for this role, please submit the following items:
- A quick, genuine message about why this position sounds like the perfect fit for you.
- Your salary/pay history AND current expectations.
All submissions will be held in confidence.
Cognella's corporate office is located in the Sorrento Valley area of San Diego, California. Cognella offers competitive compensation along with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including: health, vision, dental, generous vacation, holiday, and sick time, as well as a 401(k) matching plan.
Cognella offers all of our team members a stimulating and entrepreneurial work environment in Sorrento Valley, great colleagues, and the opportunity to shape their positions. So, if you have a “fire-in-your-belly” to succeed, have a great attitude, and have always wanted to be part of a tight entrepreneurial team, this is your chance to join our company and help make a difference.
Cognella, Inc. is a leading provider of personalized higher-education publishing solutions, operating web properties and services under two brands: Cognella Academic Publishing (www.cognella.com) and University Readers (www.universityreaders.com). We enable professors to control their choice of content, allowing them to design and tailor course materials to specific courses and learning objectives. Our unique approach has enabled us to become a trusted source for more than 4,000 instructors and 125,000 students annually at over 600 colleges and universities nationwide. Cognella has approximately 70 employees and is headquartered in San Diego.
Cognella, Inc - An Equal Opportunity Employer
Recruiters, please do not contact this job post.