Cognella® is redefining academic publishing by providing teacher-driven, student-centric higher education course materials in print and digital formats under two imprints: Cognella® Academic Publishing (www.cognella.com) and University Readers® (www.universityreaders.com). Cognella enables professors to design and tailor educational materials to specific courses and learning objectives, while controlling their own choice of content. This unique approach has made Cognella a trusted source for more than 4,000 instructors and 125,000 students annually at over 650 colleges and universities across the US and Canada. Cognella has approximately 70 employees and is headquartered in San Diego.
We are immediately seeking an exceptional individual to fill a critical Database Coordinator role on our Marketing team. The ideal candidate gets a deep sense of satisfaction collecting and cleansing data for import for our demand generation campaigns. You want to effectively mine and segment data within our customer relationship management database. You strive to achieve high conversion/participation rates and build accurate drip profiles for the prospective leads in your databases. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to grow in their experience and work with a fantastic team. In this position, you will help plan and execute national marketing campaigns including product promotions, prospecting campaigns, and demand generation primarily using email and digital marketing.
We’re working on some exciting, transformative projects this year that will both revolutionize the academic publishing space and save students money. So, if you have enjoy working in a fast paced environment and have always wanted to be part of a tight entrepreneurial team, this might be your chance. There’s room to expand your expertise within marketing and data processing within this position.
* Data: Collecting and cleansing data for import into CRM tool. Improving data structure and taxonomy (from a marketing perspective) for better list segmentation leading to new opportunities for cross-brand marketing programs. Resolving issues regarding collected data. Influencing new sources of data acquisition
* Metrics: analyzing response rates; using data to recommend course-corrections; providing conversion rate data, conducting A/B testing of campaigns. Evaluating and reporting on effectiveness of campaigns. Monitoring campaign performance to continually improve outcomes with the ultimate goal of driving revenue.
* Email Marketing: targeting marketing campaigns to prospects, existing leads and customers primarily through email campaigns, driving new leads into the acquisitions (sales) team and building customer loyalty. In this role, you will influence the development and testing of personalized database marketing campaigns.
* Collaboration: Working with cross-functional teams and interfacing on a daily basis with marketing managers, sales, creative teams, IT, and 3rd party vendors.
- Strong Excel skills for data manipulation and analysis. MS Access or SQL experience preferred. HTML knowledge needed for refining email campaigns.
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s degree in business, technology, marketing or other related field.
- Experience in campaign creation and email marketing, preferably gained at an academic or publishing organization.
- Incredible organizational habits; ability to prioritize tasks and provide marketing savvy.
- Ability to use and manipulate data from a database. Requires a high degree of technical aptitude.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, launch, and measure marketing campaigns.
- Experience with 3rd party CRM, email marketing, or sales software a plus (Exact Target, ActOn!, Salesforce, Sugar CRM, MS Dynamics, etc.). Faculty with 3rd party software a must – you’ll need to be comfortable using systems
Cognella offers all of our team members a stimulating and entrepreneurial work environment in Sorrento Valley, great colleagues, and the opportunity to shape their position.
Start Date: Immediate
Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Reports To: Senior Marketing Manager
Location: This position is based out of our corporate office located in the Sorrento Valley area of San Diego, California. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Compensation: Competitive salary, with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package (health, vision, dental, generous vacation, holiday, and sick time, and 401K matching plan).
For consideration, please email:
recent compensation history
All submissions will be held in confidence. Cognella, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Cognella, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer
Recruiters, please do not contact this job post.