We are immediately seeking a hands-on, results-driven individual to join our team as a Digital Project Coordinator. In this role, the Digital Project Coordinator coordinates the document publishing processes for our University Readers custom imprint, making sure that thousands of custom projects (course packs) annually are properly assembled, enhanced, and ready for print: enters jobs/orders in database, creates template covers, assembles table of contents, scans readings, enhances images and text files, and conducts final quality control.
During our non-peak periods, the Digital Project Coordinator serves in a specialist capacity, personally managing the workload on his/her own. During our peak periods, the Digital Project Coordinator trains a small seasonal team to assist in production (3-5 assistants).
The ideal candidate will also assist with production workflow, ensuring that the process is clean, easy to follow, and properly optimized. This position is an integral part of the company having a high impact on client satisfaction and on-time, final production of thousands of custom published projects annually, which directly impact the overall success of the company.
- Production Process Management
a) Manage process from the receipt of materials to finalization.
b) Maintain regular and clear communication with teammates and management team.
c) Directly build and manage a variety of publishing projects from beginning to end.
d) Assist in the organization of production workflow.
e) Complete quality assurance checks and manage deadlines for a variety of projects.
f) Ensure accuracy of project information in all databases.
- Drafting effective training materials to ensure strong seasonal staff development and performance.
- Coaching and correction, both as a group and individually, to improve the team’s skills and abilities.
- Process improvement, including working directly with IT to provide technology support for team and researching new technology and tools to increase effectiveness, productivity, and production quality.
- Liaison with technology department to manage CRM infrastructure and workflow improvements, digital enhancements, and other related improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- 1-2 years experience with design software (Adobe Creative Suite), data entry, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in digital or print publication industry preferred.
- Highly skilled in planning, training, and implementation of administrative procedures.
- Exceptional organizational skills with proven ability to prioritize daily operations and longer-term projects in order to meet deadlines, ensure efficient workflow, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to work effectively and productively both independently and with a wide variety of people in an environment of rapidly changing deadlines and priorities.
- Must be a self-starter with initiative to work independently and possess strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure with superb attention to detail.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends as needed to meet deadlines during rush periods.
- Dedicated to developing positive relationships with team members and carrying out Cognella's Mission and Values.
- Exceptional people skills and a passion for excellence.
- Professional demeanor along with strong verbal and written communication skills.
Cognella offers all of our team members a stimulating and entrepreneurial work environment in Sorrento Valley, great colleagues, and the opportunity to shape their position. If you’ve ever wanted to be part of a growing entrepreneurial business, this is your chance to really make a difference.
For consideration, please submit cover letter, resume, and recent compensation history. All submissions will be held in confidence.
Company: Cognella, Inc. (Cognella Academic Publishing & University Readers)
Position: Digital Project Coordinator
Status: Full-Time. Minimum of 40 hours per week.
Location: This position is based out of our corporate office located in the Sorrento Valley area of San Diego, California. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Compensation: Competitive salary and a comprehensive and competitive benefits package (health, vision, dental, generous vacation, holiday, and sick time, and 401K matching plan).
Start Date: Immediate
Cognella, Inc. is a leading provider of personalized higher-education publishing solutions, operating Web properties and services under two brands: Cognella Academic Publishing (www.cognella.com) and University Readers (www.universityreaders.com). We enable professors to control their choice of content, allowing them to design and tailor course materials to specific courses and learning objectives. Our unique approach has enabled us to become a trusted source for more than 4,000 instructors and 125,000 students annually at over 600 colleges and universities nationwide. Cognella has approximately 70 employees and is headquartered in San Diego.
Cognella, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.