We are immediately seeking exceptional individuals to join our team as (part-time) Licensing Assistants. The Licensing Assistant directly reports to the Licensing Manager, and is responsible for negotiating permission fees directly with other publishers and ensuring final pricing meets budgeted expectations. The Licensing Assistant regularly communicates by phone and email with authors, publishers, sales teams, and other team members to ensure attention to detail, accuracy, and clarity of instructions or content. This position requires tremendous attention to detail, exceptional negotiation skills, and outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
What we’re looking for:
Smart, motivated, well-spoken and ambitious individuals, with an exceptional eye for detail, and a love for negotiation; folks with a true and proven passion for delivering outstanding results and a deep appreciation for doing things better. We’re looking for outgoing, self-directed people with a contagiously positive attitude who always strive for excellence. We need individuals with exceptional people skills who thrive in an extremely fast-paced and creative environment.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Some college education is required and students are welcome to apply!
- Proven and successful negotiation skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Must be a fast learner with outstanding problem solving skills and ability to learn new software quickly.
- Must possess exceptional attention to detail along with impeccable organizational skills.
- Professional demeanor along with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to thrive under pressure and multi-task effectively.
- Must be flexible with job duties and work schedule – late evening and weekend shifts may occasionally be required.
- Position requires sitting for extended periods of time.
- Position required computer use for extended periods of time.
- This is a part-time position with hours ranging from approximately 20 to 40 per week depending on the volume of work (Additional hours may be available depending on business needs and employee performance).
- This is currently a seasonal position to support our production rush in preparation for fall semesters/terms beginning. However, there may be a possibility to pick-up part-time hours post-rush or return for future seasonal periods depending on business needs and employee performance.
- This seasonal assignment is expected to begin mid-July and last through approximately mid-September.
- Pay: $10.00 - $12.00/hr DOE
If you'd like to be considered for this role, please submit the following items:
- A quick, genuine message about why this position sounds like the perfect fit for you.
- You availability between July 1st – September 30th.
All submissions will be held in confidence.
Cognella offers all of our team members a stimulating and entrepreneurial work environment in Sorrento Valley, great colleagues, and the opportunity to shape their positions. So, if you have a “fire-in-your-belly” to succeed, have a great attitude, and have always wanted to be part of a tight entrepreneurial team, this is your chance to join our company and help make a difference.
Cognella, Inc. is a leading provider of personalized higher-education publishing solutions, operating web properties and services under two brands: Cognella Academic Publishing (www.cognella.com) and University Readers (www.universityreaders.com). We enable professors to control their choice of content, allowing them to design and tailor course materials to specific courses and learning objectives. Our unique approach has enabled us to become a trusted source for more than 4,000 instructors and 125,000 students annually at over 600 colleges and universities nationwide. Cognella has approximately 70 employees and is headquartered in San Diego.
Cognella, Inc - An Equal Opportunity Employer
Recruiters, please do not contact this job post.