Cognella, Inc. is a leading provider of personalized higher-education publishing solutions, operating Web properties and services under two brands: Cognella Academic Publishing (www.cognella.com) and University Readers (www.universityreaders.com). We enable professors to control their choice of content, allowing them to design and tailor course materials to specific courses and learning objectives. Our unique approach has enabled us to become a trusted source for more than 4,000 instructors and 125,000 students annually at over 600 colleges and universities nationwide. Cognella has approximately 70 employees and is headquartered in San Diego.
We are immediately seeking an exceptional individual to fill a critical Marketing Manager role on our team, especially looking for someone heavily into digital marketing. While the role is responsible for ALL marketing initiatives, most of these are in the digital space (e-mail, web, social, etc.).
In this position, you will plan and manage the demand generation, communication, analytics, and research around driving opportunities for the Acquisitions (sales) groups as well as managing the communications around the customer experience. With one or more direct reports, this position is responsible for supporting both of our imprints and 12+ sales reps with marketing activity.
The ideal candidate thrives in a multi-dimensional marketing role, and is able to switch gears to perform a variety of work. This is an amazing opportunity for someone who is looking to grow in their career and make a role their own.
We’re working on some exciting, transformative projects this year that will both revolutionize the academic publishing space and save students money. So, if you have a “fire-in-your-belly” to innovate and have always wanted to be part of a tight entrepreneurial team, this might be your chance.
Company: Cognella, Inc. (Cognella Academic Publishing & University Readers)
Position: Marketing Manager
Reports to: General Vice President
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Location: This position is based out of our corporate office located in the Sorrento Valley area of San Diego, California. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Compensation: Competitive salary and stock options. Cognella also provides a comprehensive and competitive benefits package (health, vision, dental, generous vacation, holiday, and sick time, and 401K matching plan).
- E-mail marketing in all its components – list segmentation, messaging, launching campaigns, analytics .
- Creating reports to analyze submission trends, response rates, and lead performance to learn and adjust.
- Collateral messaging and review, including brochures, flyers, promotional items.
- Specific Title marketing support, which includes occasional conversations with professors.
- Engagement with acquisitions team, management, development teams to create, drive, and fulfill on initiatives.
- 3-5+ years in career, with strong online marketing experience. We use a variety of digital marketing tactics as our primary approach to generating demand.
- Experience with both online and offline demand generation, communications, sales programs.
- Incredible organizational habits; highly-polished writing and speaking skills; marketing savvy; ability to use and manipulate data to glean insights.
- Experience with website marketing, including working with development/website technology teams for layout and functionality projects.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, launch, and measure marketing campaigns.
- Strong Excel skills for data manipulation, Word, PPT, etc. HTML knowledge is a plus.
- Experience with 3rd party CRM, e-mail marketing, or sales software a plus (Exact Target, ActOn!, Salesforce, Sugar CRM, MS Dynamics, etc.). Faculty with 3rd party software a must – you’ll need to be comfortable using systems.
Cognella offers all of our team members a stimulating and entrepreneurial work environment in Sorrento Valley, great colleagues, and the opportunity to shape their position. If you've ever wanted to be part of a growing entrepreneurial business, this is your chance to really make a difference.
Start Date: Immediate
If you’d like to be considered for this role, please submit a cover letter, resume, and recent compensation history. All submissions will be held in confidence.
Cognella, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer
Recruiters, please do not contact this job post.