We are immediately seeking an exceptional individual to fill a critical Marketing Program Manager role on our team. The ideal candidate thrives in a multi-dimensional marketing role, and is able to switch gears to perform a variety of work. This is an amazing opportunity for someone who is looking to grow in their career and work with a fantastic team. In this position, you will plan, manage, and implement integrated national marketing campaigns: including product promotions, prospecting campaigns, demand generation, event strategies, and public relations; as well as managing communications around the customer experience.
We’re working on some exciting, transformative projects this year that will both revolutionize the academic publishing space and save students money. Cognella offers all of our team members a stimulating and entrepreneurial work environment, great colleagues, and the opportunity to shape their positions. So, if you have a “fire-in-your-belly” to succeed, have a great attitude, and have always wanted to be part of a tight entrepreneurial team, this is your chance to join our company and help make a difference.
- Demand Generation: driving new leads into the acquisitions (sales) team; managing funnel process of prospects into leads; segmentation and targeting; heavy emphasis on e-mail and other digital marketing initiatives across multiple channels (web, social, etc.).
- Marketing Communications: writing promotional copy; drafting demand generation emails; reviewing and editing customer experience communications, developing white papers, creating press materials and developing online content.
- Asset Management: developing collateral materials for print and online use. Collaborate with design team to create sales tools, web content, customer communications and other assets.
- Planning and Strategy: executing strategic marketing plans; managing project planning calendars, developing new and creative marketing campaigns. Work with sales team to ensure successful conference and event participation.
- Analysis and metrics: analyzing response rates; using data to make informed decisions about course-corrections; conversion rate analysis/ Evaluate and report on effectiveness of campaigns. Determine ways to improve future campaigns.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or other relevant field.
- 3-5 years experience in campaign management and marketing, preferably gained at an academic publishing house.
- Strong online marketing experience, using a variety of tools. We use digital marketing as our primary approach to generating demand.
- Experience with both online and offline demand generation, communications, sales programs.
- Incredible organizational habits; highly-polished writing and speaking skills; marketing savvy; ability to use and manipulate data to glean insights.
- Experience with website marketing, including working with development/website technology teams for layout and functionality projects.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, launch, and measure marketing campaigns.
- Strong Excel skills for data manipulation, Word, PPT, HTML knowledge is a plus.
- Experience with 3rd party CRM, email marketing, or sales software a plus (Exact Target, ActOn!, Salesforce, Sugar CRM, MS Dynamics, etc.). Faculty with 3rd party software a must – you’ll need to be comfortable using systems.
Start Date: Immediate
Status: Full-Time, Exempt (40+ hours per week)
Reports To: Senior Marketing Manager
Location: This position is based out of our corporate office located in the Sorrento Valley area of San Diego, California. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Compensation: Competitive salary, with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package (health, vision, dental, generous vacation, holiday, and sick time, and 401K matching plan).
If you'd like to be considered for this role, please submit the following items:
- Cover Letter.
- Recent compensation history.
All submissions will be held in confidence.
Cognella® is redefining academic publishing by providing teacher-driven, student-centric higher education course materials in print and digital formats under two imprints: Cognella® Academic Publishing (www.cognella.com) and University Readers® (www.universityreaders.com). Cognella enables professors to design and tailor educational materials to specific courses and learning objectives, while controlling their own choice of content. This unique approach has made Cognella a trusted source for more than 4,000 instructors and 125,000 students annually at over 650 colleges and universities across the US and Canada. Cognella has approximately 70 employees and is headquartered in San Diego.
Cognella, Inc. - An Equal Opportunity Employer
Recruiters, please do not contact this job post.
Indeed - 14 months ago
Cognella offers all of our team members a stimulating and entrepreneurial work environment with great colleagues, and the opportunity to...