We are immediately seeking exceptional individuals to join our team as seasonal Order Processing Clerks for fulfillment of customer orders. Order Processing Clerks are primarily accountable for accurately retrieving books from the shelves, verifying addresses and order information, properly packing to be shipped to the customers, assisting with receiving of inventory and re-arranging products in the warehouse. Order Processing Clerks require exceptional attention to detail as they will be processing orders at a very fast pace and need to ensure 100% accuracy and quality assurance for customer satisfaction. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds required.
- Must have superb attention to detail in high-volume and fast-pace environment. All candidates will be required to pass an aptitude test for this position.
- Must be flexible with schedule, with ability to work 20-40 hours per week including evenings and Saturday as needed. Overtime may be offered, depending on workload and employee performance.
- Must display a positive attitude towards customers and team members, willing to help others, and possess good verbal communication skills.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Minimum high school diploma or G.E.D. required.
- Ability to read and interpret various documents including orders, packing slips, safety rules and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work independently and with limited supervision.
- Ability to work cohesively with a variety of people.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks, ensure accuracy and efficiency, and handle multiple duties simultaneously.
- Must have access to reliable transportation to and from work, and report to work as scheduled.
- Attendance at work is an essential function of this position.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Position is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel and crouch.
- Position requires ability to hear and speak to exchange information.
- Position is frequently required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms.
- Position is regularly required to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required for this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work is performed in a combination of busy warehouse and office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate to high.
- Reading customer orders; pulling inventory from warehouse locations; packing in appropriate shipping container.
- Sorting and placing completed orders by carrier and shipping method.
- Use order management software to view orders, verify shipping addresses, print out shipping labels and packing slips, and approve orders for completion.
- Maintain warehouse and work area clean and safe.
- Occasionally call customers to verify order address.
- Receive inventory from vendors and perform quality checks and quantities, unpack and move to warehouse locations.
- Data entry for orders that require additional paperwork using Excel or Word.
This seasonal assignment is expected to last about 8 weeks, starting mid-August.
If you'd like to be considered for this role, please submit the following items:
2. Your availability starting August 11th.
All submissions will be held in confidence.
Cognella offers all of our team members a stimulating and entrepreneurial work environment in Sorrento Valley, great colleagues, and the opportunity to shape their positions. So, if you have a “fire-in-your-belly” to succeed, have a great attitude, and have always wanted to be part of a tight entrepreneurial team, this is your chance to join our company and help make a difference.
Cognella, Inc. is a leading provider of personalized higher-education publishing solutions, operating web properties and services under two brands: Cognella Academic Publishing (www.cognella.com) and University Readers (www.universityreaders.com). We enable professors to control their choice of content, allowing them to design and tailor course materials to specific courses and learning objectives. Our unique approach has enabled us to become a trusted source for more than 4,000 instructors and 125,000 students annually at over 600 colleges and universities nationwide. Cognella has approximately 70 employees and is headquartered in San Diego.
Cognella, Inc - An Equal Opportunity Employer
Recruiters, please do not contact this job post.
Indeed - 4 months ago
copy to clipboard
Cognella offers all of our team members a stimulating and entrepreneurial work environment with great colleagues, and the opportunity to...