We are immediately seeking exceptional individuals to join our team as Production Assistants as of July 1st! The Production Assistant directly reports to the Production Supervisor, and is responsible for compiling various sources of materials (articles, readings, chapters from books, etc.) into complete course teaching materials as requested by the client. The Production Assistant builds, edits formatting, perfects visual appearance, and tests final products for quality and functionality. Ultimately, the Production Assistant ensures the assembly, quality and functionality of our print and digital course packs is flawless and completely represents our client’s vision, while exceeding our customers’ expectations. This position entails tremendous attention to detail.
This positions requires the use of Adobe Creative Suite software; particularly Adobe Acrobat Pro. Although you do not need to be an expert in using the software, some working knowledge will be extremely helpful and is preferred. Thorough training will be provided.
What we’re looking for:
Smart, motivated and ambitious individuals, with an exceptional eye for detail, and at least some basic knowledge using Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop); folks with a true and proven passion for delivering outstanding results and a deep appreciation for doing things better. We’re looking for outgoing, self-directed people with a contagiously positive attitude who always strive for excellence. We need individuals with exceptional time-management skills who thrive in an extremely fast-paced, creative environment, with multiple and changing priorities.
- At least 18 years of age
- Some college experience is required – current students are welcome to apply!
- Must possess exceptional attention to detail along with impeccable organizational skills.
- Must be a fast learner with outstanding problem solving skills and ability to learn new software quickly.
- Proficient computer skills with at least some familiarity using Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Ability to follow directions closely and meet strict deadlines..
- Professional demeanor along with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to always maintain a positive outlook and attitude.
- Ability to thrive under pressure and multi-task effectively.
- Must be a true team player willing to help others and enjoy fostering cohesive relationships with a variety of people.
- Proven ability to prioritize daily operations and longer-term projects in order to meet deadlines, ensure efficient workflow, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be flexible with job duties and work schedule – late evening and weekend shifts may occasionally be required.
- Position requires sitting for extended periods of time.
- Position required computer use for extended periods of time.
- This is a part time position with approximately 20-30 hours per week (Additional hours may be available depending on business needs and employee performance).
- This is currently a seasonal position to support our production rush in preparation for fall semesters/terms beginning. However, there may be a possibility to pick-up hours post-rush or return for future seasonal periods depending on business needs and employee performance.
- This seasonal assignment is expected to begin July 1st and last through approximately mid-September.
- Pay: $10.00 - $12.00/hr DOE
If you'd like to be considered for this role, please submit the following items:
- A quick, genuine message about why this position sounds like the perfect fit for you.
- You availability between July 1st – September 30th.
All submissions will be held in confidence.
Cognella offers all of our team members a stimulating and entrepreneurial work environment in Sorrento Valley, great colleagues, and the opportunity to shape their positions. So, if you have a “fire-in-your-belly” to succeed, have a great attitude, and have always wanted to be part of a tight entrepreneurial team, this is your chance to join our company and help make a difference.
Cognella, Inc. is a leading provider of personalized higher-education publishing solutions, operating web properties and services under two brands: Cognella Academic Publishing (www.cognella.com) and University Readers (www.universityreaders.com). We enable professors to control their choice of content, allowing them to design and tailor course materials to specific courses and learning objectives. Our unique approach has enabled us to become a trusted source for more than 4,000 instructors and 125,000 students annually at over 600 colleges and universities nationwide. Cognella has approximately 70 employees and is headquartered in San Diego.
Cognella, Inc - An Equal Opportunity Employer
Recruiters, please do not contact this job post.