We are immediately seeking a hands-on, results-driven individual to join our team as a full-time Project Coordinator. The Project Coordinator oversees the document publishing processes for our University Readers custom imprint. This role is responsible for ensuring that thousands of custom projects (course packs) annually are properly assembled, enhanced, and ready for print and digital use. The Project Coordinator enters jobs/orders in the database, creates template covers, assembles table of contents, scans readings, enhances images and text files, improves the overall quality of materials digitally, conducts final quality control, and always seeks ways to improve production efficiency and processes. During our seasonal rush periods, the Project Coordinator oversees a small team of Production Assistants; this entails hiring, training, coaching and supervising the assistant team, along with managing the workflow and communicating important information between the editorial and production teams. This position ultimately manages the quality and functionality of our custom products. In partnership with the editorial and inside sales teams, the Project Coordinator ensures our finished products completely represent our clients’ vision, while exceeding our customers’ expectations.
What we’re looking for:
A smart, motivated and ambitious individual with an exceptional eye for detail, and solid knowledge using Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop). We need someone with a true and proven passion for optimizing processes and delivering outstanding results. We’re looking for an outgoing, self-directed, natural leader with a contagiously positive attitude who always strives for excellence and isn’t afraid to be innovative. We need someone with exceptional time-management and people skills who thrives in an extremely fast-paced, creative environment, with multiple and changing priorities.
The success of this position lies in the ability to:
1. Work harmoniously and productively in a team environment with the many people involved in making each custom reader we publish. It’s all about teamwork!
2. Use creative software to improve the quality of our course packs and expedite the overall production turnaround time.
If you are seeking the opportunity to be creative and innovative, love working with a wide variety of people, are passionate about delivering exceptional results, enjoy having flexibility with your schedule, and succeed in a fast-paced environment, this just might be the job for you!
On the other hand, if you are seeking a 9 to 5, precisely tasked, routine, cubicle job in which you work on individual tasks daily, this position will probably not be a good fit.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience.
- Must be a fast learner with outstanding problem solving skills.
- Excellent computer skills with advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite – particularly Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Highly skilled in planning, training, and implementation of administrative procedures.
- Professional demeanor along with superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong track record demonstrating successful project management from concept to completion.
- Proven leadership skills with a commitment to lead by example.
- Ability to always maintain a positive outlook and attitude.
- Ability to thrive under pressure and multi-task effectively.
- Must be a true team player willing to help others and enjoy fostering cohesive relationships with a variety of people.
- Must possess exceptional attention to detail along with impeccable organizational skills.
- Proven ability to prioritize daily operations and longer-term projects in order to meet deadlines, ensure efficient workflow, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be willing to work long hours including evenings and weekends as needed to meet deadlines during our busy periods lasting between 2 to 6 weeks approximately 3 times per year.
If you'd like to be considered for this role, please submit the following items:
- A quick, genuine message about why this position sounds like the perfect fit for you.
- Your salary/pay history AND current expectations.
All submissions will be held in confidence.
Cognella's corporate office is located in the Sorrento Valley area of San Diego, California. Cognella offers competitive compensation along with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including: health, vision, dental, generous vacation, holiday, and sick time, as well as a 401(k) matching plan.
Cognella offers all of our team members a stimulating and entrepreneurial work environment in Sorrento Valley, great colleagues, and the opportunity to shape their positions. So, if you have a “fire-in-your-belly” to succeed, have a great attitude, and have always wanted to be part of a tight entrepreneurial team, this is your chance to join our company and help make a difference.
Cognella, Inc. is a leading provider of personalized higher-education publishing solutions, operating web properties and services under two brands: Cognella Academic Publishing (www.cognella.com) and University Readers (www.universityreaders.com). We enable professors to control their choice of content, allowing them to design and tailor course materials to specific courses and learning objectives. Our unique approach has enabled us to become a trusted source for more than 4,000 instructors and 125,000 students annually at over 600 colleges and universities nationwide. Cognella has approximately 70 employees and is headquartered in San Diego.
Cognella, Inc - An Equal Opportunity Employer
Recruiters, please do not contact this job post.