We are immediately seeking an exceptional individual to fill a critical Senior Software Developer role on our team. This position will play a key role in the design and implementation of our consumer-facing sites and internal applications. We need a hardcore developer who works well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment and who will dig in to do everything it takes to build a successful web application -- code, manage, and innovate.
What we're looking for:
A smart, pragmatic, full stack programmer with solid multi-language coding skills and the personality and intelligence to mesh well with a fast moving, close-knit internal team, as well as a small offshore team that supports this role. We're looking for someone whose understanding of web tools and platforms is broad enough to solve problems at any level of the web stack, and who we can provide with the opportunity to develop their skills at levels ranging from strategic and architectural right down to the nitty-gritty.
- Experience developing web applications in a professional environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical discipline.
- Comfortable on a LAMP stack.
- Passionate about helping people and exceptional attention to detail; excellent organizational, time management, and analytical skills.
- Familiar with agile methodologies and experience working with a remote development team.
- Experience customizing popular open source CMS, CRM, or e-commerce tools such as WordPress, Drupal, SugarCRM, SalesForce, Magento, Spree Commerce, or similar.
- Experience with RoR a plus.
- Experience with git, ticketing systems, and continuous integration tools.
- Build custom client-facing applications that are both beautiful and highly functional.
- Customize various open-source platforms to work with the unique model of our business- including our CRM platform, an e-commerce engine, order fulfillment software, and more.
- Work on internal projects that integrate multiple disparate databases within the company.
- Complete ALL tasks related to a project from initial concept to deployment and maintenance.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including gathering project requirements from non-technical personnel.
- Create reusable libraries for all of our system integration initiatives utilizing modular design principals.
- Make or contribute to architectural decisions that support our goals of performance/scalability, reliability, availability, and maintainability.
If you'd like to be considered for this role, please submit the following items:
- Sites you've worked on.
- A quick, genuine message about why this position sounds like a great fit for you and what qualities you are looking for in an employer.
This position is based out of our corporate office located in the Sorrento Valley area of San Diego, California. Cognella offers a competitive salary and generous stock options along with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including: health, vision, dental, generous vacation, holiday, and sick time, as well as a 401(k) matching plan.
Cognella offers all of our team members a stimulating and entrepreneurial work environment with great colleagues, and the opportunity to shape their position. If you've ever wanted to be part of a growing entrepreneurial business, this is your chance to really make a difference.
Cognella® is redefining academic publishing by providing teacher-driven, student-centric higher education course materials in print and digital formats under two imprints: Cognella® Academic Publishing (www.cognella.com) and University Readers® (www.universityreaders.com). Cognella enables professors to design and tailor educational materials to specific courses and learning objectives, while controlling their own choice of content. This unique approach has made Cognella a trusted source for more than 4,000 instructors and 125,000 students annually at over 650 colleges and universities across the US and Canada. Cognella has approximately 70 employees and is headquartered in San Diego.
Cognella, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer
Recruiters, please do not contact this job post
Cognella offers all of our team members a stimulating and entrepreneurial work environment with great colleagues, and the opportunity to...