Do you see what others do not? Do you ask all the right leading questions? Do you intuitively know what stakeholders want even when they do not ask for it? Do you see potential problems before they become reality, and rectify them? Then the Senior Business Application Analyst position might be for you.
The Senior Business Applications Analyst at Cognitive Medical Systems works with cross-functional teams, and identifies and presents business and technical specifications based on customer and business needs, industry best practices and available technology. Advocating for moderate to highly complex application solutions (7+ cross functional team members).
- Develops and/or reviews departmental business system requirements and business systems design documents, customer acceptance test plans, and post-implementation plans. May include review and audit of deliverables produced by other team members.
- Triages and troubleshoots user-reported system defects, bugs and data issue to determine if system issue or user error.
- Provides database analytical support for initiatives.
- Consults with business areas and project managers for development of implementation strategies, processes and systems in order to improve efficiency.
- Performs data analysis to support evaluation of system defects or to develop test scenarios.
- Acts as a lead over a cross functional team managing analytical resources, scheduling project work, assigning projects and tasks to team members, and reporting overall team status and accomplishments to management.
- May assist management in the quarterly and annual evaluation of team members.
- Facilitates communication with management to prioritize project work and build detailed business cases.
- Prepares and presents detailed business cases for review by management and corporate steering committees.
- Works directly with external customers in implementing new technology (e.g., web user interfaces, outsourced vendor arrangements, and EDI interchanges) and resolving customer service issues.
- Develops standards and protocols for project deliverables of all departmental team activities to ensure quality and timely delivery of documents.
- Researches new technology and evaluates potential application within the department.
- Leads efforts to evaluate the acquisition of 3rd party software. Produces RFI’s, facilitates system demonstrations, assists in development of pricing structures, and provides recommendations to management.
- Special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum five years’ analytical and data processing experience with experience on large-scale business analysis or development projects and proven leadership abilities
- Health Care or other applicable industry experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Possess an understanding of health industry data elements, and understanding of how elements are used within departmental processes
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements essential to supported functional area
- Research, analytical, organization, and time/project management skills required
- Ability to conceptualize, and design new methods for practical application; Must identify how changes will impact current processes, and must be adept at proposing options for managing change in a cost-effective manner
- Thorough knowledge of and demonstrated skills in use of data analysis software
- Thorough knowledge of presentation software such as MS PowerPoint and Visio required
- Competency in data extraction and reporting tools such as MS Access, Focus, Crystal Reports, Interactive Query and Business Objects
- Position requires understanding of relational databases
- Strong communication skills, especially the ability to explain system and technical topics
- Must be detail oriented and maintain the highest productivity and quality quotient
We offer a competitive compensation / benefits package and the opportunity to earn equity through incentive stock options.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to careers at cognitivemedicine.com with the job title in the subject line.
As an emerging concept-engineering company, Cognitive Medical Systems is making its mark in both the software and healthcare communities in...