Desired Start Date: 1/15/2014
Position: Full time employee in San Diego, CA
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop new interface designs for web-based applications.
- Comprehend and follow User Interface Design guidelines to develop and implement User Interface Design prototypes.
- Create mockup designs using wireframe diagrams.
- Create prototypes using the designs and wireframes for viewing using HTML.
- Mock-up screen concepts for different platforms (i.e. Delphi forms environment and HTML5 web environment) based on requirements, discussions and issue outcomes.
- Develop and validate the usability and accessibility of custom applications for compliance with Section 508 of the Federal Electronic and Information Technology Accessibility and Compliance Act.
- Must be able to actively collaborate with others on the team to design and deliver interface designs in an iterative development process.
- Maintain a positive attitude towards teams, and offer productive solutions to challenges.
- Manage time and expectations in the execution of tasks to ensure milestone dates are met.
- Works with online resources and Subject Matter Experts to understand business requirements.
- Collaborates with Usability Specialist to incorporate user experience information when implementing designs.
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements, and identify tools appropriate for task execution.
Required Skills and Experience:
Outstanding communications skills
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Web Design or related field
Minimum of 5 years of professional design and development experience designing and constructing web-based mockups and prototype applications
Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in web and mobile development for production use
Minimum of 3 years of professional experience working directly with customers to capture design requirements
Expert knowledge of web and mobile application development theories, methodologies, processes and practices
Expert knowledge of design tools such as diagraming (i.e. Visio), wireframing (i.e. Balsamiq), image creation (i.e. Photoshop), and web interface layout (i.e. Axure)
Basic knowledge of source code management best practices and tools
Basic familiarity with agile development processes
Must be a US Citizen
Desired Skills and Experience
Familiarity with Java highly desirable
Familiarity with Derby database application a plus
Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop or equivalent a plus
Be a quick study – pick up on new knowledge and skills rapidly
Able to demonstrate quality and customer focus
Android and iOS application deployment knowledge a plus
Salary Range: $75-90K
About this Company:
Cognitive is always on the lookout for top-tier talent to help drive our success in the Medical IT space.
We’re a casual, fun place where you can grow your career and participate in the cutting edge technologies that will drive the new paradigms of healthcare delivery. And at the end of the day, you know you’ve helped make the world a better place.
We’re a hard-working group of entrepreneurs who want to change the world, and we have the tenacity to make it happen. No other company can match our combination of expertise, influence, opportunity, and aptitude. Do you share our ambitions? Come work with thought leaders and help design the future. We offer a competitive compensation / benefits package and the opportunity to earn equity through incentive stock options.