Cognizant Technology Solutions
1,770 reviews

Cognizant Technology Solutions Employer Reviews

NA
Architect - Projects (Current Employee), PhiladelphiaDecember 18, 2014
• Excellent in Analysis, design, development, and unit testing of software application.
• Worked in various domains such as Communications, Insurance, Retail and Hospitality, Process and Quality.
• Good experience in MS technologies such as .NET Framework 1.1/2.0/3.0/4.0, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, XML Web Services, Windows Workflow Foundation, Windows Communication – more... Foundation, ASP.Net Ajax, ASP.NET MVC, Sitecore and Custom Content Management Systems, BizTalk server 2009 R2.
• Worked in custom content management tools and Sitecore.
• Good knowledge is Data Transformation Services
• Good in architecting new applications with proven design patterns.
• Ability to rapidly learn and be productive in new areas.
• Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
• Ability to meet the deadlines in smooth and consistent manner. – less
best place to work
Manager, Projects -Healthcare Vertical (Current Employee), Teaneck, NJDecember 16, 2014
• Leading the Code Stabilization team of CIS-Claims Intake System
• Technical responsibility for CIS (Claims intake System), CDS (Correspondence Delivery System), and TRR process .Review requirements and provide technical recommendations, develop comprehensive and accurate system design document and system Architecture Diagram.
• Performed proof-of-concept – more... and prototyping activities to assess whether the proposed architecture and components meet the non-functional requirements: reliability, performance and maintainability.
• Performed hands-on coding in Microsoft .Net (C#, ASP.Net, sql server, oracle, UML), and lead the code review process.
• Identified and addressed technology gaps provided technical guidance and leadership to onsite and off-shore software engineering teams to ensure that IT’s priorities and direction are aligned with the business.
• Handled team of 6 members at onsite along with onsite/offshore coordination till the end of the development activities/closure. – less
Good place to learn and focused on togetherness
QA Analyst (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 15, 2014
Pros: nothing specific
Cons: work life balance
I like Teamwork. I believe that one person alone can not be successful in any area, and I am fortunate to get very good team in my company.
This is my first company so I got familiar with IT Industry from grass level here. I have started my career as a Developer in Database, but eventually joined testing in the year 2008 and since then working in Testing – more... area. This has ben really a learning journey for me.
Hardest part I think the salary that I am getting is not satisfactory, and I deserve more based on my effort.
Overall, I enjoy the work culture and teamwork in my company. – less
I currently work at Cognizant Technology Solutions. It involves working with both payers and providers. There are many different positions.
Sr. Software Developer (Current Employee), NYDecember 9, 2014
● Used Angular JS, HTML5, CSS3 and JavaScript framework for creating Dynamic Reach Design Layout with JSP.
● Involved in multi-tiered J2EE design utilizing Spring Inversion of Control (IOC) architecture Spring MVC, Spring Annotations, Spring JEE, Spring Transactions, Hibernate and JDBC.
● System was built using Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture – more... with Spring – less
One of the best place to work
Associate Operations Manager (Current Employee), Dallas , TXDecember 8, 2014
Pros: excellent work culture... client focused organization
Cons: yearly leaves are very less.
Good work culture, Visa processing is streamline compare to other Indian based company
pretty good work-life balance, but still this depends on the project you get
A good place to work
Systems Support Specialist (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LADecember 8, 2014
The company is well run and attentive to your needs. I worked on-site at the customer's facility but I was able to be in contact with my supervisor through a well designed web portal.
A large company with many different positions.
Technical Analyst (Current Employee), Saint Louis, MissouriDecember 7, 2014
Exp of 3 yrs at cognizant
Associate-Project (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GA-30004December 7, 2014
Good work culture at cognizant.Nice project. Got opportunity to interact with client. Good experience in UAT.Knowledge of DB testing.
Cognizant
Technical Lead at Senior Associate Level (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VADecember 1, 2014
I am working on End to End Migration Benefits from Legacy System to Facets. I am leading a team of 15-20 people which involves testing as well. I have gained invaluable experience which I can utilize in other big implementations and renewals.
Excellent company to work for
Senior Associate (Current Employee), Ronkonkoma, NYNovember 26, 2014
This being my first company was an excellent place to start my career. I have been associated with cognizant for over 8 years and have learned a lot.
Great Organization to work with
Senior Associate (Current Employee), Boston, MANovember 25, 2014
Pros: great work environment. challenging and motivates you to grow
Cons: difficult to maintain work life balance
Cognizant is a great Organization to work with. With its widely expading business it gives opportunities for its employees to explore newer arenas
Great People, Excellent Business Model, Extremely casual environment
Technology Architect (Current Employee), HOUSTON, TXNovember 23, 2014
Pros: good working enviroment
Worked as technology architect on Java, J2EE, MQ Messaging, SOA, RAI UI, ESB technologies

Banking and Finance domain experience more than 6 years

Total 14 years of experience in java, j2ee, design, development, implementation, Peam leading and Project Leader, System Analysis, System Integration etc.

Initially managing teams with different skill set(Source – more... and Target Systems) and different technologies was hardest part of this job, but now it is wonderful part of my daily jobs – less
Referral Management Specialist.
Referral Management Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 14, 2014
Pros: it was only 10 minutes from my house
Cons: benefits, short lunch
I processed referrals and notifications for multiple specialties on a daily basis. I got to work at 9:00 AM and left at 5:30 PM. I learned how to manage my time, I accurately processed referrals and notifications. They constantly changed the processing steps on a daily basis, so I learned how to roll with the punches quickly and accurately. We worked – more... with at least 6 systems simultaneously every day. The hardest part of the job was adjusting to the lack of organization with management. I loved my coworkers, they were the best part of the job. I got along with each and everyone of my coworkers. – less
Very good workplace with god management
ETL and SQL Developer (Current Employee), INNovember 10, 2014
Pros: internal celebrations, outings
Cons: benefits and payrolls are not meting up the expectation of an experienced associate.
Cognizant is a well equipped, top rated MNC in Software solutions.Cognizan't reputation is top ranked , compared to its competitors.

Working days are joyful and pleasant with my colleagues and obviously there is some work pressure but it can be handled by the interaction with my co-workers.

The management of the company is good but certain areas like – more... micro management in technical sector may reduce the productivity.
In such situations, the dead line of delivery will become tough and a fire fighting will come in place necessary to meet it up.

Even though, I am able to find happiness and satisfaction on the work I am doing especially when I am getting the results from a tough SQL with new challenges. – less
Senior SoftwareAG Technology Specialist
Senior Technology Specialist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 9, 2014
Currently, he is working as a team lead and key developer with JPMC to develop a more robust code base for the treasury services domain of JPMC.

Work for the low level design documents (LLD) for each business models with all the technical details, help the team to understand the requirement of the LLDs.
Develop and implement the interfaces based on – more... the business requirement and best standards on SOA governance.
Apply technical/functional skills to assist customers and partners create and implement successful and innovative solutions that run, manage and optimize their key business processes while decreasing costs and inefficiencies.
Contribute to knowledge capital within the company by capturing knowledge capital from each engagement and proactively sharing own expertise.
Responsible for developing reusable components to be used by other modules. – less
Great Place to work - Industry Best
IT Operations Manager (Current Employee), Findlay, OHNovember 8, 2014

Very nice to place - Good Team cohesiveness
Team development with less work/life balance
Team Member (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJNovember 6, 2014
Wonderful place to work with effective co-workers but appraisal process deviates from the performance.
N/A
Senior Analyst - TPL Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 3, 2014
Third Party Liability (TPL) Subject Matter Expert (SME) implementing state Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) Applications.

Manage MMIS application product design requirements and client expectations for the TPL functional area.

Responsible for communicating directly with the client, other vendors and providing support throughout the development – more... lifecycle.

Develop System Test Plans; test cases, scripts and system test data; execute system test plans; analyze results; document and manage defects; coordinate defect resolution with developers and retests resolved defects. – less
Overall its Excellent
TrackWise Developer and Technical Contributor (Current Employee), North Carolina,USAOctober 31, 2014
Excellent opportunity for career growth. An very good environment for technical skill development.The management was equally supporting which paved the way to succeed in organisation.
Good place to work in.
Sr. Product Specialist (Current Employee), Somerset, NJOctober 31, 2014
Tipically a day in Cognizant starts with logging in at 8 in the morning. It starts with various offshore and agile calls. Usually these calls vary in duration, some 15 min and others 1/2 hr. At around 9:30 to 10 am after taking the updates and deliverables, we start our onshore activity, which might involve deployments across regions for some projects, – more... or code review or requirement gathering or status reporting with customers. Later part of the day is usually spent in assigning work or sending update mail to offshore. There is also a small call little late in the night with offshore where we pass on additional information on need and case by case basis.

We usually work out of customer location, the employee mix in customer organization is diverse and even in the orginization where i belong.

Since, various teams perform various enterprise wide functions, at times simplest work get stuck in some process queues.

The good part of the job is that it provides a very approchable environment to work in. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Cognizant Technology Solutions

Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation (Cognizant) is a provider of custom information technology (IT) consulting and technology – Read more

Cognizant Technology Solutions Photos