Cognizant Technology Solutions

Cognizant Technology Solutions Employee Reviews

Found 1,125 reviews matching the search
This company is completely ridiculous. Employees are disposable.
Director Consulting (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 21, 2016
This is by far the worst company that I have ever seen. Everything is a disorganized mess and you can't get an answer or resolution from anyone. The travel reimbursement process is outrageous. You have to use your own credit cards for travel. The expenses often take more than 30 days to be reimbursed. You really don't have a manager. Everyone is a free agent. All they care about is sales.
Pros
Working with great clients.
Cons
Horrible place to work, isolated, treated with disrespect
Decent place to work.
Tech Lead (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 20, 2016
I don't know why people complain about this company.
I do respect others thoughts, but for me this company is good.

Medical plan, Dental and Vision plans are excellent.

Don't expect promotions soon. It takes time. Time means lot of time.

Hike depends on your rating. Rating depends on your relation ship with manager and manager depends on ??? god knows... So keep your contacts good.

Solo perfomance is not appreciated here.

Salary is decent. I cant complain on this.

Yearly bonus is good. Depending on companies perfomance.

GC is done. Thats a benefit for many people.
Law firm is excellent.
Project-based assignment on Customer's Sites.
Lead Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 23, 2016
In the USA, the Company provides Consulting Services on their Customer Premises.
A typical day involves interaction with Customer's peers working on assigned Projects. Lots of team work, timelines, and deliverables.
Assignments are Project-based. At the end of an assignment, you are benched, for a time, until a new assignment is found.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Enjoying your PTO is Customer/Project dependent. Hard to plan for it.
Entreprenurial, open to career growth
Talent Acquisition Recruiter (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 8, 2016
Successful global company with remote work culture for many roles allows many employees to maintain a work life balance. Compensation and benefits are competitive with market. Company is open to career growth and with years of success offers excellent compensation for strong performers. Challenges are self directed culture, communication can lack and career guidance is not always offered.
Pros
Excellent compensation/benefits; remote work culture; successful
Cons
self directed culture, career guidance lacking
Good company with job security
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJAugust 15, 2016
Cognizant is a good company to start your career with. A lot of clients with a lot of projects gets you ample opportunity to get hands on experience on technology, business processes and consulting.

But at the end of the day, it primarily remains a staff augmentation company with a very little but growing presence in business consulting.
Pros
Lots of projects, job security
Cons
Staff Augmentation mindset, compensation
Stable company to work for.
Manager - Projects (Current Employee) –  WisconsinAugust 5, 2016
Good company to work for, decent pay and benefits. Typically works like any other outsourcing company but bit more aggressive in sales/marketing than it's peers. Normally a stable job environment even if a project finishes you will be assigned another one (less risk of loosing job). Managers are good but depends on each area, it might not be same in all projects.
Pros
Decent benefits in US, job is normally secure.
Cons
No Work life balance, politics during performance rating and promotions, no focus on external training.
Great place with lots of fun people!!!
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 13, 2016
Everyone is always so hard working and the environment is pretty cool. The work isn't too hard, but like all jobs, it does have some challenges and road blocks along the way. The FACETS system that is used for Medicaid claim processing has quite a few issues on a frequent basis. The trick to that is to just remain calm and inform your supervisor of the problem so you can get back to production on the claims.
Just a number
Feature Development and Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 2, 2016
I've worked for Cognizant for roughly one year and I've never been anything more than a number to the company (literally, even my login to company tools is just a number.) I've worked as a contractor and I have been mistakenly dropped from projects or not added to new projects several times, necessitating intervention by my project manager that takes several weeks to clear up the issue. When my very first contract ended, I was not informed by my manager for a full week because the company "didn't have my contact information."

Cognizant is a very large company, so my experience may not be typical, but don't expect to feel like a valuable part of the company unless you are deeply ingrained in one of the business units.
Challenging career
Sr. Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCJuly 19, 2016
Go to office by 9:30AM , Clean my desk and pullout my laptop and accessories(connect and switch it on).

Read through mail and respond the required items and not my to-dos in mail. Then open JIRA to know the day today activities.

Stand-up meeting to share the work and discuss about the bottle necks.

Once back to seat will list the task in Ascending order(easy first) and implement the changes one by one.

EOD send the status mail and assign work to offshore.

Note: Break time for Lunch and tea.

Around 8 years in IT I have not found any hard part in Job(really) because I know it will be resolved in a day or two.
Pros
spot awards, team lunch, Incentives
Cons
Experessing the right thing to client
Consulting Experience
Project Manager/ Scrum Master - Agile (Former Employee) –  New York City, NYAugust 29, 2016
As a consultant who will be working at client location, the support provided to do the business is good, but when it come to personal development and support CTS lacks way behind. They do not have a proper onboarding system in place. I was not sure as to which practice line i was part of until 6months, neither was i introduced to my peers who are in the same practice line.

Want to know more about Cognizant Technology Solutions?

Ask a question
Lack of Clear Communications
Sr Infrastructure Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee wiJuly 13, 2016
Initially interviewed for a specific job with the understanding it was a "Permanent Placement". Once I moved the family it was only a contract which ended a year later. Position was 3x the software that I submitted for.

Took 6 months for HR to understand I was not born in India but Chicago. They had my passport so not sure what happened. Had listed wrong states for tax purposes and that also took 6 months to straighten out with very little communications occurring.

If this company improved on their internal communications it would be a good place to work. Placement places you and then you are forgotten. Too big and felt like I fell between the cracks.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Little PTO, Lack of Communication
Will work for them
Mortgage Claims/Document Processor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 8, 2016
Pay could be better., Like the people I worked with.• Reimbursement for cost for services rendered
Researched claims for Green Tree/Ditech
Approved loans within specified limits from FMNA guidelines
Analyzed Escrow accounts for setup
Analyzed applications financial status, credit, ability to repay debt
Verify employment Researched title information
Department I worked in was sold to Cognizant
Senior Licensing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJuly 7, 2016
Cognizant Technology bought the Distributor Services department that I worked in. Shortly afterwards, they outsourced my job and assigned me to another client. I worked for about 1 1/2 years for that client until I retired. I was still in the insurance industry but in the contracting and licensing department.
Pros
My salary stayed the same as with ING and my benefits
Cons
Was not prepared to be moved to another client. We were told that nothing would change.
Good company to work
Sr. Business Development Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 15, 2016
Its a decent company to work with many good avenues to gain experience with but employee benefits not very competitive. Also the appraisal cycle is a somewhat biased and not performance oriented.

But overall you can expect to work for good projects and gain some strong technology experience!
Pros
Projects, management, vision
Cons
appraisal cycle, benefits
Project Summary
Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  INJune 7, 2016
This project deals with improving the applicant and employer experience on line by enhancing process efficiencies and creating a new underwriting experience giving MetLife Insurance(client) a competitive advantage in the market place. The application developed allows the users to register and apply for additional coverage, validate the employee data, and generate communications. Web Service Development which includes Java, Web Services, Sybase and SQL have been used.
Pros
Learned a lot of work ethics
Cons
too soon deadlines
Overall work experience is good. This is a place where you can have a fast paced growth. The employee benefits are not convincing comparatively though
Sr. Performance Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2016
The employee benefits are not convincing comparatively though it is more than the moderate level.
Good work place and professional atmosphere
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 4, 2016
Everythings goes by policy that HR has finalized. Amazing work place both for latreral hire as well as freshers. Cognizant has offices is all major business cities across the globe. Anybody trying to get into new domain or technolgy gets a fair chance.
Pros
Onsite oppourtunity, work life balance, good management.
Cons
Need to prove a lot to get one promotion. Everything goes by policy finalized by HR and higher mgmt.
Technical consulting company with a lot of upside promise
Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2016
Deep and rich history in managing technical consulting engagements and is working hard to expand their business consulting engagements. Great work environment for those who have a strong technical background and don't mind getting their hands dirty.
Pros
Skilled and friendly teammates
Great people and challenging work environment
Enterprise Mobile Architect (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 1, 2016
Creating solution architectures
Working with internal and external stakeholders on business problems and solutions
Architecting, designing and implementing with developer teams
Pros
Work culture, Casual environment
Cons
Career growth, No transparency, Hierarchical decision making
Mainframe Testing in Banking and Finance Domain
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  INJune 4, 2016
Improved the customer’s smart card efficiency by troubleshooting the Mainframe test cases using Clear Quest & Quality Center tools.
Fixed all of the live issues, which improved the overall customer satisfaction.
Reduced the latency by 30% in the testing environment, which eased the overall test performance of the system.
Pros
Learnt Mainframe
Cons
Not that technical

Cognizant Technology Solutions Reviews by Location