Cognizant Technology Solutions

Cognizant Technology Solutions Employee Reviews

Found 1,122 reviews matching the search
Consulting Experience
Project Manager/ Scrum Master - Agile (Former Employee) –  New York City, NYAugust 29, 2016
As a consultant who will be working at client location, the support provided to do the business is good, but when it come to personal development and support CTS lacks way behind. They do not have a proper onboarding system in place. I was not sure as to which practice line i was part of until 6months, neither was i introduced to my peers who are in the same practice line.
Nice IT company to work
Program Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 26, 2016
One of the best IT company I worked in my career; the working environment and organizational structure is well structured. Cognizant always take care of their employees and their needs.
Good company
Senior IT Engineer (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJAugust 26, 2016
Good company to work as the environment helps employees to gain easy knowledge by letting them make decisions, i learned a lot from them but it is time to move on.
Its a nice place to work
Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAAugust 24, 2016
Cognizant is a good place to work, it is more employee friendly also they provide good benefits. They have a fair work life balance.
Project-based assignment on Customer's Sites.
Lead Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 23, 2016
In the USA, the Company provides Consulting Services on their Customer Premises.
A typical day involves interaction with Customer's peers working on assigned Projects. Lots of team work, timelines, and deliverables.
Assignments are Project-based. At the end of an assignment, you are benched, for a time, until a new assignment is found.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Enjoying your PTO is Customer/Project dependent. Hard to plan for it.
work life balance is there, benefits are standard
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  United StatesAugust 22, 2016
Management is pretty clear
Chance of growth in technical line is limited
Work life balance is good
Compensation is not good
Job stability is very good
Good company with job security
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJAugust 15, 2016
Cognizant is a good company to start your career with. A lot of clients with a lot of projects gets you ample opportunity to get hands on experience on technology, business processes and consulting.

But at the end of the day, it primarily remains a staff augmentation company with a very little but growing presence in business consulting.
Pros
Lots of projects, job security
Cons
Staff Augmentation mindset, compensation
Great place with lots of fun people!!!
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 13, 2016
Everyone is always so hard working and the environment is pretty cool. The work isn't too hard, but like all jobs, it does have some challenges and road blocks along the way. The FACETS system that is used for Medicaid claim processing has quite a few issues on a frequent basis. The trick to that is to just remain calm and inform your supervisor of the problem so you can get back to production on the claims.
Good Company to work!
Infra. Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 12, 2016
I am with Cognizant for over 6 years and its a great place to work! The management is good and very well organized. But Promotion are hard to come by as you go up in organization chart and this would be the case with most companies anyway.
Pros
Management, Benefits
Cons
nothing much to add here
Entreprenurial, open to career growth
Talent Acquisition Recruiter (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 8, 2016
Successful global company with remote work culture for many roles allows many employees to maintain a work life balance. Compensation and benefits are competitive with market. Company is open to career growth and with years of success offers excellent compensation for strong performers. Challenges are self directed culture, communication can lack and career guidance is not always offered.
Pros
Excellent compensation/benefits; remote work culture; successful
Cons
self directed culture, career guidance lacking
Good Company
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 8, 2016
Growing company, good clients, presence in all geographies, Nice onsite opportunities, if you do good, there will be growth, good place to work and develop
Pros
Cons
NA
Rapidly growing with multiple opportunities
AD (Current Employee) –  100% TravelAugust 7, 2016
Good place to grow technically; recent policies have been leaning to much more offshore placement at client sites.
Pay is good culture is not
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDAugust 7, 2016
When I started at cognizant I was excited to finally have a grown up adult type job. Unfortunately I found out that many people who worked there were stuck in high school. Lots of cliques at this place and if you are not in one or you are not in the right one you should consider your days there numbered. For example when I got hired I was the only Male on a team made up of all females. I initially did not worry too much about that dynamic because I have always gotten along with women better than men at work. However, being the only male on the team I was often subject to the ire of our team leader who was a disgrunteled divorcee who seemed to take out her ex husband woes on me. I was often berated loudly and in the presence of the rest of the team for not doing things correctly and after that I felt that I was the pervible punching bag for any one of the ladies who had a man that did something wrong to them. I never felt comfortable on the team and no matter how hard I tried to be one of the team I was never really welcome. I caution anyone who gets a job there because another problem is that you are not officially hired for six months and if you have not made it in the correct crowd then expect to be let go because you are a contractor and are not even paid from cognizant until your six months are up. I was disappointed because you get a lot of half truths told to you and then a lot of things change to the point to where you can never truly master any one aspect of your job. Good luck to anyone that does get a job here maybe your experience will be better than  more... mine.  less
Pros
free gym, huge cafteteria other discounts
Cons
Cliques are common, petty bickering, constant changing and restructuring
Stable company to work for.
Manager - Projects (Current Employee) –  WisconsinAugust 5, 2016
Good company to work for, decent pay and benefits. Typically works like any other outsourcing company but bit more aggressive in sales/marketing than it's peers. Normally a stable job environment even if a project finishes you will be assigned another one (less risk of loosing job). Managers are good but depends on each area, it might not be same in all projects.
Pros
Decent benefits in US, job is normally secure.
Cons
No Work life balance, politics during performance rating and promotions, no focus on external training.
Good company to scale up career
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 3, 2016
Good company to scale up your career. Nice working environment and learning opportunities, and areas to explore within organization. Good number of clients/projects across geographies.
Pros
Opportunities with in Org. to explore
Cons
Middle Management
Work and Life balance with Good Job Security
Senior UX Consultant (Senior Associate) (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJAugust 3, 2016
Management Hierarchy is too deep and creates a lot of problems to get approval for even trivial issues. Management is reshuffled frequently.
Just a number
Feature Development and Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 2, 2016
I've worked for Cognizant for roughly one year and I've never been anything more than a number to the company (literally, even my login to company tools is just a number.) I've worked as a contractor and I have been mistakenly dropped from projects or not added to new projects several times, necessitating intervention by my project manager that takes several weeks to clear up the issue. When my very first contract ended, I was not informed by my manager for a full week because the company "didn't have my contact information."

Cognizant is a very large company, so my experience may not be typical, but don't expect to feel like a valuable part of the company unless you are deeply ingrained in one of the business units.
Service Now Developer/ Administrator
Service Now Developer/Admin (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAAugust 1, 2016
Genomic Health Inc is one of the largest Global Health companies in the United States. The project involves in design, development and maintenance of databases. I have been part of development and enhancements for the same.
Great people and challenging work environment
Enterprise Mobile Architect (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 1, 2016
Creating solution architectures
Working with internal and external stakeholders on business problems and solutions
Architecting, designing and implementing with developer teams
Pros
Work culture, Casual environment
Cons
Career growth, No transparency, Hierarchical decision making
Great for Rutgers University Student
Associate (Current Employee) –  Raritan, NJJuly 31, 2016
This is a great program that J&J offers for students at rutgers university. This give students alot of exposure to many of their operating companies. Also they recruit all year round to help students get their foot in the door.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cognizant Technology Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

Cognizant Technology Solutions Reviews by Location