Cognosante Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and fun people to work with
GCIII, Eligibility Support - Complex Issues Dept. (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARFebruary 27, 2016
This is a great company to work for. This position is for a government contract involving data entry in a team-like environment. Having job security is becoming a thing of the past. At least with this contract it is, because it involves Obamacare.

In working with diverse types of personalities, I have learned how to communicate more effectively with people on a professionally-friendly basis without personal discussions on the production floor.

I appreciate a strong management style because its easier to follow clear directives and by achieving my highest potential, I am able to pass it on to others, so they may achieve theirs also.
Benefits
Fun place to work and build experience
Direct Manager (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDFebruary 2, 2016
Cognosante develops a fun atmosphere with its various events to build professional relationships and raise funds for charitable donations. Management is very caring of its employees, however the company is not set up to provide the means to build and advance employees easily.
Pros
The culture developed and people you get to work with
Cons
Pay tiers and ease to advance
The best job ever!
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 1, 2016
I truly loved working here. Days are pretty systematic and they are accommodating to personal needs on scheduled hours and needing time off. Everyone on my team got along perfectly.I found that all the management was very helpful and friendly. The hardest part is lack of training. They do not have on site trainers and all training is by reading, researching, digital chalk and occasional skype meetings. The most enjoyable part of my job besides loving my teammates was the opportunity to work with a company that listens to the employees to make it a better work place.
Pros
Free coffee and tea. Mini food mart in the break room with plenty of choices.
Cons
Contract job and all personal items must be placed in lockers.
Serious Micro-Management
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 2, 2016
It's a temporary position that offers some valuable skill for your future opportunities.• Analysis of discrepancies in the eligibility reconciliation process for multiple stakeholders.
• Adherence to government federal personal insurance information act (PII), Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA)
• Conduct research, workflow investigations, business procedures and making recommendations.
• Exercise analytical and researching techniques to trend or quantify projects.
Pros
Team Leads and co-workers are great to work with
Cons
Miro-Management - Call Center environment
Great Job!
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 12, 2016
I have had a great time working for Cognosante. The management are very kind and the salary is awesome! One of the best jobs that I have had.
Pros
Salary
Benefits
Great cmpany with excellent benefits
Training Team Manger (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXOctober 25, 2015
As a manager, I had a team of trainers to supervise and my manager gave me full reign to handle any and all situations. I applied all kinds of new ideas, and techniques in my management style to create the best team possible and an environment conducive to a learning and teaching environment.

The hardest part of my job was that I had 10 trainers, 4 work 7am - 3:30pm and the other 6 worked from 4pm - 12:30am, and dividing my time between the crew. However, I figured out how to keep the team engaged and holding themselves accountable for the times that I am not in the building. I enjoyed the training aspect of the job, keeping my trainers up-to-date on newest procedures and techniques, and always kept them engaged in their own learning.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
30 Minute lunches
Great advacement oportunities
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  fargo NDJuly 20, 2015
Fun place to work with plenty opportunities for advancement based off of performance! The better your work the faster you move up! Management kept employees engaged in their jobs with fun competitions and many, many, pot lucks! yum!
Pros
Fun enviornment with great benifits
Cons
Cannot be 1 minute late!...Big No No!
Productive Place To Work For
Team Lead/Bilingual Enrollment Service (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 4, 2016
Great place to work for with great benefits and nothing but caring coworkers willing to help you and train you. It would be ideal if they offered full time positions as most of the positions are seasonal.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Job Growth
Cons
Seasonal (most of the year)
Interaction with the public was great never boaring
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 1, 2015
Arrive 15 minutes prior to shift work assignment were given each Friday.
Weekly training for all employees
Diverse group of people to work with
Workdays were Mon-Sat. (One day off during the week) unless another site was short handed.
The ability to provide healthcare coverage for people from all walks of life.
Pros
Benefits, compensation for mileage, supervisors were great people
Cons
A seasonal position for everyone except management.
Loved the type of work I did
Case Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 9, 2016
The work was great. I enjoyed doing analysis. However, the cases that we received from ACA was not understandable. The spelling and grammar were terrible.

We did have some issues with the system upgrade which was a frustration at times.

Every job has it's issues but I really liked working there and wished the job could have lasted longer.
Pros
Good work, nice peope
Cons
It was contract worked that ended after tax season
Teamwork atmosphere
CASE ANALYST II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 18, 2016
A typical day started with checking your emails and logging into Skype to see what your schedule will be for the day including meetings. I learned how to work on multiple screens to pull up all my essential tools that we used. Management treated us real well and my co-workers were great. We often solved problems as a team, which made it easier and much more enjoyable.
Pros
Provide free coffee, tea and hot chocolate.
Employee focused company.
Case Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 28, 2015
A diverse work place that has taught me many valuable skills. They promote job advancement.
Each day I am thrilled to come in and deliver quality client services.
Pros
employee fouled
Cons
strict security policies in place, no phones or paper
culture
Case Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 25, 2016
Training for Analyst position was poor. Reference documentation was complicated and had a lot of conflicting information which made it hard to adapt to the job.
Management was new, they did not know the job therefore were of no support to the team.
Computer systems were often down not allowing for consistent work performance.
Cognosante
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJanuary 7, 2016
Good company with decent pay. Fun working environment for full time employees. However, for contractors there is no job security
Fun environment
Data Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 3, 2016
The environment is simple, You come in and work. You are in teams so helping others is a most. Most managers and hands off and flock to the stand outs on the floor. The best part of the job is not being micro-managed so much.
Pros
Easy work day, Pay, early in early out
Cons
Short lunches and breaks, No insight on the plan, Late to give information.
Good Training job.
Customer Service Representative Trainer (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLOctober 14, 2015
Cognosante is a good company but is a contract position and does not offer very good benefits. The uncertainty of whether or not contracts will be extended gets very old.
Cons
Contract positions
Good Place to work
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  PhoenixJune 10, 2016
Working at Cognosante is fun however, there is NO job security as most of the work they do are Government contracts with definite expiration dates.Part of the management is kind of adhoc but my Team Lead was a very good, knowledgeable person. My colleagues were terrific.
Pros
Kitchen was well stuck.
Cons
No job security
Great Company to work for!
Quality Assurance Analyst Lead/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 22, 2015
Typical day at work would consist of me monitoring calls, reviewing request from the State, managing staff, and responding to emails. I've learned a lot about the State Health Care Program and the Affordable Care Act.
I have an AWESOME manager that I report to; and in addition I have a great open door relationship with the VP and other corporate staff.
My co-workers are skillful and full of experience and knowledge. My immediate staff are the best associates I have ever worked with in a Supervisory capacity.
The hardest part of my job is the contract ending.
The most enjoyable part of my job are the people I work with and being able to assist others in need.
Pros
Great Benefits and advancement opportunities
Cons
N/A
When it's over, it's over.
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAFebruary 29, 2016
This company had purchased a former company that I was working for. When that happened everything changed. The latter employer went to bat for me, stood by me tooth and nail. ACSIcorp didn't.

That was very frustrating for me.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
No Backing
fun place to work for
consumer outreach agent (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 26, 2016
My time at Cognosante was definitely a time of growth. Cognosante is a great company to work for. a typical work day include gathering data, and letting consumers know the outcome of their case.
Pros
smaill office, and excellent compensation
Cons
some co-workers arent as nice as they may seem