Cognosante

Cognosante United States Employee Reviews

Great Company to work for!
Quality Assurance Analyst Lead/Supervisor (Current Employee), Nashville, TNApril 22, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits and advancement opportunities
Cons: N/A
Typical day at work would consist of me monitoring calls, reviewing request from the State, managing staff, and responding to emails. I've learned a lot about the State Health Care Program and the Affordable Care Act.
I have an AWESOME manager that I report to; and in addition I have a great open door relationship with the VP and other corporate staff.
My co-workers are skillful and full of experience and knowledge. My immediate staff are the best associates I have ever worked with in a Supervisory capacity.
The hardest part of my job is the contract ending.
The most enjoyable part of my job are the people I work with and being able to assist others in need.
Unprofessional at times
business Analyst (Former Employee), New Castle, DEApril 14, 2015
Pros: Pay and Benefits
Cons: 75% travel, unprofessionalism, poor employee appreciation
I worked as a Business Analyst with Cognosante for about 6 months. They scheduled me for an interview for Project Manager. During the interview I found out that the role was for a Business Analyst. They convinced me that I was qualified so I accepted the role. During rate negotiations they told me they wouldn't pay me the same rate that as the PM role but they would later. After I started work, and attending the meetings virtually, the Directors were rude and degrading to the team. Nearly half of the project team left within 3 months on the project. They never re-hired for those roles, they simply transferred the work to the remaining staff. The saving grace of the organization was the Lead Project Manager who was very nice. If it wasn't for her, more people would have left. Overall, pay was decent but not worth the unprofessionalism and constant re-work caused by poor executive leadership.
Productive and Fun work enviroment
Helpdesk Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee), Falls Church VAApril 13, 2015
I help assist agents and brokers troubleshooting their issues via telephone

Also use the Remedy ticketing system

Fun and productive work environment

I am apart of a hybrid team, that is expected to know all of the new systems that comes out, in order to assist with the various callers
Just like family
In Person Assister (Former Employee), Tempe, AZMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Everything was a Pro except one thing
Cons: Wish the contract was ongoing
Cognosante was the best company I ever had the blessing to work for. My fellow employees and management staff were more like family to me than work peers. I loved it and wished it could have been an ongoing career as opposed to a contract.
Productive Workplace
Skilled data entry (Former Employee), Lawton, OkMarch 14, 2015
- Would make outbound phone calls to consumers
- Learned how to do Data Entry
- Learned how to work in a big environment with a lot of people
- Learned how to communicate with other people on my team to get the job done
- The hardest part was having to call mulitple customers every day telling them that they where no longer covered and that if they wanted to apply for health coverage through us they could
Excellent Team Lead and Supervisor
Bilingual In-Person Enrollment Assister (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 2, 2015
Pros: excellent working environment
Cons: short lunch hour.
Excellent benefits, great team leaders, and great co-workers made this job very enjoyable. My place of employment was richly rewarding because the people were so nice and friendly, and the location was a dream come true. I worked in the central Dallas library.
Helping Others was the key!!
Bilingual Assister Healthcare (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: great schedule.
Cons: healthcare its a lot of information to cover. and that was good for me.
The ability to navigate on the Healthcare.gov website was a great experience. And the ability to assist clients to find the right plan for them and the family .
Opened doors to other opportunities
Subject Matter Expert/ General Clerk (Former Employee), Rogers, ARFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: my direct supervisor, the team, learned new skill sets
Cons: unorganized, lacks leadership, lacks training
As a Subject Matter Expert I was responsible for reading, understanding, and researching reference guides in order to train new or existing associates based on best business practices. Our guides were implemented by the Center for Medicare/Medicaid Services in regards to the Affordable Care Act. I learned how to become very adaptable and patient to change. My direct leadership team was very informative and enlightening. He taught me how to be a good leader by advising how to deal with different personalities. The hardest part of the job was knowing that I was not making a difference in the lives of American citizens. The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity I was given to train associates.
The Worst Company I have Worked for....
EDI Analyst (Former Employee), RemoteFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: most disorganized, unethical, unprofessional
The Management is not at all organized . Worst training ever in the 1st few days. They do not have a proper hiring process . They hire 100's of people and train them in a single group with just 1 trainer for all 100 people . The training itself was a chaos. The trainer did know what she was talking . She took the help of the people in the training to train them . The trainer itself was very disengaged and unprofessional. Most of the jobs at Cognosante are remote working jobs and all the management work remotely who are very disorganized ,unprofessional and disengaged. No work ethics at all. I Highly recommend not to join this company . They are just wasting Federal Government's Money .
they are not a bad company
General Clerk II (Former Employee), Lawton, OkFebruary 2, 2015
They are a pretty good company but they change what you will be doing sometimes as much as 5 or 6 times a day. They would have us start out by doing what we were hired to do and then change it to do another departments job and not want to pay us for all the extra work we did.
Great experience enrolling consumers to health plans
Healthcare Enrollment Specialist/Temporary (Current Employee), Tempe arizonaFebruary 1, 2015
Great job where I learned a lot and have good team members that work as a team. Bad part is its only temporary to enroll in health plans.
fast growing work place
In person Goverment Health Certified Assister (Current Employee), Phoenix, azJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: help consumers that do not qualify for health insurance
Cons: short lunch/breaks
To obtain a growth-oriented challenging position, within a stable company, that will utilize my customer service skills and abilities.
I have found that the most important quality in an office assistant is flexibility. You must be able to switch gears quickly to respond to constant interruptions and the demands of the boss. I also feel that the office is the hub of the business. The assistant must be knowledgeable about all aspects of the business and be able to receive, evaluate and pass on information to all areas in the workplace.”
Wonderful Experience
Bi- Lingual Enrollment Assister / Navigator (Current Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 8, 2015
Working for Cognosante, a government program for the Affordable Care Act; was a wonderful experience. I became state certified and learned a lot about the ACA. I truly enjoyed helping the consumers I encountered. I met and worked with such caring individuals, the management team was extremely positive!
review
Dallas Area Director/Site Supervisor (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 7, 2015
Cons: hours, deadlines, reports, ect.
This started out as a great opportunity, then it became a management joke.
The purpose is to help the community
Bilingual Enrollment Assister (Current Employee), El Paso, TXDecember 9, 2014
This job is very goal directed, the purpose is to educate the customer on the benefits that are available to them and assist those that qualify to obtain health benefits.
In- Person Assister
In- Person Assister (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 9, 2014
At Cognosante we try our best to help our consumers feel as though their mission has been accomplished, that they are pleased with the customer service they are provided with, and understand the plans that they decide to enroll into regarding healthcare. Understanding that you are not alone and that you work with a team is not only the best part of the position as a whole, but seeing that you have made someone else's life that much easier. The hardest part of this position is not being able to assist the consumer. Not being able to be the one to help them select a plan and see them walk away with a smile. Financial decisions are not on our part, but we do as much as we can to play apart in their understanding of the healthcare marketplace.
Enrollment Specialist Navigator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 26, 2014
Pros: employee friendly
Cons: health care
Visited sites out side of office for insurance enrollment. Learned a lot about all cultures of people. Great co-workers
So Much Stuff To DO
GC2 (Former Employee), Lawton, OKNovember 21, 2014
A day in the life of a GC2
Was extremely busy between outbound calling and submitting applications
Great opportunities for advancement.
Bi-Lingual Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 21, 2014
Pros: opportunities for growth
Professional environment with advancement opportunities withing the company.
N/A
Business Analyst Call Center Manager (Former Employee), Rogers, ARSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: day went by quick
Cons: chaotic workplace
• Answered 100 calls a day, the calls are both inbound and outbound.
• Managed a call center team of 400 people along with training and coaching.
• Quality Assurance for scripts, training and federal documentation. Consultation with functional unit management and personnel to identify, define and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements, and levels of systems access
• Laid the foundation for the Affordable Health Care Act and administered quality assurance training.
• Acts as a liaison between departmental end-users, technical analysts, information technology analysts, consultants and other governmental organizations in the analysis, design, configuration, testing and maintenance of case management systems to ensure optimal operational performance
• Provides technical assistance in training, mentoring, and coaching professional and technical staff.
• Actively recruited, interviewed and hired prospective employees

1 2 3 4