CohnReznick LLP Employee Reviews

CohnReznick
Employee (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 15, 2017
I am generally happy with my experience but know a lot of coworkers that feel otherwise. There are also hardly any benefits. Overall they do not provide a steady work life balance for their employees.
Great place to learn a high level of service as well as experience in multiple businesses
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2017
Long hours and hard work but it is well worth the experience! Learned how to service clients efficiently and effectively. Management (partners) can be more knowledgeable and helpful with the nature of clients business. Love the cohesiveness and team player attitude of the tax department.
Good workplace
Audit Associate- Healthcare (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2016
I really enjoyed my time there. All my direct supervisors were very kind and helpful. It is a good place to work. The only issue is the size and there is not always room for advancement.
Partner run Firm with very poor management and Human Resources Department
Department Manager/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Roseland, NJJuly 17, 2013
Overwhelming work load, no compensation for promotions, lack of responsibility taken by Partner in charge of department, lack of appreciation towards employees. No team building or team spirit, all that mattered was the dollar and the end result - no matter what the effect on the personnel.
Pros
Cons
entire structure of the Firm
Horrible place to work
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDAugust 19, 2014
I couldn't get out of here fast enough! The merger has wrecked both companies and their respective cultures.
Benefits
Cons
Management, pay is not competitive
Tax Processing at CohnReznick
Seasonal Tax Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Roseland, NJDecember 2, 2015
A day at CohnReznick as a Tax Processing Clerk, consists of working as a team to process all of the tax forms to the Tax Preparers. The management was great everybody was very friendly. The hardest part of the job is learning the programs. It was a fun work place and they had great supportive management.
Big corporation with a small firm/family culture
Senior Consultant, M&A Transaction Advisory Group (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 6, 2015
Great people, great management, friendly and respectful culture. Good place for long-term advancement/career growth. In 2015 the evaluations for promotions have changed from time-based to performance-based, so for those who are smart and ambitios this means a good chance for an accelerated path to the top.
Good place to start
Experienced Audit Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 28, 2015
Great people.
Room for growth.
Close Big 4 hours during busy season, can work from home on Saturdays.
Can interact with partners any time, same for sr. managers.
Most of the seniors are friendly and like to teach.
Good work-life balance in my first year.
Bad work-life balance in my second year.
Great location, great group of people, a bit unorganized at times
Senior Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 21, 2013
in the tax department, new employees get work from every manager/senior that passes out work. Like most public accounting firms, there seems to be a high turnover of employees and some of the projects the "new hires" receive have been done by a different employee every year. This makes workpapers hard to follow, which causes running up (Work in Process which goes to BILLING). Slowing down to learn messy prior year workpapers hurts the QUANTITY of work produced. It is clear to all in the firm- from staff to partners- that QUANTITY of work is more important than QUALITY.
Pros
Parties, trips to Ractrack
Cons
no Senior Accountant bonuses, only MAnagement and up
Busy yet friendly work environment. The office is nice.
Audit Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, New YorkJune 30, 2014
The people were very friendly, and the job environment was not too high pressured; but you knew you had to work hard to maintain your position. I only started as an intern so I can not speak for an entry level accountant position yet. However, it seems like an enjoyable atmosphere to work in. I hope to receive a position in the future, and work hard to maintain it.
Pros
Company sponsored lunch's, and birthday cake's once a month.

Want to know more about CohnReznick LLP?

Ask a question
Good Place to Work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 14, 2015
My co-workers were a wonderful group of people. We worked close together to ensure work was going out properly and on time.

I learned new systems for coding of time and expenses and accounts payable.

There was always classes you could take to improve yourself on your computer skills
Pros
Doing Community Events
Cons
Company growing to fast
Senior Associate, Audit (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 8, 2014
It's been ok working here so far. work life balance is non existent during busy season (january through april), just like at any other public accounting company. Great co workers. Management is not too bad.
CohnReznick LLP
Practice (Business) Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eatontown, NJApril 24, 2015
My typical day was researching and soliciting new business for top 10 national accounting and consulting firm. Very successful with business opportunities and ability to close sales
Pros
Great co-workers
N/a
Senior Audit Associate (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 3, 2013
I like the people I work with, and the type of client services we provide.