CohnReznick LLP Employee Reviews

Made Tax Season enjoyable
Tax Intern (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 14, 2017
Even though this CPA firm isn't apart of the Big Four, they make every effort to be just as relevant - and it's working. They provide excellent work like balance, even for interns.
Standard Mid Tier Public Accounting
Senior Audit Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 4, 2017
Real estate focused. Very long hours during busy season. Generous PTO outside of busy season. Very cut throat environment, high stress and tight deadlines. Pay is below average for the industry. Met some great people working there but overall not recommended.
High Paced
Audit Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 28, 2017
While at Reznick, Conducted external audits, internal audits, and agreed-upon procedures for banks and mortgage companies. Provided timely regulatory compliance and external audit services to Financial Institutions, supervising 7-member staff at national CPA firms in the U.S. Published and presented findings to executives, Audit Committees, and Board.
Great environment to work and good people
Advisory Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 18, 2017
Lots of opportunity to move up in the company. Everyone is friendly and willing to help. Work sometimes slow so there will be lag times. There are always opportunities to help the community and get involved outside of work.
Pros
Free lunches, good people
Cons
Nice Place to work as a contract employee
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Roseland, NJSeptember 14, 2017
I was a contract employee at Cohn Reznick.

It was a very good experience. It has a very nice workplace culture, and had plenty of work for me. I would strongly recommend this company.

Pros
Comfortable atmosphere, friendly employees and management, and plenty of work.
Standard Accounting Firm
Senior Audit Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 22, 2017
Hours are long for four months and management asks a lot of lower positions. Culture is fun but competitive. Politics get daunting. Mostly what you expect from a public accounting firm.
Audit Associate (Former Employee) –  Roseland, NJJuly 2, 2017
The company has an open door policy, therefore partners and managers are usually available for questions, concerns or even a little small talk. The environment is friendly and prostive.
So So
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Roseland, NJMay 24, 2017
So so company. All about politics. Dog eat dog type of environment. Quick to cut employees when costs are getting too high. Long hours during busy season with no compensation.
Good...could be great with more structure, better incentives and compensation.
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMay 12, 2017
A typical workday at CohnReznick as an Office Coordinator includes meetings, interacting with vendors, data entry, planning and facilitating events, ordering tax files, processing invoices and ordering small furniture and office supplies. I've learned various aspects of Microsoft Office and also how to operate within a budget. Management could use work as far as communication and creating a more structured working environment. The workplace culture could use more diversity and inclusion. There could also be more social activities or events. The hardest part of the day is dealing with new associates and interns and also Executive Assistants that do not follow policy and procedures and have a sense of entitlement. Also, the Human Resources staff could be more approachable and supportive. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the staff during various projects and events.
Pros
Free meals and beverages, local bsuiness perks, gym discount, flexibility, free gifts
Cons
Pricey healthcare, poor communication, lack of social events, low pay
Company needs better work life balance
Administration/Finance Department (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 22, 2017
Lots of work rushes. Being that my job depends on getting work from my partners there are times that I have no work at all and then at the end of the month I have a heavy load of work. That is very stressful. Also when you are at a time where your work load is light you are unable to help in other areas because of how management has your job description.
Cons
Driving to Hartford CT
CohnReznick
Employee (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 15, 2017
I am generally happy with my experience but know a lot of coworkers that feel otherwise. There are also hardly any benefits. Overall they do not provide a steady work life balance for their employees.
Great place to learn a high level of service as well as experience in multiple businesses
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2017
Long hours and hard work but it is well worth the experience! Learned how to service clients efficiently and effectively. Management (partners) can be more knowledgeable and helpful with the nature of clients business. Love the cohesiveness and team player attitude of the tax department.
Good workplace
Audit Associate- Healthcare (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2016
I really enjoyed my time there. All my direct supervisors were very kind and helpful. It is a good place to work. The only issue is the size and there is not always room for advancement.
Tax Processing at CohnReznick
Seasonal Tax Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Roseland, NJDecember 2, 2015
A day at CohnReznick as a Tax Processing Clerk, consists of working as a team to process all of the tax forms to the Tax Preparers. The management was great everybody was very friendly. The hardest part of the job is learning the programs. It was a fun work place and they had great supportive management.
Good Place to Work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 14, 2015
My co-workers were a wonderful group of people. We worked close together to ensure work was going out properly and on time.

I learned new systems for coding of time and expenses and accounts payable.

There was always classes you could take to improve yourself on your computer skills
Pros
Doing Community Events
Cons
Company growing to fast
Good place to start
Experienced Audit Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 28, 2015
Great people.
Room for growth.
Close Big 4 hours during busy season, can work from home on Saturdays.
Can interact with partners any time, same for sr. managers.
Most of the seniors are friendly and like to teach.
Good work-life balance in my first year.
Bad work-life balance in my second year.
CohnReznick LLP
Practice (Business) Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eatontown, NJApril 24, 2015
My typical day was researching and soliciting new business for top 10 national accounting and consulting firm. Very successful with business opportunities and ability to close sales
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Big corporation with a small firm/family culture
Senior Consultant, M&A Transaction Advisory Group (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 6, 2015
Great people, great management, friendly and respectful culture. Good place for long-term advancement/career growth. In 2015 the evaluations for promotions have changed from time-based to performance-based, so for those who are smart and ambitios this means a good chance for an accelerated path to the top.
Horrible place to work
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDAugust 19, 2014
I couldn't get out of here fast enough! The merger has wrecked both companies and their respective cultures.
Benefits
Cons
Management, pay is not competitive
Busy yet friendly work environment. The office is nice.
Audit Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, New YorkJune 30, 2014
The people were very friendly, and the job environment was not too high pressured; but you knew you had to work hard to maintain your position. I only started as an intern so I can not speak for an entry level accountant position yet. However, it seems like an enjoyable atmosphere to work in. I hope to receive a position in the future, and work hard to maintain it.
Pros
Company sponsored lunch's, and birthday cake's once a month.