Coinstar

Coinstar Employee Reviews

Managment is horrible
Manager (Current Employee), BellevueNovember 1, 2014
Pros: free snacks and parking
Cons: too many to list
Management lacks the ability to make strategic decisions. The Company promotes based on personal relationships. Anyone that questions why things are done a certain way will eventually be fired or have their job eliminated. The corporate offices have had 3 layoffs in the past 12 months. Employees that do no more than follow orders do well within the organization. The is a lot of political game play at corporate. Only join Coinstar if you really need the paycheck and you are ready to twilight your career. You will learn no new skills while in this organization. The exception being how to deal with incompetence and frustration.
Great People, but upper management keeps changing directions
Firmware/Software Test Engineer (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAFebruary 6, 2014
My days consisted of collaborating with team members, developing a Test Plan and Test Cases for the firmware controlling the Rubi Coffee Kiosk. Once the tests were developed, most of my time was spent executing the tests for each software/firmware change as well as each release cycle.

The hardest part of the job was that there were no specifications or design documentation for the firmware, so we had to run tests to find out what the firmware was doing and essentially reverse-engineer it.
continuos growth
Transportation Service Representative (Former Employee), Kansas City, MONovember 22, 2013
Pros: excellent pay and benifits
Cons: always changing schedule
great company to work for, unfortunately a company re-structure didn't include me unless I would relocate
Productive and fun place to work and leran many things.
QA Tester (Current Employee), bellevue WAJune 11, 2013
I have learned a new application Called "Remedy". I have great time working with clients.
Productive and Great Place to work!
Regional Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 1, 2013
Great company to work for! Plenty of room for advancement and growing!
Work, work, work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bellevue, WADecember 31, 2012
The hardest part of the job is to complete all the tasks assigned in the small amount of time given
Good company , good Benefits,good people in General but remember i work from 1999 to 2004
Field Engineer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2012
Pros: freedom to run your area as your own make your own hrs
Cons: nothing really back when i work with them
They will let u run your area as your own business as long as their weekly numbers will be up to standard , company car and good management, like one big family. it all went down after the company went public management change install gps on vehicles and started micromanagement i got lay off due to company loosing 10k machines nation wide before all the drama but i had friends that i keep in touch.
Coinstar
Systems Admin (Former Employee), BellevueOctober 10, 2012
Coinstar is a fast growing company, I build physical & virtual servers; create iLO connection for the new servers & DNS admin; create AD security & DL groups and AD share permission; admin Exchange 2010; daily Backup & some restore via CommVault; build & migrate Trend Micro OfficeScan server…etc. The hardest part of the job is to keep up with all the new changes and the most enjoyable part is our servers are up & running with an excellent percentage.
Relocating and Traveling are key with Coinstar
Transport Service Representative (Current Employee), Bellevue, WASeptember 23, 2012
Pros: benifits are amazing, pto and sick time accumulates quickly (very nice)
Wish there were room for advancement in this company. I can't even make a latteral move (not that I would want to), unless I was willing to relocate. Communication between managers and field workers seems to get lost in translation. If you are a tough individual who is willing to do a lot of physical work this is an amazing job The driving portion of the job is spectacular.But truthfully I am looking for a career... not just a job.
Congenial, professional environment
Senior Product Systems Support Engineer (Current Employee), Bellevue. WAMarch 26, 2012
As this is a contract job, I haven't had a long time to get acquainted. However, the environment is congenial, and my colleagues are friendly, skilled, and professional.
A good temporary position
Material Handler (Former Employee), Murray, UTMarch 20, 2012
Coinstar is a calling card distribution center and seems to have less and less orders leaving employees without job security
Job could have been good
Field service (Former Employee), chicagoFebruary 27, 2012
Management and boss's were horrible to work for. Expected more then you could really do and would never pay you to work overtime. Would recommend finding a different company to work for.

About Coinstar

Coins in a jar, Gift cards in your wallet… Coinstar and Coinstar Exchange kiosks turn them into things you want! That change – Read more