Coinstar Employee Reviews

Executive Team with keen eye for selling.
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAOctober 25, 2017
Coinstar has been redesigned to be a place for a short sell and worker bees just executing for the executive team. The company has lost its community culture and it was the people that brought me to work each day and now everyone is exhausted.
Change is the Constant
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 20, 2017
Coinstar is an amazing place to work. Many opportunities to do things you wouldn't have access to at other companies. People really seek to do the right thing. The people are the most enjoyable part of the job in addition to the challenging work.
Pros
Fast paced, challenging, great people
Cons
Private equity owned, so will be selling within a 3-5 year window
Family Oriented Place to work
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 14, 2017
Coinstar was a great place to work. They were flexible with my schedule and provided great benefits. In my role however there was little to no opportunity for growth.
Great people to work with!
Customer Service Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 7, 2017
Eager to get to work and accomplish your tasks and work while interacting with great people!

Fun place with folks that have a great sense of humor and believe in one another.
Pros
Believe in what they do.
Cons
Decisions can be a little too slow, but not bad.
Cut throat business
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 5, 2017
Coinstar is without question the most demanding, and difficult job I have ever had. The pay and benefits package was pretty good, no question there, however what they expect from an individual is brutal, and quite frankly ridiculous. The responsibilities they place on you is way more than what one person can physically do. When they tell you that you basically have carte blanche with overtime, while every single other person within your district must ask for OT prior to taking it, then you know that you have it harder than everyone else. I lasted over six years with the company, which was way longer than any other technician before me, in this marketplace. This position is geared for a young, and extremely energetic individual.
Pros
benefits package
Cons
work load
Not the best ending
Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 12, 2017
The company underwent a change of management or ownership. Many employees were surplussed. Someone took all keys for the machines and dumped into a box. Need I say anything more.
Pros
Enjoyed working alone and also being in the public
Cons
Very bad at the end
Excellent company, great benefits
District Manager, Service Operations (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 10, 2017
Strong company with values-based culture. Hard work is expected but compensation and benefits are very good. Can be long hours, especially for management.
Pros
Values-based culture, autonomy, encourages independent thinking
Cons
Tough work-life balance for management; constantly looking for ways to reduce cost, resulting in headcount reduction, more work put on remaining employees
good benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAApril 9, 2017
Great job with good benefits.
Management was okay, but they are not very flexible with your schedule.
Made it hard to work when other responsibilites popped up.
Also they made it very hard to focus with so much crosstraining
productive
Field Technician Floater (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMarch 7, 2017
as a field service technician you work out of your house and also travel out of state from time to time to assist in other areas for installs repairs and leave of absence needed for other technicians
Pros
fun productive work
Cons
no job security all veterans of more than 5 yrs are let go
decent company
Merchandising, Sales (Former Employee) –  Glendale Heights, ILMay 3, 2016
dont really have a review, it was a job, thats about it.
only decent pay, but had to work some holidays and weekends, for just a tad above min wage.
Pros
work on your own
Cons
pressure to force people to gamble more
Work from home
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMarch 16, 2016
Driving from store to store doing repairs and preventative maintenance and upgrades

I learned that excel was more than just adding and subtracting numbers, it was great to do a lot of things- like making a spreadsheet to keep track of who had Capital expenditure and to have them sent back with in 30day.

It was good to see my co-workers since we all worked in different city and towns, but we did communicate every day and we learned from one anther

The hardest part of my job was the day they told me that they were doing a reduction of force and I was on the list after 14 years.

I enjoyed are district annual weekend get together.
Pros
annual get together
Cons
having to leave
I do not wish to write a review at this time
Redbox Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WaOctober 3, 2015
I liked the company and enjoyed many of the people I met in the 7 years or employment.

The company has quite a bit of good programs for the employees they just need to know where to look. It had a lot of employee recognition, once brought to management attention that we were lacking in that area.
Field Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Baldwinsville, NYMay 12, 2015
Managed a warehouse receiving and delivery of product. Customer service is very important. Hard part of the job was a long day. I was able to manage the office with little outside problems.
Pros
Free company van to use coming and going to work.
Cons
Long work days
Managment is horrible
Manager (Current Employee) –  BellevueNovember 1, 2014
Management lacks the ability to make strategic decisions. The Company promotes based on personal relationships. Anyone that questions why things are done a certain way will eventually be fired or have their job eliminated. The corporate offices have had 3 layoffs in the past 12 months. Employees that do no more than follow orders do well within the organization. The is a lot of political game play at corporate. Only join Coinstar if you really need the paycheck and you are ready to twilight your career. You will learn no new skills while in this organization. The exception being how to deal with incompetence and frustration.
Pros
free snacks and parking
Cons
too many to list
Great People, but upper management keeps changing directions
Firmware/Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 6, 2014
My days consisted of collaborating with team members, developing a Test Plan and Test Cases for the firmware controlling the Rubi Coffee Kiosk. Once the tests were developed, most of my time was spent executing the tests for each software/firmware change as well as each release cycle.

The hardest part of the job was that there were no specifications or design documentation for the firmware, so we had to run tests to find out what the firmware was doing and essentially reverse-engineer it.
continuos growth
Transportation Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 22, 2013
great company to work for, unfortunately a company re-structure didn't include me unless I would relocate
Pros
excellent pay and benifits
Cons
always changing schedule
Productive and fun place to work and leran many things.
QA Tester (Current Employee) –  bellevue WAJune 11, 2013
I have learned a new application Called "Remedy". I have great time working with clients.
Productive and Great Place to work!
Regional Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 1, 2013
Great company to work for! Plenty of room for advancement and growing!
Work, work, work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 31, 2012
The hardest part of the job is to complete all the tasks assigned in the small amount of time given
Good company , good Benefits,good people in General but remember i work from 1999 to 2004
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2012
They will let u run your area as your own business as long as their weekly numbers will be up to standard , company car and good management, like one big family. it all went down after the company went public management change install gps on vehicles and started micromanagement i got lay off due to company loosing 10k machines nation wide before all the drama but i had friends that i keep in touch.
Pros
freedom to run your area as your own make your own hrs
Cons
nothing really back when i work with them

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coinstar. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7