Colby-Sawyer College Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Warm and loving school
Assistant Teacher, Windy Hill (Current Employee) –  New London, NHApril 13, 2017
When arriving at work I am greeted by the children and start the routine of snacks, meeting and play. trying to get the kids to cooperate and understand is one of the hardest parts. The environment of work can be on edge sometimes with some disagreement of all the co workers. Being able to work with people that I can relate to and understand is one reason why I love working there as well as the warm hugs from the children.
Educational atmosphere is very rewarding working with students and faculty members.
Administrative - Faculty Support Services (Former Employee) –  New London, NH 03257April 10, 2017
Colby-Sawyer was a very rewarding and pleasant to work. The constant change in tasks due to numerous faculty members I worked with was challenging but rewarding and educational. This position taught me to multi-task and find different ways to handle the different preferences of each faculty member. It also taught me to manage my time, prioritize, and work with vendors.
Pros
Work at my pace while prioritizing
Cons
working with 40-50 members who constantly changing or requesting late/last minute jobs.
Productive, Siupportive and fun place to work
Sign Language Interpreter (Former Employee) –  New London, NHMarch 8, 2017
The Professors, Support Staff, Students and Management were amazingly supportive and accommodating. This was the perfect job place. They were also supportive of the Deaf student I worked with while at the college.
amazing education
Still periodically volunteering (Former Employee) –  New London, NHMarch 8, 2016
An amazing liberal arts college. I originally went for psychology and philosophy but found a passion for sociology and gender studies.This college experience helped me to become a more rounded person and also more interested in politics and social systems.
Mailroom - Great Job!
Ware Late Night Manager (Current Employee) –  New London, NHFebruary 3, 2016
I worked the night shift at the mail room and it was a great job. Mostly free time since not many people come after 4:00pm. My job consisted of retrieving people's packages, or renting out the equipment for the game room. Other than that, there were the rare occasions when I helped people open their mail box or answered some basic mail room questions for them.
Pros
Get paid while doing homework or watching shows
Balance
Director of Student Success & Retention (Current Employee) –  New London, NHJuly 24, 2015
Work here for the dedicated faculty and staff, work/life balance, and beautiful New England setting. Be ready for weather, hard-work, and a dedicated community of educators and learners.
Content Areas Tutor (Current Employee) –  New London, NHNovember 16, 2014
I enjoy working with students in their project. It also help me to keep review and practice what I've learn in Colby-Sawyer.
Day to Day
Lab Assistant, Ivey Science Center (Former Employee) –  New London, NHJuly 26, 2012
I would check in with my supervisor for the lab and she would have jobs that needed to be completed that were sent in by the professors for their labs that were going to be having that week. I would prep the lab with what the professor asked for be it; solutions, agar plates, broth tubes, slants, chemicals needed, materials. I would also pack up the dissected animals to be sent to the proper disposal.
College Work Study: Advanced and Targeted Career Goals
Human Resources Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New London, New HampshireJanuary 16, 2012
While working as the Human Resources Office Assistant for years at Colby-Sawyer College, I truley targeted my organizational and personnel goals in the office setting. I found I truly love working in an office, independently and in a group setting. I try to restructure and create a more efficient way of processing information for the entire office.
Pros
advanced: computer, personnel and management skills.
Cons
limited hours to work (work study).
funplace
sports official (Former Employee) –  new london nhDecember 28, 2011
I was a sports official for intermural sports and the environment to work in was fun an exciting.

Want to know more about Colby-Sawyer College?

Ask a question