Cold Stone Creamery

Cold Stone Creamery Employer Reviews

Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAJuly 19, 2014
Pros: discount on good product
Busy but fun, I learned leadership. Management was good, co workers listen to me that was important. Hardest part was making ice cream cakes, I enjoyed making all type of creations.
Productive and fun work place
Crew Member (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 15, 2014
Pros: free ice cream
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work i would come do what i have to do
I learned how to Mix ice cream perfect
very good management
co worker were sweethearts and they was so respectful and comfortable and fun to be around
the hardest part was the first day, trying to do everything so perfect because it was my first time ever mixing ice cream and dealing with customers
The – more... most enjoyable part was when we had to sing songs i loved it – less
Owner/Manager (Former Employee), Avon, IN and Greenwood, INJuly 13, 2014
Pros: happy customers, fun environment, great product
Cons: long hours at times.
In 2004 my husband and I started our first Cold Stone Creamery in Avon, IN. It was a lot of fun and hard work. I mean, what better job could you have than making ice cream and cakes all day??? I would usually go in about 9am and start making ice cream and setting up the store. This included counting drawers, inventory, making waffle cones and ice cream, – more... stocking candies, and making brownies. Also, all our cakes were made in the store.

I learned about keeping track of labor and inventory numbers, working more with the public, how to decorate cakes, how to search out cheaper prices and get better quality products, and how to do some minor accounting skills with the use of Quickbooks.

I loved my employees. The majority of the were teenagers. They looked at me as another mom. They were fun to work with and train. I had a few of them for over seven years. As they got older, they would go away to college and return in the summer for work.

Probably one of the hardest things was keeping up with product demands. During Valentines Day, Mothers Day, and Fathers Day we would sell between 150 and 200 cakes. I would go in at night time and build cakes for 8-10 hours and then have employees decorate them during the day. We would be so busy we would have people buying them before we could get the cakes to the display freezer outside. It was long and tiring but rewarding at the same time. Our store was usually one of the top three for cake sales during these holidays. – less
Fun workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee), Coral Springs, FLJuly 7, 2014
- In charge of the cashier and making the ice cream for customers.
Poor management, excellent atmosphere.
Crew Member (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 6, 2014
A typical shift for me at Cold Stone required standing for at least 8 hours, running to and fro in-between lumps of customers to tidy up and fill the Ghea (Thats what they call the thing that holds the ice cream), and dealing with non-english speakers trying to talk me into a deal. Other than that, it was a good job. The management allowed for speakers – more... to be playing music from a Pandora station, and the workers got to choose the stations, which was really awesome for me because I love music, and mindlessly making waffle bowls didn't seem so bad when I was being serenaded by Eddie Vedder. – less
fun enviornment
Server (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJuly 3, 2014
Making and serving ice cream, cakes, shakes, etc. was fairly easy and fun to do. A good environment, i wasn't much for the singing for tips part, but everyone was very nice and welcoming there.
Meh
Team Member (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJune 22, 2014
Pros: free ice cream
Cons: everything else
This is a great first job for people. If you have work experience and want respect, do not take this job. The pay is next to nothing, and the work is very physically demanding. I would say it is a typical fast food job. You are forced to sing if people tip you, and you can't wear gloves when cooking extremely hot waffles. Only stayed at this job for – more... a month. – less
Upbeat Atmosphere
Ice Cream Server (Former Employee), Holland, MIJune 21, 2014
Pros: they work with your schedule
Cons: not enough pay.
I enjoyed interacting with my customers and my boss was awesome.
Host (Current Employee), Roseville, MIJune 16, 2014
Pros: tips, 50% discount
Cons: no breaks, busy summer
It's fun to work there but people often don't take work seriously so that leaves more work fir people who do.
Entertaining environment
Shift Leader (Former Employee), The WoodlandsJune 11, 2014
The job was exciting and never boring. And all of the employees were fun to work with.
I worked from the bottom to becoming a manager.
Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJune 10, 2014
Pros: free icream
Cons: the pay was not enough for the hours i worked
When i came in I did not know much but I always worked confident. I disliked when people say I cannot and i makes me work harder. I was a key part of the staff working the most hours and handling the money.
Amazing Place To Work For
Manager (Former Employee), Highland, CAJune 7, 2014
I loved my job here and did what I did. I also loved the ownership that the store had. My best job ever!
Easy sometimes and good tips
Crew Member (Former Employee), Tracy CaMay 24, 2014
Pros: tips free ice cream
Cons: dishes, management
can get really good tips like around 10 dollars on tips and thats pretty good. Management takes advantage of the lower class nuff said
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Modesto, CAMay 15, 2014
Pros: making ice cream
Cons: late nights
I was an employee here during my time in high school. The money was sufficient for a high school student. Management was great, co-workers were also great.
Great summer job
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Jupiter, FLMay 12, 2014
Same as the previous review. This was an excellent company to work for in the short term between semesters. But it was not a career.
fun place to work
Costumer service/Food preparer/Dish washer/Cashier (Former Employee), Downey, CAMay 11, 2014
Pros: tips, cold enviornment during summer
Cons: no real hours
Right when you show up you have to be ready to serve customers. If no customers, you wash dish's and re-stock the topping, make waffle cones or bowls, clean and wait to serve customers.
Not much room for growth
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Rochester, MNMay 11, 2014
Pros: get to try the ice creams, fun people, tips are okay
Cons: low pay, no full time, no benefits.
I worked there for 5 years while I was going to school. It was kind of fun at first but things went downhill. I lost a lot of my hours when another coworker got kicked out of school and they wanted him to run the store. It might have just been the management in my area. Not sure what other stores are like.
Good place to work when you are young
Cashier (Former Employee), Mission, KSApril 30, 2014
This job is more for teenagers, good after school job. Not for the shy, job requires singing when you are tipped, and takes a lot of strength in the hands to mix ice-cream creations.
Okay
Crew Member / Shift Leader (Former Employee), Springfield, PAApril 30, 2014
Great for a first job. Helps you see how a store can and should be ran.
Fast Paced and exciting
Crew Member (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 29, 2014
Informed customers of all promotions as advertised and handled cas transactions.

1 2 3 4 5