Coldwater Creek

Coldwater Creek Employer Reviews

great place to work great employees
Pack Lead, Packer, Trainer (Former Employee), Mineral Wells, WVMarch 3, 2015
Pros: you earned extra money per hour for everything you did above 80% up to 150%
Cons: they are no longer in business
Coldwater Creek was a great place to work. Most of the employees had been there since it opened its doors. We learned a variety of skills through out the warehouse. Cross training was an option that was made available to all employees. The more you learned the more valuable you were as a worker. We became like family so we enjoyed coming to work. The benefits were excellent.
Great environment, wonderful coworkers, educational
Assistant Sales Lead (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAFebruary 25, 2015
A typical day at Coldwater Creek was fun and comfortable. Walking into the store, all the coworkers would say hello with a big smile, and the customers were just as nice. It is a very welcoming place to work. I would learn something new everyday whether it be shortcuts on the register, or a quicker way to hang and fold clothes. As nice as most customers are you will always get those one or two that will test you, it can be hard to keep your cool at work but that's just another learning experience. Having said that, those customers that are sweet as can be or make you feel like family, makes it all worth it.
Was a great place to work and build relationships with customers.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Burr Ridge, ILFebruary 19, 2015
It was a great company to learn and grow in a retail career. The partnership that you were able to build with your team and customers made it feel the a family and when you reached out for special events, it always came together as a family gathering.
The company has closed down
Stock (Former Employee), Fresno, CAFebruary 13, 2015
The company has closed down so it really doesn't matter what I put about them here. So yeah, there's that. But otherwise it was ok. The schedule seemed kind of random, I was only there when shipments came in to organize and stock the new inventory. I also sometimes cleaned the bathrooms and would occasionally have an all night shift to rearrange the storefront.
A good place to work with co-workers being like family.
Sort Room/Collate Delivery (Former Employee), Mineral Wells, WVFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: had good benefits.
Coldwater Creek was a good place to work. We had good pay and benefits. We all were like a family and worked well together.
Retail clothing store for women
Sales Lead Manager (Former Employee), Blacksburg, VAFebruary 5, 2015
Sales lead manager - provided customer service, supervision, zone coverage, and management duties. Hourly rate was great, hours worked weren't great but that goes with retail. Store is no longer open.
Great company to work, learn and grow.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Sicklerville, NJJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: out of business
Coldwater Creek was a great place to work. We were encouraged to think for ourselves while staying within the guidelines set forth by the company. Our contributions were appreciated. It was a place where we cared for our company and each other.
Coldwater Creek
Sales Lead (Former Employee), Jeffersonville, OHJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: staff was awesome
Cons: not really my style of clothes
Processed shipments
visuals throughout store
help manage staff when the MOD
customer serviced when on floor
I'd do it again.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Asheville, NCJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: working with people
Cons: corporate dealing. pay was terrible. in six years we had one 25 cent raise.
First of all, I thoroughly enjoyed working at CWC. Typically I would find out when I arrived at work what my job would be for the day. whether I would be working on the sales floor, handling incoming stock, assisting customers in the dressing room or replenishing items on the floor from the stock room.

I learned about retail marketing and the visual aspects of setting up the sales floor. Learning to gage customers and how they reacted to sales help. Some women want to shop by themselves and some want all the help you will give them. We were pushed to "expand the sale" and I was a little uncomfortable with that. I learned to pretty well judge when a customer "had spent enough". I also learned that honesty with the customer is the best policy. She would be walking out of our store as a CWC image. I wanted that image to be a good one for her and for the company.

Management at CWC was, for the most part, very good. Our store manager and our assistant manager who was also our Visual manager, worked well together as a team and guided our team of sales associates toward the same goals. Our second manager was one of the worst I've ever worked for. She was replaced by the original team. Corporate management, though was not very well in sync. Our store meetings, mandated by Corporate, were often very confusing and I thought they lost track of their customers wants and needs. As most know, it got worse.

My co-workers were from all walks of life and I enjoyed getting to know them. But there were some women who simply didn't fit the needs of a large, high end retail store. We started – more... as a team of thirty six ladies and by the time the store closed in 2014 we were down to a dozen. There were only two of us who had been there from the time the store opened. I made some lasting friendships.

The hardest part of the job? There really wasn't one except perhaps picking up after women in the midst of a sale. LORD!

The most enjoyable part was the women I worked with. We saw each other through life crises and joys and it was a pretty happy family . We shared the work load. I also enjoyed working with the clothing. Most of the time it was colorful and stylish. I ought to know. I have a closet full. – less
Best working environment
2nd Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Normal, ILJanuary 16, 2015
I miss this company! started as a sales associate and ended as a manager. My coworkers are some of my best friends
Day at work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Parkersburg, WVJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: management
The Customer Service primary responsibility is to answer contacts from customers via phone or retail support, efficient resolution of disputes, complaints and discrepancies. Resolves returns in a timely manner. Customer Service is responsible for providing excellent customer service to customers while being held to a high service level expectation.
Enters and maintains customer information in Sales systems.
Enjoyed staying busy and on the move. Loved my early shift. Made many friends.
Picker (Former Employee), Mineral Wells, WVJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: cafeteria, early start time for mygot shift.
Cons: raises were taken away, bonuses taken away, insurance got worse worse every year.
Overall my experience at Coldwater was a great one. I loved the people I worked with and the shift I worked. Things went downhill as far as the company closing which changed the attitude of many.
fun place to work
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Coeur d'Alene, IDDecember 26, 2014
Pros: potlucks and special gifts on holidays
Cons: too much pressure on employees
wonderful company to work for and coworkers were great. Learned customers are friendly and great to work with. Management was good at first then went bankrupt. Enjoyed my work. Company gave us too much pressure to help the customers.
My review
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Mineral Wells, WVDecember 16, 2014
Pros: we were given 15 minute breaks every 2 hours, 30 min lunch, they provided good health care insurance.
Cons: we worked 10 hour days a lot .
I liked my job and my co-workers made it fun to go to work . I was always learning something new which made it very enjoyable even tho we never knew which department we were sent for the day as we worked for our customers and that was very important to me ..I liked all the departments and did my best to do my job in an accurate and timely manner in each one.
Enjoyable workplace
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 14, 2014
This was like any other retail job. I worked in several locations around the state of Georgia, and enjoyed my time there. Job advancement was difficult, even for a hard worker. Unfortunately, they just went out of business this year.
They were a good place to work.. We all felt like family.
Sort Room/Collate Delivery (Former Employee), Parkersburg, WVDecember 10, 2014
My work day started at 4 am I would get the collates for the packers sorted and delivered to the packers. After that was done my next job was to get the collates together for the gift cards. I would then get the cards, scan the amount to each, write the gift message if there was one. Then I would pack the cards and send them to shipping. The management team was always available and willing to help if you had a issue. My co-workers were like family. We always was there to help each other with whatever was needed. The hardest part of the job was the Christmas schedule when we were working seven ten hour days. The most enjoyable part of my job was my co-workers.
Loved what I done and the people i worked with.
PICK LEAD / PICKER (Former Employee), Minerl Wells WVDecember 7, 2014
Pros: had some awesome cookouts and holiday dinners, i also won the chili cookoff which was pretty neat.
Cons: we needed better management in some departments.
My daily work day consist of getting the orders picked and put on the line in a timely matter so we could get them to the packing department and if our area was slow that day we would help out in other departments. We worked as a team to get the job done and it was a great feeling when we would have huge orders and could get them done in a time frame that was given to us.
the hardest part of the job is when the system would break down or the belts would give us trouble and that would throw us behind.
I also helped in the café preparing food for the employees which I enjoyed also.
Serene environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Marlton, NJNovember 30, 2014
Pros: great discount, great working environment
Cons: short breaks
Working at Coldwater Creek was a unique experience compared to to other retail stores I have worked for. My coworkers generally consisted of retired school teachers and unlike my other retail experiences, my coldwater creek family cared deeply for my school success. They worked very well around my school schedule and encouraged me to be the best that I can be at work and school. Before working in Coldwater creek, I was very shy and a introverted person. My managers pushed me to open up and embrace a new skill in engaging with people and now I can proudly say that I have become a people person. The hardest part of my job became my favorite as I finally achieved my first secret shopper award in 2007. From then on, I consistently met my sales quotas and became an asset to Coldwater Creek.
ok
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 11, 2014
Pros: ok
Store closed. Part time work was ok few hours. Retail clothing store for older women
Retail job with its ups and downs
Store Manager/ Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Meridian, IDNovember 6, 2014
Pros: friendships with regular customers and staff.good healthcare and good monies
Cons: too many changes in headquarters especially toward the end before the company closed..
Worked there for 12 years with an exceptional staff of people. Networking attracting , recruiting and retaining were just the start to achieve the goals of the business. Continued with coach motivating and developing the staff and self.

1 2 3 4 5

About Coldwater Creek

Women quench their thirst for classic, casual clothing and accessories from Coldwater Creek's stores, catalog, and Web site. The – Read more

Coldwater Creek Photos