Coldwater Creek Employee Reviews

Productive work place with wonderful staff and management!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 5, 2016
A typical day at work would be following out merchandising plans, working through daily shipments, folding clothes, lots of customer service, and working together as a team to make the store run smoothly in a fast paced environment. The management team at Coldwater Creek was excellent and the most pleasant i've ever experienced. The co-workers I worked along side of were wonderful and always did what they were instructed. I think the hardest part of the job was the liquidation process. It was very hard to watch the store dwindle down to nothing and receive instruction from the liquidation company in the end. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the benefits and the wonderful staff.
Pros
great staff, great pay
Cons
liquidation
Company had integrity that is hard to find elsewhere
Store Manager/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 22, 2016
Worked 11 years with this company and only wish it was still here, they went bankrupt in 2014.Customer service was number one and pay and benefits was great. DMs were on board and very available.I was present to sent 1st store open in Texas in 2003 and there to close last store in Austin in 2014.Very sad day!
Pros
a company that really took care of employees and customers
Cons
absolutly none
I injoyed meeting life long friends.
Senior Photographer (Former Employee) –  Sandpoint, IDJuly 11, 2016
Arrive at the studio at 8:00 to make sure all set's are up and running for the stylists to start.
Grab a quick breakfast and coffee
Start to look at lighting working from my past experiences and learning new ways to fine-tune the process to best represent the product.
We would typically get around nine shots finished per day.
enjoyed working with my co-workers during both work hours and off work hours.
Probably the hardest part of the job was to having to wait for product from the merch dept. to meet our deadlines.
I would have to say that the most enjoyable part of my job was problem solving and making the product look better than it did in real life.
Pros
heathcare plans, on campus gym and spa.
Love working with the product and the clients; also the staff
ASSISTANT SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COJune 20, 2016
A typical day was usually rewarding
I learned so much about the product and how to display and put together apparel to meet most clients needs
The management as a whole was great
The hardest part was my time at the Broomfield CO Store the managers were micromanagers and I found it hard to service the customer and keep them happy
I enjoyed the product, the customers and working with most of the sales staff but the greatest rewards were in meeting the customers' needs and going beyond. When they walked out feeling great about themselves, the work was well worth the effort.
Pros
Just about everything
Cons
Micromanagement term
I was responsible for the overall appearance of the Eden Prairie store, following strict standards for merchandise placement and appearance.
Visual Lead (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJune 27, 2016
I loved the creative aspect of working for Coldwater Creek as a visual lead. I maintained the entire appearance of the store, from the windows, walls, and the merchandise on the floor. I designed and organized merchandise placement every 6 weeks and was responsible for the supervision of sales people and backroom stocking staff.
Pros
Fast pace, hard work, being with many different types of people, I was allowed a great deal of creative freedom which I loved.
it was great experience
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MISeptember 30, 2015
great training in visuals. my co-worker were the best.
very rewarding working with elderly customers.
I learned to do scheduling and reviews.
Pros
geat merchandise
Cons
no raises
Fun place to work because I love people in sales and clothes.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJanuary 8, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Coldwater Creek very much. The store atmosphere and the people I worked with were wonderful. I learned many things when I advanced into management. The most important aspects were that of learning how to analyze the sales metrics and the importance of setting goals based on that knowledge. The hardest part of the job was inconsistency between corporate management and store management. There often was a lack of seamless communication between decisions made at the corporate levels and what was happening in the stores. I deeply enjoyed managing a team and motivating them toward daily sales goals. I loved sales competitions and could often motivate my team and myself toward winning.
Pros
Flexibility in schedules.
Cons
Working weekends and holidays.
Great company to work for but they went bankrupt.
Store Manager/Retail (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 15, 2016
This was a great company to work for but they went bankrupt. I wished that they offered more overtime but it is understandable why they didn't. The company still exists online but there are no more retail stores.
Nice place to work.
Work Measurement Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mineral Wells, WVAugust 23, 2016
I worked in the call center assisting customers with placing orders, describing items or returning orders. I received payments via phone orders and sometimes processed refunds.
Visual/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 25, 2016
Frist thing was to open store, then get my visual up dates for the day. Up date the team on wont was going on for today.as will a the management team also. Love the job and my team, hardest part was trying to fit the virtual store set up in my little store, The job was challenging.
Pros
Traveling, payed for room, car, food
Cons
N/A
Fun and supportive environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CAMarch 10, 2013
Typical with Fashion Retail there is too much to do and too few associates to help. What makes this Job a pleasure is the people. The customer service focus and the profile customer is what makes me want to come to work every day. The company speaks too and delivers on opportunities for development. Internal promotions and mobility are common and usually with positive results. The work hard to keep their associates happy, but they ask a lot. I appreciate the values and the support. The facilities I have experienced have been maintained and were above average for retail.
Pros
the people locations and the benefits
Cons
challenging schedules and rapidly shifting objectives. nothing new considering this is retail.
Great Staff and Benefits
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHApril 30, 2014
Wonderful family environment with the team. Staff has incredible talent for customer service and always strives for the best way to delight the customer. I love coming to work and being surrounded by the positive environment, beautiful clothes and having the freedom to showcase the brand in a fashion forward way so I can better connect with my customers and inspire them. I have learned many ways to lead different types of people and conflict management. At times the hardest part of work can be the excessive amount of floor sets which involves changing too much too often which would result in negative feedback from the customers.
Pros
the creative freedom with outfitting, the staff, benefits
Cons
at times, company seems confused as to which direction it wants to go, bankrupcy
excellent employee standards
Personal sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILApril 25, 2016
I was sorry to see the company close its stores. The morals and values upheld through out put this company at the top of the retail chains. There was room for advancement through the company.
great place to work great employees
Pack Lead, Packer, Trainer (Former Employee) –  Mineral Wells, WVMarch 3, 2015
Coldwater Creek was a great place to work. Most of the employees had been there since it opened its doors. We learned a variety of skills through out the warehouse. Cross training was an option that was made available to all employees. The more you learned the more valuable you were as a worker. We became like family so we enjoyed coming to work. The benefits were excellent.
Pros
you earned extra money per hour for everything you did above 80% up to 150%
Cons
they are no longer in business
A Corporate Structure
Licensed/Registered Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COOctober 7, 2014
Average day was setting up your room and pitching in to prepare the rest of the spa for clients.
Learned how to manage time and perfect a quality massage that was beyond expectations of a client.
Co-workers were helpful to some degree, but not all the time.
Most difficult part of the job was watching the company go down hill towards the end.
The most enjoyable part of my job was getting people to relax and educate them as to how they can better take care of their body.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
difficult management, always changing
a very fun,positive experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Glendale, WIFebruary 16, 2013
A typical day at work would be me customer care,and being able to tell all of the benefits of becoming a coldwater creek rewards card holder. I've learned that you have to make the customers feel at home, and asking simple questions such as is there a event you will be attending?,What colors do you have the most in your closet?, And how would you like your clothing to fit? My coworkers were always excited to see me and and very happy. The hard part about working at coldwater creek would be drive to want to complete your tasking and floorsets on time. The most enjoyable part of my job would be getting to know the customers and hearing about the things they like, and also Floorsets.
Pros
discount at mall
Cons
wasnt able to receive health care benefits
Great place to work.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 13, 2016
Enjoyed working with the public in choosing apparel for themselves or as a gift for someone. The management was great to work for, they tried to make the experience enjoyable each day.
Disconnect where management was concerned, revolving door of employees,
SENIOR DESIGNER, WEB CREATIVE (Former Employee) –  Sandpoint, IDJune 5, 2014
The policy at CWC when I was there was to bring people in at a fairly high salary rate and then demote them. During the 10 months I was working in the fairly large eCommerce department, the was NO creative director. When one was finally hired, his background was totally unsuitable for the position he was hired for and within a year, he was demoted to graphic designer. They did things like this on a fairly regular basis.

Morale was fairly low.
Pros
excellent salary and benefits.
Cons
very poor management techniques.
Fast Paced Retail Relevant Brand
Senior Design Manager (Former Employee) –  Sandpoint, IDApril 28, 2015
The work envirornment was amazing.

The co-workers made everyday at work a pleasure.

I would say that there was never a typical day, we were always challenged daily.

I enjoyed every part of my day working with several different departments.
Pros
On-Site Cafe, Employee Fitness Center, Shipping Department
Cons
Health Care and Benefits
Store level teams are fun and the people are great to work with... upper level management seems out of touch and rarely checks in on store, disorganiz
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  PennsylavaniaNovember 15, 2013
The store staff members are great for the most part. Day to day work days are pretty much like any retail job, customer service, scheduling, employee relations, ect... Customer base is middle age and older women. Corporate is disorganized and hard to work with. They are constantly changing their minds and hard to follow with instructions. The DM's are very rarely in the store and provide little instructions. Benefits package is average, PTO is exceptional.
Pros
good store staff, fun working enviroment
Cons
unorganized corporate and district manangers, make store level staffs' jobs harder.