Coldwater Creek Employee Reviews

Fun and Energenic environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 1, 2017
Cold water Creek was an amazing place to work. The guests on a daily basis were inviting and open to my styling suggestions. My team worked together as a team and together we succeeded as a store. However although our location was successful the company however was not and had to file bankruptcy and later close all doors of the company.
Pros
Great work environment, promot from within
Cons
associates who don't correctly do their job
Coldwater
Visual Manager (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 25, 2017
I was not happy working for this company at all. They had unrealistic expectations and they did not seem to care at all about their employees,. I would not go back to Coldwater Creek .
Fun, fast pace environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moosic, PAMay 31, 2017
CWC taught "legendary customer service". I would receive shipment, process it, organize the merchandise in the stock room and set it to the floor. I participated in group learning excercises. I worked along side management. We did in store inventory.
CWC was a high end women's retail store. Our cliental was mostly busy business women and teachers. Our goal was to help them feel good and look good. Hands on fitting rooms. Associates ran for sizes, and colors so the customer didn't have to.
At the end of every day we recovered the store to look perfect for the next day.
Holiday shipment was the hardest part of the job.
I enjoyed the entire process.
Pros
awesome coworkers
Cons
Store went bankrupt.
Great place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 23, 2017
I enjoyed the day to work with the staff. Coldwater Creek was a nice place to work. I liked meeting new people every day.There were no hard parts to my job.
Pros
I got to dress professional work day.
Cons
Early morning floor sets.
Retail stores are closed now
Part Time Seasonal Sales/Stock Room Associate (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNMay 15, 2017
This company did not pay their stock people very well.
They have closed their retail stores. I was not created for this job. I am not into clothes that much.
Pros
Beautiful Clothes
Cons
Unrealistic Expectations
enjoyed working with customers
Sales (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAMay 15, 2017
The job included sales and merchandising. I learned how to sell to our customers and put outfits together for them. Management was very demanding. Workplace culture was friendly.
Pros
Free breakfast meetings
Cons
Anxiety over sales
Not so great
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Algonquin, ILApril 29, 2017
This store was very much a 'fit in or get out' type atmosphere. I really liked their benefits, so I stayed until I found a perfect job, then I happily left.
Fabulous clothes, local management was appalling.
Sales Associate, Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZ 86303April 27, 2017
The clothes were wonderful. They virtually sold themselves. The customer service was legendary but local management was appalling. It is a shame they went out of business because their product line was fabulous!
Pros
Fantastic product, very easy to sell.
Cons
Unethical and punitive local management.
company is out of business
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sandpoint, IDApril 25, 2017
The company was a good place to work and grew from catalog-only to add Internet and retail channels. I was the only person doing my job so I did put in some long hours.
Fun place to work in the beginning
Assistant Manager/Visual Manager (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTApril 19, 2017
The company was fun to work for until it hit financial hard times. Returns were accepted any time, even years after purchase and customers took advantage of it
Loved the clothing and home products
Assistant visual coordinator and sales associate (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMarch 23, 2017
Assisted customers purchasing clothes and enjoyed setting up the store with new products, clothes/home products. Really enjoyed setting up the store with home products and new seasonal clothing line. Management was excellent to work for at the store.
Pros
Received a remarkable discount.
Cons
Not enough hours.
Company closed
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 13, 2017
Had too much merchandise to move monthly around the store. Not much support from upper management in getting things taken care of. They were very slow to react to everthing
Was a great seasonal job!
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNMarch 5, 2017
Great management and team, great products, great customers! Hired on for the holiday shoppers and asked to continue working there. Personal life intervened and we moved to FL.
Pros
Management was mindful of employees needs
company closed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIFebruary 22, 2017
a pleasant work environment right up until the company went backrupt and starting closing all the brick and mortar stores. The closing was not a pleasant experience.
Pros
flexible
Cons
bankrupt
great place with great employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCFebruary 21, 2017
I loved being a part of the opening of a brand new store and of course loved the product! Most work days were spent helping customers,taking phone orders or doing transfers. Once a month or so, did markdowns and we all assisted in providing fashion shows in the community. Store manager and assistant were awesome!
Pros
very united spirit among employees and management
Nice retail store for ladies.
Retail Sales/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAFebruary 14, 2017
On a typical day at the Coldwater Creek, I would come in and work in the stock room. I unpacked merchandise that shipped in and placed them on hangers, and then placed them in the steamer to be steamed. Then I took out the steamed clothing into the store and hung the clothing. I helped customers if they needed assistance. The store was a nice environment. The management was great. The workplace culture was semi busy. The hardest part about the job was it was part time and I wanted full time hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was I worked with peers my age.
great company for learning customer service
Sales Floor Leader (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJanuary 31, 2017
Coldwater Creek was a busy and demanding place to work.
The company stressed service and was one of the first to have online ordering in the store.
Benefits were excellent and starting pay was great.
Store manager was given a lot of authority for day to day decisions and was accountable to corporate for meeting goals and sales.
Pros
great pay great benefits
Cons
management given alot of authority at store level
Coldwater Creek
Assistant Manager FT (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJanuary 29, 2017
Wonderful management team. Great pay and wonderful employees. I loved the opportunity to be creative with merchandising products. I was sad the company closed permanently, causing many to lose their jobs.
Positive work experience with the focus on team performance, suggested selling and acquiring and maintaining a customer base in a friendly atmosphere.
Sales Associate. A sales position requiring (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTJanuary 24, 2017
Very team oriented sales environment with friendly, hardworking co-workers and great customers. Proud of our merchandise quality and ability to suggestive sell great outfits to appreciative customers. The company culture was very supportive of its workers (fair pay, breaks, and positive feedback). It was a pleasure to work there.
I liked working for Cold Water Creek
Pack Support (Former Employee) –  Mineral Wells, WV 26150January 21, 2017
I worked full time in pack support which was making sure Packers had there supplies to do there job. I liked everyone I worked with and was sad to see it close.