Coldwell Banker Employee Reviews

Found 1,453 reviews matching the search
Great company for go-getters!
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 21, 2017
Typically set my own schedule and management has a hands-off approach. The best part of the job is meeting with new customers on a regular basis and helping them find their dream homes!
Productive work environment
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILApril 21, 2017
A professional work environment was a priority for Coldwell Banker . As an Office Administrator, my typical day started with making sure the office was organized. This included checking TV's to make sure everything was still relevant, making sure the coffee machine was turned on and ready as well as the copy machines. Next, I would respond to any new emails. After that, I would assist with any current projects or presentations. Finally, I would regularly update the MLS system while simultaneously greeting directing clients to the appropriate location.
No growth opportunity
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 21, 2017
Employees are often fulfilling responsibilities for multiple positions and receiving compensation for one.

Leadership is disengaged at the regional and corporate level, leaving employees feeling "stuck" and at a "dead end" because there is no mentorship or clear opportunities to advance.

There is an "us versus them" mentality between office staff and regional leadership, and office staff and internal clients (real estate agents).
professional place
Real Estate Broker (Former Employee) –  Kitty Hawk, NCApril 21, 2017
• Assisted clients with purchase and sale of properties, performed marketing and industry networking, conducted property tours and open house events and provided client focused negotiations and purchase/ sale advisement.
• Earned client satisfaction and loyalty by building rapport, problem solving, active listening and assimilating and resolving client issues and requests.
Educational informative way to better understand the process of seling and buying real estate
REALTOR (Former Employee) –  Schofield, WIApril 20, 2017
This was a very good company to work with. I was self employed that gave me great flexibility in work hours and schedule. I learned the positive and negative aspects of the real estate business. Being self employed was very rewarding and the pay
Pros
Flexiblity, self employed, great income potential
Cons
Can be very difficult to make a great income
not employee friendly
Property Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAApril 20, 2017
not employee friendly, managers unskilled in problem solving, very unprofessional/hostile atmosphere. procedures change frequently for no apparent reason, then change back again on a whim
Work for yourself
Realtor (Current Employee) –  Murrieta, CAApril 20, 2017
independent contractor you work for yourself, so you set your own hours work when you want. there is not a guarantied pay day, sometimes clients are not realistic.
Pros
set your own hours
Cons
no benefits, and there is not a consent pay check
Great Company
BRANCH MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 19, 2017
I have worked for the company for 1 year and half. I have found the company to be very professional. This comes from the top. The leadership is outstanding.
No beneifits
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MNApril 18, 2017
Enjoyed working with the agents, helped write up advertising for listings, answered calls and questions. Was able to view properties once they came on the market. No benefits were offered and the pay was low.
Pros
Clean friendly enviroment
Cons
No beneifits
Paid the bills.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers Beach, FLApril 18, 2017
I was so excited to get this job after changing careers. I felt I came in with a positive attitude and was eager to learn. I put in overtime that went unnoticed. Then I realized how much of a mess the department was. The department manager only cared about herself and her furnishing her two homes that she never had time to care about her employers.
Great training and support
REALTOR (Current Employee) –  Clarkston, MI 48346April 18, 2017
No day is typical - every day is a new set of challenges in the ever changing world of real estate - the lending restrictions, the availability of inventory and the willingness of buyers and sellers.
Pros
can work as much/little as you want
Cons
customers drive your work schedule - not you - NIGHTS and WEEKENDS
Productive workplace
Realtor (Current Employee) –  Wilton, CTApril 18, 2017
My job is very enjoyable. I work with people and help them find their dream homes. My work hours and schedule are based on my clients time. I enjoy showing homes and negotiating for my clients. I have been a realtor for 10 years and although it's a lot of work, I enjoy it immensely.
Pros
Great meetings where we learn different tips about real estate
Cons
No healthcare. Fees
Productive and fun
Realtor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 13, 2017
The brokers are all very helpful. Making your own hours is a big plus with coming to this company! All the other realtors are very welcoming and ready to help if you ever need it!
Ultimate location
Broker-Associate (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 12, 2017
Coldwell Banker has a culture that very much appeals to the masses! Exceptional working environment. Terrific management and secretarial staff were key elements to everyone success.
Not very team oriented
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXApril 11, 2017
I sometimes felt as if there were no other people in the office. I did not feel like the team was very willing to get to know other "new" employees even if they didn't work directly with them.
Very competive environment
Real Estate Agent (Current Employee) –  Caldwell, NJApril 10, 2017
Becoming a successful real estate agent requires many skills. The most important being able to close a transaction. The transaction is multi faceted and takes time. All transactions require a getting to know you period where you learn what is driving the client. If the client is a buyer you need to learn what style home they like, what they can afford, and what other factors are motivating their purchase. If you are representing a seller it is important to understand the emotions in selling a home they may have lived their whole life in, stressful monetary situations, or a move-up. It is a definite challenge to balance understanding situations and moving a transaction along in order to finalize the sale. I have learned that taking the time to understand the motivation for either the sale/buy helps me direct the client and get the transaction finalized quickest.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Commission
Very nice people to work with but the office in general has no motivation.
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, CAApril 10, 2017
Very nice people to work with but the office in general has no motivation. Office has way to much down time. Never gave me enough work to do so I was always bored. Manager is nice but never had my back. Felt I had no support.There was no offer of advancement or extra training. Owner of company is greedy and has no concern for anyone but his own family he hires to work for him.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No support
Good place to start
Realtor, Massachusetts (Current Employee) –  Longmeadow, MAApril 8, 2017
Great company to start with as they offer many sales training programs. Typical day at work involves cold calling and showing houses and keeping up with day to day information on the market and inventory. workplace culture is great.
Great group of real estate professionals and management
Advertising and Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 7, 2017
Largest real estate company in the Greater Lansing area. What I enjoy most about my job is the creativity in my position as being the marketing coordinator, the flexibility and assisting the realtors with their needs to make them more successful
Supportive always informative
Real Estate Agent/Sales/Contracts (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 6, 2017
Very supportive of employees and clients. Helpful in the community and willing to work and give back. Great training programs available for realtors and brokers to strengthen the always changing business. Wonderful management fully prepared to help in any way needed.
Pros
Always growing with you
Cons
Parking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coldwell Banker. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3