Cole Haan Employee Reviews in United States

Fun, laid back enviroment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCApril 15, 2016
I may not be able to speak for all Cole Haans but the one I work for is awesome. The people are great and so are the customers. I am honored to work for such a great management staff. Very considerate of your time and the days that you need off.
Only down fall is the higher ups which include the DM. Very un realistic and very un relatable on a personal level. Wish they were actually there when needed
Pros
Fun enviroment
Cons
the district manager
great work evironment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsApril 21, 2016
Fun place to work for. The managers were really nice and professional and were never mean. They always helped me you out and answered your questions. When times got bad they started not scheduling people and it wasnt fair. Loved this place and still would work here if they gave more hours. And also free shoes every season and a 30% discount.
Pros
free shoes
Cons
not enough hours
Fun, family oriented environment
Visual Merchandising Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 24, 2016
I loved working for Cole Haan. The believe in the advancement of their employees, and the pay was great. I moved within the company based on what I was interested in. First as a cashier, then part time sales associate, then a visual associate. I enjoyed each role that I had within the company. I got to travel to different locations and aid the corporate team.
Pros
Free lunches, discounts
Cons
very fast paced
Great Expirience
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 18, 2016
Cole Haan not only has great values but its a company you can grow within. Management always depends on your store in my experience management is great in store as well as district wise. Hardest part of the job is simply retail. If you don't enjoy retail you wont enjoy the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is your environment and the values that Cole Haan molds you to become a great successful person.
Pros
Great pay, amazing company, great benefits, paid holidays, pto, vacation time.
Cons
Hours, hardly weekends off.
Good pay, unprofessional upper management
Store Management (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 24, 2016
upper management has inappropriate friendships with management and often covered each other's behavior. if you approach HR, management will find every excuse to get rid of you. if i had a choice to work under another DM, i would've. It's too bad, the actual company is good...
Pros
good pay, good hours
Cons
culture is catty under NY's DM.
great experience
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 31, 2016
working or cole han really taught me a lot about customer service, building a clientele and sales. It also taught me leadership skills, team building skills, and how to service very high end clients. Also this company offered PTO for its sales associates, and a 401k in Nike stock.
Pros
great learning experience, great commission and
Cons
the store eventually closed down
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILMay 4, 2016
Working at Cole Haan was a ton of fun. Everyday it was something different, kept me on my toes. What I enjoyed mostly was knowing that I helped individuals feel confident in the purchases, knowing the quality of the product made it such a breeze to promote the business.
My detail of Retail
Product Consultant (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 19, 2015
On a typical day at Cole Haan. Enter into the building with the mindset that no matter how much traffic there is I am going to reach my goal. I look at the numbers from the previous day, inquire about any new products or sales that we are running and then begin to engage customers as they enter. Managers usually run a tight ship and have high expectation being that Nordstroms is adjacent to us. The co-workers are very helpful and team oriented. The hardest part of the Job is sometimes to endure the slow times and the hours that are cut because the customer traffic is slow. But the most enjoyable part of my work experience is engaging with the customers,promoting and retailing a brand that attracts an extremely diverse community.
started out great, ended in disaster
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAJanuary 10, 2016
I worked at Cole Haan right out of high school practically. I started under a great manager and staff in 2012 in Cabazon, but within the 3 years I worked there things turned bad.

I ended up quitting in 2015 because the company changed. My new mangers and staff were more focused on numbers and didn't seem to care about the Associate staff. We were worked hard while the managers sat in the stock room talking. When we needed them they were not willing to help much, and if they did they did it in a rushed way. When I tried going for a key holder position I was looked over and it was given to someone who wasn't there as long. It seemed that the changes that came to Cole Haan made it to where the employees that had been there for years were pushed out.

The merch became hard to sell, and people were not impressed anymore.
Cons
short breaks, lazy managers, inconsideration
Corporate company but with in each store it's more of family culture.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 26, 2016
I enjoyed working for CH as I have been with them for more 7 years.
I had the opportunity to be part of the Nike family which created great opportunities for growth.
Pros
Great for advancement
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 26, 2016
if you work hard and dedicated to your clients you'll always be successful. It was a commission environment which motivated you to sale as best as you could. By asking the right questions and being honest with clients you'll most of the time not have to worry about unhappy clients.
Bad store manager
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CAFebruary 24, 2016
Easy work. Light hours. High expectations with no confirmation of a job well done. Hostile work environment. Terrible store manager and management team.
Pros
Easiest Job
Cons
Bad management, drama, hostile work environment, no hours
Cole Haan: The love of my life
SALESMAN (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCMay 25, 2016
Everyday at Cole Haan was a good day. My co-workers and I loved each other, and I feel like this is what a good team is all about. We weren't in competition with each other, and we loved to see one another excel. Whenever something was needed, I could count on my co-workers to help me and not complain about it.
The environment is easy going and customers are our first priority. We build one another up, and we make sure that everyone is feeling loved.
The hardest part of the job would have to be the hard, picky customers. However, those were the ones that spend the most money, so we would cater to their needs and they would leave satisfied at the end of the day.
My manager is amazing. He's down to earth and he finds the good in everybody which I feel is a good quality to have. All of the assistant managers are amazing too. They each bring something to the table and make up for what one manager may be slacking in. They are amazing.
At the end of the day. I looked forward to going to work. We are like family at Cole Haan and that's how it should be.
Cons
Enjoyable workplace for a company who cares about their employees
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, GADecember 26, 2015
This company cares about their employees. They want us to move up in the company and stay with the company as long as possible. Throughout my time there I have learned a lot about management and working/ managing a team. We care for our customers and they always come first. As a part of the management, I spent time interviewing potential employees for sales associate positions. I worked partly as talent manager. My main DOR was operations. I mostly worked on the every day paperwork as well as the stock room. The hardest part of my job was probably maintaining the sales associates and working with everyone's schedules so that we could be beneficial as a store on a day to day basis. The most enjoyable part about my job was becoming so close to my coworkers and being excited to go to work every day and see familiar faces. I loved getting to know the clients that shopped there regularly.
Busy, fast-paced warehouse environment
Warehouse Laborer (Former Employee) –  Greenland, NHNovember 11, 2015
Days were long and work was hard, but pay was good and we got frequent breaks. Co-workers and management were friendly and honest.
Would've liked to stay on if given the opportunity.
Pros
Paid breaks, plenty of overtime available, healthcare for full-timers
Cons
Potentially having to work 6 or even 12 days in a row in busy season
decent job
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 13, 2016
My time at cole haan was good. I got along very well with co workers and management. Like any commission based job, it requires a lot of customer service. it is laid-back and a nice place to work
Great Environment, Not so great compensation
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Highland Park, TXDecember 7, 2015
I love this job. It's fun, the product is great, and the management is awesome. I would think that a company that sells high end / higher priced shoes would be able to compensate their managers more.
Pros
Benefits, Flexible Schedule.
Cons
Compensation
Fun Workplace with great team
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ellenton, FLApril 6, 2016
A day at Cole Haan is normally fun due to a great team, I've never dreaded coming in to work, my mangers are really cool and helpful and always work to help me learn more
sales associate
LEAD SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 13, 2016
the free shoes are nice good company but a little cheap...
when it is slow hours get cut, you will learn a lot of product knowledge
Pros
quality commission
Cons
part time and under NO BENEFITS
Employee of Cole Haan
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tannersville, PAOctober 18, 2015
Very friendly and upbeat environment. The management is great and very helpful. I enjoy coming into work and meeting new people from all over the world. I also love coming into work and looking at the different products we have and learning something new everyday. I personally purchase their products.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No opportunity for advancement