Cole Haan Employee Reviews

Do not plan a career there
Reverse Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greenland, NHApril 8, 2017
A typical day at Cole Haan is one where the work is already there for you. During my time, Cole Haan was being acquired by a private group. Therefore, the most important thing to the executives were numbers. Old managers were removed and new managers were placed. It was a rotating door. Also, I was promised a full time position for over two years and never got one, no matter how many time I helped or assisted in different departments. I was always a temporary employee until I had to find work elsewhere and start over.

Cons
There is no balance
friendly environment
Assistant Store Manager (ASM) (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19103April 7, 2017
fun place to work and meet new people
i enjoy the free shoes we receive
it was easy for me to move from a sales associate to an Assistant Store Manager
company standards
Sr. Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 5, 2017
i would have given this company 5 stars prior to the huge changes that the company made ,quality wise and managerial wise. It not efficient nor is it effective to push good and respected employees out due to personal reason and this is what happened to several of cole haan most valued employees. if this was 6 yrs ago i would say go for it this is the place to be but now I wouldn't recommend working their if your looking for a career it more of a pass through.
Oppresive
Administrative Assistant + Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 31, 2017
There are some wonderful people who work here, but they are in the minority. This job didn't allow for any growth or skill development and was inflexible to the point of being suffocating.

The management is a team of huge egos who all look down their noses at those lower down the ladder.
Customer Service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greenland, NHMarch 10, 2017
I loved the Cole Haan products.
The only down fall from this job was I wasn't treated fair at all. My manager down graded me as much as she possibly could. I have never felt like that in any job I have ever worked. I felt like I could do know right in his job. She took my self pride away from me. Now I'm in a job and I get treated very differently. I'm so glad that this is in the past. The boss I had is know longer at Cole Haan which is a good thing.
Pros
Discount on products
Great Company to Work For
Retail Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 9, 2017
Great company with amazing culture, and great company discount. The companies products are innovative and sell them selves. The training is ongoing and there are endless opportunities to grow and develop within the company and learn from co-workers and management.
Pros
Comission structure, Culture
Cons
Hours- typical retail
its a great place to work
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Anne Arundel County, MDMarch 3, 2017
I loved working at cole haan. If your doing customer service for the first time that is a good place to start because it isn't fast paced and you can better understand customer service that way.
Pros
great environment
Cons
not enough pay
Amazing atmoshpere and even better merchandise
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIMarch 2, 2017
Loved the Cole Haan brand and my coworkers. I was one of the original employees at a new location and felt like the store was part of me. I was fortunate to work with great coworkers and learned a lot about management and merchandising. The hardest thing was leaving my position. I miss working there and hope someday to be able to go back, even if it is just part time.
Pros
amazing product
Cons
location
Good management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAFebruary 27, 2017
Steady good , great items to sell. Great customers, and good training programs. Supervised full and part-time associates. Helped other stores to maintain stores sales.
Pros
discount on items
Fun atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAFebruary 24, 2017
A typical day at work was fun to the extend that we became like family. I have learned what it takes to sale shoes you have to know what you are selling definitely. The many names of loafers and oxfords are important and it gives character to the shoes. Management helped us as a team to achieve our goals in the store. The hardest part of the job would be working with already stressed out customers . The most enjoyable part of my job was working with different cultures and age groups. Working with shoes have really open my mind for future fashion driven jobs. I really appreciate this as my first retail job ive learned a lot and it has helped me grow.
Pros
The team truly lived by being a family
Cons
Communication
Effective
Senior Assistant Manager - Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILFebruary 18, 2017
This job allows for effective training needed for growing and developing knowledge in the retail space.

Additionally, the role fosters continued experience in managing a team, developing effective sales plans and enhancing customer skills.
Great Company
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Pearl, MSFebruary 8, 2017
Cole Haan is a great company to work for overall but sometimes it can be overbearing. It gives you a lot of room to grow in the managerial field and also provides a lot of knowledge about what you need to know.
Terrible management
Outbound Associate (Current Employee) –  Greenland, NHFebruary 6, 2017
There are a lot of potential to grow in that place how ever the management does a terrible job with that people working there. With a New management that place would be really fun place to work and can make some real money. There are a lot of people walking around doing nothing all day and getting away with whatever they are doing (whole a lot of nothing)
Good to keep your busy but don't keep your hopes too high about the place.
Great Benefits, Terrible Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAJanuary 26, 2017
Fast paced retail setting.
Poor management/ scheduling.
Broke rules on scheduling minors/ breaks frequently.
Quick turn around of new employees, after 1 year of working there I had seen 2 entirely new sets of staff.
Unable to retain Associate Managers and sales associates for any period of time.
Highly unclear/ hypocritical policies on pricing, discounts and orders.
Tedious and ever changing floor set was never made clear to staff.
Pros
Discounted Shoes, fast paced, quarterly bonuses, seasonal free pair of shoes
Cons
management, scheduling errors, poor communication
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 22, 2017
Management at Cole Haan is mediocre from upper senior management to store manager. People are hired based on personal connections rather than by experience.
Productive and Fun workplace with friendly customers and co-workers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJanuary 19, 2017
Achieve/Exceed personal sales goals while working as a team member.
Connect with customers through meeting and anticipating their needs.
Maintain the appearance of the selling floor; restock and merchandise according to Cole Haan standards.
Worst place I have ever worked; no benefits, very hostile work culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 14, 2017
I was really excited to work at Cole Haan Outlet. Everyone was friendly at the beginning; everyone was helpful. After reading the reviews from others, I have no idea what "positive" work culture they are referring to. Scheduling was always late or missing. People showed up on different days because of the changed dates. Email updates were never communicated to people. A lot of blaming, sabotage, and slander. I have worked in other fashion companies, and this, by far, was the worst place I have ever worked. After working here, I will never recommend anyone to work here. I highly suggest that you apply somewhere else.
Pros
Some people
good place
Shipping/Stocking/Receiving Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greenland, NHJanuary 14, 2017
good place to work friendly environment. Management is very nice and there is a room to move up. Breaks and lunch are normal and the work is not overbearing
Productive a typical day work
Assistant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greenland, NHJanuary 12, 2017
Work at Colehaan I learn how to work as a team, Good management, supporting co workers, The hardest part of the job that sometimes we do not know when we going to finish the job. We have to wait until the last order. The most enjoyable part of the job is time flies, no boring job.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No bonus
na
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 11, 2017
Terrible management, companied by the fact the company was sold by Nike, making it pretty much useless as the nike technology was removed and replaced with cheap materials.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cole Haan. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval