Cole Taylor Bank

Cole Taylor Bank Employer Reviews

Loan Closer (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIMay 30, 2014
Pros: free lunches, celebration of holiday, company functions
Cons: short smoke break, managment style toward some employees
Busy call center environment with a group of talented employees.
I loved this company!
Lead Administrative Officer/Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Rosemont, ILApril 7, 2014
Pros: fun, smart coworkers who feel like family to me.
Cons: there are no cons.
Everything I am right now I owe to Cole Taylor Bank. A big bank encased in a small setting, the culture is all "big bank" but it is still small enough to allow you to expand the boundaries of your position and make it what you want it to be. I can't thank them enough for everything they have done for me. The people here are spectacular and I wish them – more... lots of luck with the upcoming merger. – less
IT Lead Security & Network Administrator
AVP, IT Lead Security & Network Administrator (Current Employee), Rosemont, ILMarch 20, 2014
• Transitioned CTB network from a frame relay with isdn backup to a dual provider MPLS network with custom routing, this has provided a network uptime in excess of 99.95%
• Replaced end of life network and firewall equipment with state of art Cisco/Nexus equipment, including fully redundant 6500e core, Nexus 5000 and 2000 switches and Cisco ASA 5500 – more... in high availability fail over mode.
• Implemented McAfee Web Gateway Proxy servers and integrated them with Microsoft Active Directory.
• Implemented Symantec VIP token system for VPN and Citrix authentication.
• Implemented VPN solution for client to site and site to site using Cisco ASA 5500's and Symantec VIP token system
• Monitored Network health with Solar winds Orion tools.
• Tuned McAfee Sidewinder firewalls and IPS/IDS systems. – less
Great place to work if you have the contacts.
Loan Originator/Mortgage Banker (Former Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 17, 2013
Pros: great environment
Cons: no lead flow
Cole Taylor is a fantastic place to work with great people working there and running the place. However, if you have no Realtor contacts, it is very hard if not impossible to establish a pipeline.
Banking
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 8, 2013
Cons: not enough working hours
A typical day at work includes all of these functions listed below:
Communication
Workflow production
Sales
Customer Service
High Volume Telephone inquires

I enjoy providing resources to the clients. Using administrative skills in a fun and – more... lively business enviromental with peers. – less
A great place to work and management were very supportive of the employee development.
Check Processing Supervisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 6, 2012
Pros: good benefits, free lunch at times and great support from management.
Cons: not enough coverage, one shift processing unit and process must be completed no matter what.
Review the work status and evaluated resources to ensure all shift expectations will be met. Designated work assignment when needed to cover for any absentee. Evaluated employee performances daily to ensure that customer expectations and procedures were being followed.

I have learned the full process of Item Processing. My management skills has improved – more... through leading the shift process, conducting meetings, training, hiring, communicating updates and reporting to upper management.

Management were very supportive for employee to succeed by providing tools and materials needed to do their job.

Co-workers were great and I get along very well with them.

The hardest part of the job was during high absenteeism and you still need to complete the whole process of Item Processing. Coverage was limited because it was only one shift and if no one can stay then I have to complete the process.

The most enjoyable was seeing the employees happy coming to work. Also, getting recognition from upper management for a job well done. – less
My manager ROCKED!!!!
Senior Statement Clerk (Former Employee), Rosemont, IlMay 21, 2012
Pros: unlimited ot, salary was decent, was allowed to set my own schedule
Cons: no paid maternity leave
Worked in the Rosemont office. LOVED IT!! Management was great! Pulled out high-dollar checks and matched signatures. My team consisted of 5 people which was MARVELOUS! No personailty conflicts. No micro managing. UNLIMITED OT!!! I loved the manager here. She allowed me to come in at anytime, as long as it was by 9:30am.They even give you a savings – more... bond for your newborn!! – less
It was a good place to work.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Burbank, ILMay 18, 2012
Pros: didn't have to punch a clock.
Cons: coworkers took advantage of not punching a clock, long commute, long day.
I was at Cole Taylor Bank for over 13 years. If it wasn't for the long commute I might still be there. I loved taking care of the customers and handling their accounts. Co-workers were typical - had good days and bad. Management was pretty laid back and you did your job and were paid well.
Great Company to work for
Last one was Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Skoke, ILJanuary 3, 2012
Pros: great christmas parties
Management and employees were like a family everyone worked together.

About Cole Taylor Bank

This company is tailor-made for small and midsized business owners. Taylor Capital Group is the holding company for Cole Taylor – Read more