Cole Taylor Bank Employee Reviews

No longer in business
Former member (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 13, 2017
Great place to work but, as any mortgage company your job is not secure if rates are high. Be well liked and you will go far.
Pros
The people
Cons
Mortgage industry
good place to work with lots of educational opportunities
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 3, 2016
this is a company which offers good benefit and lots of possibilities for advancement. The work flow can be taxing on certain days of the months because sales quota must be met along with other office duties.
Pros
good compasentiion
Cons
stressful at times
Productive fun place to work
Wealth Management Associate & Client Service Rep. (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 23, 2015
I dealt with Wealthy clients on a daily basis, assisting Vice Presidents with customer service requests, wire transfers, loan processing, investment trading etc. It was different every day, a challenge but an enjoyable atmosphere. My clients and coworkers were a joy to work with.
Pros
Fitness Center in the building.
Productive fast pace business, enjoyable
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 21, 2015
I enjoyed working with my clients which were sometimes commercial and well as seniors, my co-workers were very easy going and friendly. I love helping people so I took extra procaution to their business needs.
Pros
Cash incentives free lunches
Cons
short breaks during peak times
Sales Oriented
Teller/Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 7, 2015
Cole Taylor Bank, like any other bank was strong on sales. As a Bank Teller/Personal Banker, a typical day at work was processing customers deposit/withdrawal transactions, issuing official checks, providing referrals opportunities and explaining financial products. During my length of employment at Cole Taylor Bank, I developed strong sale and customer service skills.
Pros
Good benefits and incentive program
Cons
High Turnover rate
Nice place to work
Wire Transfer Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILFebruary 3, 2015
Good location. Good co-workers. Productive environment. Good location in relation to downtown area. Possible career growth was rewarding. Overall okay place to work.
Great place to work and great people to work for
Mailroom messenger and delivery maanger. (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 5, 2014
On a normal day I organize and arrange bank routes and deliveries of daily checks and deposits between 8 banks on the south, west,and northside of chicago and the surrounding suburbs. Sort and process the daily and interoffice mail.
Pros
Great benefits
Loan Closer (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMay 30, 2014
Busy call center environment with a group of talented employees.
Pros
free lunches, celebration of holiday, company functions
Cons
short smoke break, managment style toward some employees
I loved this company!
Lead Administrative Officer/Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILApril 7, 2014
Everything I am right now I owe to Cole Taylor Bank. A big bank encased in a small setting, the culture is all "big bank" but it is still small enough to allow you to expand the boundaries of your position and make it what you want it to be. I can't thank them enough for everything they have done for me. The people here are spectacular and I wish them lots of luck with the upcoming merger.
Pros
Fun, smart coworkers who feel like family to me.
Cons
There are no cons.
IT Lead Security & Network Administrator
AVP, IT Lead Security & Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILMarch 20, 2014
• Transitioned CTB network from a frame relay with isdn backup to a dual provider MPLS network with custom routing, this has provided a network uptime in excess of 99.95%
• Replaced end of life network and firewall equipment with state of art Cisco/Nexus equipment, including fully redundant 6500e core, Nexus 5000 and 2000 switches and Cisco ASA 5500 in high availability fail over mode.
• Implemented McAfee Web Gateway Proxy servers and integrated them with Microsoft Active Directory.
• Implemented Symantec VIP token system for VPN and Citrix authentication.
• Implemented VPN solution for client to site and site to site using Cisco ASA 5500's and Symantec VIP token system
• Monitored Network health with Solar winds Orion tools.
• Tuned McAfee Sidewinder firewalls and IPS/IDS systems.
Great place to work if you have the contacts.
Loan Originator/Mortgage Banker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 17, 2013
Cole Taylor is a fantastic place to work with great people working there and running the place. However, if you have no Realtor contacts, it is very hard if not impossible to establish a pipeline.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
No Lead Flow
A great place to work and management were very supportive of the employee development.
Check Processing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 6, 2012
Review the work status and evaluated resources to ensure all shift expectations will be met. Designated work assignment when needed to cover for any absentee. Evaluated employee performances daily to ensure that customer expectations and procedures were being followed.

I have learned the full process of Item Processing. My management skills has improved through leading the shift process, conducting meetings, training, hiring, communicating updates and reporting to upper management.

Management were very supportive for employee to succeed by providing tools and materials needed to do their job.

Co-workers were great and I get along very well with them.

The hardest part of the job was during high absenteeism and you still need to complete the whole process of Item Processing. Coverage was limited because it was only one shift and if no one can stay then I have to complete the process.

The most enjoyable was seeing the employees happy coming to work. Also, getting recognition from upper management for a job well done.
Pros
good benefits, free lunch at times and great support from management.
Cons
not enough coverage, one shift processing unit and process must be completed no matter what.
My manager ROCKED!!!!
Senior Statement Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, IlMay 21, 2012
Worked in the Rosemont office. LOVED IT!! Management was great! Pulled out high-dollar checks and matched signatures. My team consisted of 5 people which was MARVELOUS! No personailty conflicts. No micro managing. UNLIMITED OT!!! I loved the manager here. She allowed me to come in at anytime, as long as it was by 9:30am.They even give you a savings bond for your newborn!!
Pros
unlimited ot, salary was decent, was allowed to set my own schedule
Cons
no paid maternity leave
It was a good place to work.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burbank, ILMay 18, 2012
I was at Cole Taylor Bank for over 13 years. If it wasn't for the long commute I might still be there. I loved taking care of the customers and handling their accounts. Co-workers were typical - had good days and bad. Management was pretty laid back and you did your job and were paid well.
Pros
didn't have to punch a clock.
Cons
coworkers took advantage of not punching a clock, long commute, long day.
Great Company to work for
Last one was Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Skoke, ILJanuary 3, 2012
Management and employees were like a family everyone worked together.
Pros
great christmas parties