Coleman Employee Reviews

laid back ,fun place to work
shipping clerk (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 22, 2016
Nice place to work .Organized ,attention to detail .Took care of fulltime employees .Great benefit ,room for advancement .Great discount for employees on product.
Pros
always free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Coleman American
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 30, 2016
Nice company to work for , long hours but very rewarding and supportive. handled national and international accounts for the united States military, as well as civilian national accounts.
Pros
open to new ideas.....
Cons
excessive long hours......
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 26, 2016
The work at coleman was alright. Getting to spend time with co-workers on break was pretty cool also. The main thing about working at coleman that I did not like very much was the continuous repeatition of work. Such is to be expected when working production line. Ive had my time doing outdoor and indoor work but its time to try something new.
Highly organized and efficient in fast-paced multitasking environments; able to prioritize
Packer (Former Employee) –  Gardner, KSOctober 15, 2016
• First help training
• Excellent hand-eye coordination
• Operate production machinery in a safe and efficient manner
Overworked and underpaid
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 9, 2015
A typical day for me was extremely busy, while for others it was just somewhere to kick back and relax. This company could use new management and HR employees as problems are not handled the way the should be. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the various tasks I was given daily. The most enjoyable part of the job was having a very busy schedule as it made my day go by fast. I, myself was told repeatedly I would be promoted, but it never happened regardless of all the praises of a job well done.
hostile work atmoshpere
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 11, 2014
A typical day at work was hot, stressful, and demanding. From working at Coleman I learned how to deal with stress. Management there was never seen. Co-workers at Coleman was there for themselves no team work. Was working with no raises no cost of living for over years and working every Saturday from January to September and the heat and no heat in winter time. 4 weeks of vacation
Pros
4 week vaction `
Cons
no heat during winter
Awesome place to work for in the summer.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lake George, NYFebruary 21, 2013
In the summer we run many sales in the parking lot of the outlets and at this time it is very busy. The summer is when everyone gets overtime and it is when work is the best. Management is very understanding if things come up and is also very flexible with scheduling.
Pros
great summer job, work isn't hard, lunch paid for a lot in the summer
Cons
hours outside of summer are rare, no raise in pay and only at minimum wage
Coleman was the first job that called for me to step up and portray leadership qualities
LOADER, UNLOADER, AND EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 12, 2015
A typical day included unloading trucks, stacking the merchandise properly, and putting the product in the correct location. I learned many things while there like how to drive a forklift and how to motivate others and become a leader. Management was great. They took the time to get to know employees on a personal level and rewarded us when possible. My co-workers ended up being friends, we took each work load on as a team and it made the days better. The hardest part of the job was the physical labor. We unloaded trucks and some of the items we unloaded were very heavy and the weather was hot at times. The most enjoyable part of the job was accomplishing the goals we had ahead of us.
Had a routine
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 3, 2014
Went to work everyday checked my machine before I ran it and in when my shift was over. I loved knowing what I was doing everyday and how much I had to produce every hour to hit my quota, while watching my quality. The employee management relationship was good made it easy to work and they kept us informed on what was going on with the company. Health benefits were very good as well.
Fun learning new skills
laundry (Former Employee) –  Coleman, FLDecember 14, 2015
I was taught the proper techniques to operate a washer loader machine. worked hard to make sure all cloths were done in the proper alloted time allowed.
Good job
Line Assembler (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 1, 2015
I enjoyed working at coleman. Its very fast paste, keeps you moving management was ok. They helped me when I needed it. I enjoyed all the employees very helpful. They keep you motivated. The hardest part was the hours.I learned how to use different machines. How to make displays. I connected to the job it was very easy to catch on.
Communication and training methods
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KS and Gardner, KSJanuary 23, 2013
Productive workplace with good communication skills between employees and management. I would go in and review the day's work with fellow employees in crossover time. I would work with various departments to resolve any issues. The hardest part of the job would be creating one training method that everyone could use. The most enjoyable part of the job would be succeeding.
Pros
great discount on merchandise
Cons
short breaks
Productive and Fun
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXFebruary 17, 2013
A typical day at work was stacking the boxed products to get ready for shipping. I was able to learn a little about driving a forklift. The management was great and my co-workers were easy to to get along with. There really wasn't anything hard about the job but, the most enjoyable part was driving the forklift.
Pros
good work environment and co-workers
Cons
i have found nothing bad about this workplace
productive
Machine operator/Stocker (Former Employee) –  kansasOctober 15, 2015
I learned to operate a blow mold machine and i got a chance to work in a fast paced assembly line. The co workers were helpful and made the day go by quick by making it a fun workplace,
Cons
short breaks
productive
Assembly Lines Worker (Former Employee) –  wichita kansasDecember 11, 2012
long hours busy loud
getting sore you might get burned by plastic coworkers are helpful team work hardest parst keep up with the machines once get comfortable and find your rhythm then it shouldnt be hard to keep up
getting things done and shaving
Pros
good pay, long hours
Cons
tired might get burned
Do not recommend as an employeer.
(former employee) (Former Employee) –  Wichita KansasSeptember 15, 2012
Do not recommend coleman as an employeer. The last thing they care about are their employees. They lay off people with no notice. The bosses are one for all and all for them only.
Coleman will be lucky to be in business for 5 more years, simply because the only thing that sells are airbeds and they are junk.
The appliance division has no work, because they sent it all to China and I wouldn't buy a coleman stove or lantern if it was the last product on earth. The products do not work.
In all fairness, Coleman used to be a very nice place to work, but all the old workers and bosses all retired or ran to other businesses.
I did like most of my coworkers while I was there. I wish them only the best.
Pros
used to be a nice place to work
Cons
not a good employeer.
Liked the people that I worked with.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXApril 15, 2014
I liked the people that I worked with, but no benefits. The job was so easy that I was bored during midday to end of shift.
This company no longer exist.
Truck Loader (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 10, 2012
I enjoyed working for this company. The atmosphere was great. Compensation wasn't all that great but you didn't laid off.
Pros
monday - friday
Cons
no longer exist
Productive & fun
NY Head Operator (Former Employee) –  52nd street ny,nySeptember 24, 2013
had the best co-workers the time and pay was glorious best job i had until the CEO past away.
Good place to work.
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAApril 17, 2013
Tough job. If you have the legal experience, you can do fine.
benefits
Cons
high pressure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coleman. Our community is ready to answer.