Coleman Employee Reviews

Not Bad
Order Puller/Loader (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 28, 2017
The job wasn't bad for that time in my life. I was right out of high school and it was a fairly good job for me. I learned a lot while I worked there.
Great company to work for if single
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 8, 2017
Start out at 8hrs turn into 12hrs I learn how to drive a forklift and run computer held gun scan product labels management would not back you up if you where right even though there the one that told how to do it all the employee work as a team to make sure everything was done before going home hardest part was getting time off when needed working with some great people
A typical work day.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, MSOctober 31, 2017
A typical work day. I would volunteer and help children read, do different workshops as well as assist the teacher with anything that needs to be done around the classroom.
Great Seasonal job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSOctober 30, 2017
I worked at Coleman for a year. They have perm and temp employees working together. The culture is similar to the Cast systems of the past.

Temp worker ~ Bottom of list and treated poorly by all Coleman staff.

Coleman worker ~ Has more job security and 8 out of 10 slow their work down to a crawl.

Management ~ Was incompetent when I was there and did not ask the workers/floor managers what they needed or wanted before making terribly expensive and unneeded improvements, changes.
Bad managerment. Went out of business 2 years after I left.
stock market analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 17, 2017
Due to management incompetence Coleman went into chapter 7 in 1992, two years after I left. The company went full bore into an expansion program without researching the poor track record of the men managing the expansion program
Prety cool.
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 28, 2017
It was a nice place to work, its very fast paced though so if your not used to a fast pace environment then this wouldn't be the job for you at all. But it does have great hours though! As well as mandatory overtime.
Very Busy
Leader 1 (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 16, 2017
A typical work day at coleman being a leader 1 has its ups and downs. some days are very busy some are not. But everyday is fast paced. You can expect to learn something new everyday that you work there. the management isn't to bad. they tend to get the things that need to be done, done. I would have to say the hardest part about the job is when you have something going on with almost everyone of your machines, then it tends to become very stressful. the part i enjoy about my job is that its a hands on type of job. Also i get to have interaction with my operators.
Good benefits bad leadership
BLOW MOLD OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 12, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of going in, go see what station I'm working for the day, put on work uniform, then work for the rest of the shift. This was a poor job and I frequently went in discouraged and stressed because I did not like the job.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
3rd shift, poor leadership, low pay
Headache
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 7, 2017
Coleman has many great benefits that are beneficial for you and your family. The company doesn't recognize an individual with special skills. They leave that person on a certain position and makes excuses for advancement. The management is horrible and not organized at all.
challenging workplace
Field Tech (Former Employee) –  Upper Lake, CAAugust 24, 2017
You will learn to work with many different types of people. The job responsibility will change from contract to contract. Coleman is an at will company, so from the beginning you can be let go at their discretion.
Very hot
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 23, 2017
Fast moving place,be ready to work when you get there.l enjoyed my time there. Go check it out you might learn to love it. It gets slow in the winter,save your money. I tell you this make sure you are on time and check your w2 forms,they take out to much taxes.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Hot
enjoyable
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 20, 2017
I would come and enjoy working due to the staff and the environment I worked in. I got to work in assembly which I enjoy. I enjoy staying busy and very productive
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 8, 2017
Good place to work it does get cold in the winter but they do have good benefits and overtime but it is a very far drive and there is no cell service where the building is.
a good place to work if you like a one task production line
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 22, 2017
This is a great place to work when it comes to the people you work with. Good attitude with most workers. But they have a hustle attitude which I respect heavily. One thing I didn't like is there is just no room to move up. And they tell you to report injuries but belittle and degrade people for hurting themselves making it hard for people to want to follow there policies. You are asigned one task all day. The work is extremely tedious.
Pros
good people, free coolers, good work practices
Cons
management in certain departments have zero to little people skills
Hard work and a great workout
Staffmark Temp Service (Current Employee) –  Gardner, KSJuly 17, 2017
Great job, challenging, busy, always keeps you moving. Great company to expand your horizons while keeping you keen on the skills that you already have.
Very hot and very fast paced
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 12, 2017
Coleman is a decent job if u can handle the heat and the super short breaks they dont pay very well for the job though. They tend to send people home daily because lines not working.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Very hot.
Terrible
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 29, 2017
Treat employees terrible do not understandthat things happen not very respectful or understanding to any one else life lines were always down went home a week in a row before
The outdoor experience
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WAJune 27, 2017
I would have never thought initially that i would be working retail at a camping store but I had found during my stay that the staff was awesome and management was always willing to help associates out in a pinch.
Decent place of employment
Cell Operator (Former Employee) –  Sauk Rapids, MNJune 20, 2017
Made a lot of puddle jumpers and other flotation devices. During work, every machine was hooked up to a visual representation of the achieved efficiency. A certain number of pieces were expected to have been made depending on the time the machine had been running, and the number made was compared to it, giving a percentage of efficiency.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Work was fast-paced
It was a good experience
Assembler (Former Employee) –  WiichitaJune 12, 2017
I loved it it was temporery so i have to find another job qish i could stay ao im looking for somthing in the same field and hopfully make it a career and move up within the company
Pros
They made sure they didnt over work us
Cons
N/a