Coles Hotels Employee Reviews

My time working as a Liquorland Manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Altona VICJune 8, 2016
It was extremely stressful, with high expectations with constant pressure and near bullying tactics from Area Managers and Head office telling you to cut down on staff hours, forcing you to work most of the time by yourself with no breaks and no extra pay. Left me feeling exhausted and no time or money for my own life after just two years.
Pros
Having ownership of your own store.
Cons
Too much unpaid overtime, expected by company.
pay was great
Customer service (Former Employee) –  perth alexander hieghts, north perth and morleyAugust 16, 2016
serving customer alcohol to fit their needs. Loved unloading tonne paletts quicker than the boys.

working as a team was always varying depending on the people and their work ethic which I would put down as my hardest part of the job, dealing with employers who didn't really want to be there.
Pros
meeting such varying people
Cons
heavy lifting
Fun
Finance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mt GravattApril 7, 2016
Great direct Manager, always available to you.

Co-working were good, supportive and friendly.

Good location and work life balance.

Most enjoyable part was the varied amount of people you got to meet and interact with.
Pros
People
Cons
Constant shift in Management
Great team of people
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brisbane South QLDJanuary 3, 2016
Something different each day, always learning something.
Servicing the different cultures on a daily basis.
It gave a chance to share experiences delivering customer service.
To formulate a culture and to train young team members.
Pros
Cons
Always learning something new
A fun part time job
Duty Manager, Retail Sales (Current Employee) –  Mount GambierJuly 1, 2015
This is a fun fast paced job , but unfortunately not a career due to the stores location. I enjoy the customer service side the most but also enjoy ordering & merchandising. I work alone most nights , so being able to prioritize & self manage is something new I have learned in this job & have enjoyed.
Pros
Fast paced & always fun
Cons
A job not a career
Casual fun environment
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Melbourne AustraliaApril 22, 2015
• Worked in a team to Cold called new wine club members and selling bulk wine over the phone driving the sales pipeline for repeat and regular buyers of the product.
• Making between 60- 80 calls per day in a fast paced environment
• Maintaining a call structure that emphasised a one call one close philosophy
• Using CMS platform MAX to process orders and record sales for repeat buyers. MAX backend software notified us of changes in stock levels for our products
• Leads were cold as they had not been contacted previously and never purchased from the phone system
• Utilized CMS ordering system to process retail sales for remote delivery Australia wide
• Handled objections and utilized sales techniques to sell product
• Worked towards set monetary targets per day and per week ($1200) per day
• Generated new leads for repeat buyers for the warm calling team
Fun place to work
Sales Assistant/ Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Springwood, QLDDecember 3, 2014
Hardest part of the job is the amount of excessive heavy lifting, apart from that it is quite rewarding, good environment, busy at this time of year, love dealing with customers and learning the new products. Always lots of work hours. My favourite part of the day is either opening or closing. Upselling is a skill I find fun and helping the customers with there choice in our diverse range products.
Seeking mainly full time work
Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  HallamJune 29, 2015
I would like to get a job where I can set goals and move up in company. I am not getting enough hours working with this company to make an honest living.
A very customer orientated work place
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  PalmyraJanuary 24, 2014
I would start work at 8am and work till another employee came in to the store or i was there until 9pm on my own... I started by counting the tills and safe and making sure all the shelves were full of products and neat and tidy... i would serve customers for as long as i was in the store as well as cleaning the store and doing all the stock ordering and and putting away... Mid week i would do rosters and organize team members for the coming weeks, at the end of each night i would count the till and safe again and lock the store...
Pros
very pleasing when customers got what they wished for... good team to work with
Cons
not much opportunity to advance
Great Workplace, very changable company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Dora Creek NSW 2264August 1, 2012
Once store has opened, do stock counts, ordering of stock, serving the needs of customers, doing the rosta's and wages etc, Staff i work with who i employed are fantastic, always a smile and enjoy their job, my immediate boss does a great under sometimes difficult circumstance, my biggest challenge has been implementing new directions, when there has been a change of senior management even though i don't always agree, and getting the other team members to understand why. the best part of the job are the other team members and the customers who are a fabulous bunch...
Pros
close to home, and the other staff
Cons
no potential to move forward
Managment were extremely helpful and great to work with
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orange LiquorlandOctober 16, 2012
I thoroughly enjoyed my short time within Liquorland, my direct manager was great at her job and trained me well, on my first shift I completed all my e-learning and then was observed whilst using the registers and serving customers. It wasn't long before I was able to do my first few hours by myself.

I was given detailed duties to perform in order to maintain the shops presentation.

I worked with great people, they were extremely happy to offer advice and assistance and were fantastic with product knowlege.
Pros
great working conditions, and staff, including managment
Cons
unfortunatley too far from where i lived.
Excelant company to work for.
Sales Assistant & Relieving Manager (Former Employee) –  CranbourneNovember 11, 2013
I was able to increase my knowledge and expand my skills. Learning many new skills including staff rosters, ordering stock, communication skills customer service. I was also on the health and safety committee .
Pros
provided great training.
Depressing environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VICMarch 28, 2014
Always left alone
Not a lot of back up
They were not organised
I learnt to keep my mouth shut and that mistrust and gossiping is everywhere!!
The hardest part was no consistency
The most enjoyable was quitting
Pros
help complete strangers
Cons
no security
Flexible and great working conditions
Retail Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth, WAAugust 14, 2013
An ideal job for students, as my shifts were flexible around my university timetable and I was provided with product education and staff support when necessary to ensure I could be fully competent at my job.
Work bonus
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cairns, QLDJuly 15, 2014
customer service as a priority was always a plus as I am a customer focused person.

I always like to work within a team however, can work unattended as well.
Pros
changing atmosphere
Cons
lack of stock due to seasonal
Friday nights were the busiest otherwise quiet
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount MaunganuiJune 18, 2013
Great staff but bad management. Enjoyed Friday nights would come into work set up bar/restaurant then get straight into it.
Pros
staff were awesome
Cons
bad management
A terrific experience
Part Time, Assistant Manager, Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth, WAJuly 22, 2014
Love working with animals or out in the outdoors this is a great opportunity to get onto but not many get through, defiantly worth trying though
productive & joyable work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  sydneyJanuary 29, 2014
hard & enjoyable very challanging at times. co workers great to work with

2.9