Colgate-Palmolive Employee Reviews

Filled with great memories
Warehouse Material Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJJune 24, 2017
Got to befriend and work with great people and life long friends. Money was great, unlimited overtime and overall great place to work. Like going to work
Pros
Great pay, benefits and vacation time. Oportunity to advance
Cons
Nothing to really complain about
Decent place to work
Plant Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJJune 21, 2017
Worked for this company for 23 years till the plant closed in my area. Was a good place to work and meet a lot of great people. Would have stayed with the company had they not relocated down south.
Good Place to Start Out
Operations Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Morristown, TNJune 13, 2017
The company is excellent for young professionals to start out. Many chances are given to develop and gain experience. The pay and benefits are also excellent for someone starting out.

Culture and management are extremely political and moving up in the company requires skillful network building.
Pros
Good Pay, Excellent Benefits.
Cons
Poor work life balance, very political
Great, if you want to advance
Laboratory Supervisor/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJune 12, 2017
Colgate is a great place to work for. The culture is a caring culture and if you want to advance you just need to work hard. This facility is a start up, depending on your role you will be more stressed out or more laid back. If you do the work well then you will be fine and will advance quickly. The working hours if you are salary employee are not the best for a family/friends, also depending on your own attitude towards work. If you are on the hourly schedule then you have a week with only 2 working days and then the other you work 5 days (12 hours shift). For me they have been a great company in 5 years, I have been promoted 3 times, learned different roles and had great experiences. The benefits are really good. Personally I have no complaints, this facility is a new facility it has been a bit rough because of the learning curve of the new hires, but the company as a whole, it is a great place to work for.
Pros
Great benefits, new plant, clean, safe, schedule(hourly), friendly, caring
Cons
many hours of work (salary employees)
Life Balance
Clerk - Validation and Compliance (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJune 6, 2017
This job allowed me to balance my work life and famliy life. I was about to get a 8 hr temp shift that allow me to still spend time with my kids and do fun activites with them.
stressful job due to managemant
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJune 4, 2017
Wouldnt recommend to work at. I found it to be very cut throat and favoritism was unreal. the manager I had would instigate so may arguments and bullying was very real in this environment.
Fast paced, productive and results oriented environment.
Data Management Analyst/US Finance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 2, 2017
Environment at Company is certainly fast paced. Employees are focused on working together, and individually hold themselves accountable for the quality of their work. There are no enclosed cubicles (or if there are, the doors are open), so employees can speak freely with one another. Some individuals may be allowed to work from home if that doesn’t interfere with their productivity. Therefore, work/life balance was taken into consideration. Employees always strived for success not only for themselves , but for the Company we represent.
Great Benefits, Bad Management
Technical Technician/Focused Resource (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNMay 10, 2017
Colgate has great benefits but it's not worth it. Management is the worst I've seen. Morristown TN plant just a stepping stone for managers. No leadership.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Management is clueless. Just in position to get to move up in company.
Nice place to work with minimus supervision.
Operator Technician (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJMay 1, 2017
The work was relatively easy. Not much stress. If I just pay attention to the machine the night shift I been working all those 18 years become a very peaceful an productive day.
I learned the all the stuff I know over the company trainings. All certificate on Operator Tech I and II and Autonumous maintenance, that include adjustment, repair, parts replacement were obtained from the company.
The shift normally went with very minimum supervision. And this is why I like the most the job. No pressure at all except when the production had high demand.
Nice cafeteria. Good food at razonable price.
The hardest part of the job was when we were about two hours close to the end of the shift that included bring material to the line and cleaning the area. Always we had to rush a little bit.
Team leaders were fenomenal people. Friendly and constantly giving us support when we needed.
Pros
Free cupons for cafeteria and for the company store.
Cons
Sometimes in hot time the AC wasnt able to cool the place enough.
Excellent work enviornment
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Puerto RicoApril 26, 2017
Very friendly co workers, its like a family. Everyday you learn something new and the co workers are super up to helping you when youre new. Definetly would recommend it!
A nice place to work
Operator-Technician (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJApril 25, 2017
The working environment is nice. Work associates work together to get the job done. Management nick-pics on little things for no reason just to be a pest.
Pros
caferteria and employee store discounts
Cons
Management favoritizem
Good company
Technical Systems Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INApril 19, 2017
OK place to work. Not a lot of innovation, but in a market that is close to commoditized, that's not surprising. Consistent focus on meeting budget, and Wall Street expectations.
Overall Amazing Experience
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJApril 17, 2017
Colgate is a great company and has an amazing culture and atmosphere. They take care of their employees and truly believe in their culture of Caring. I have had an amazing experience working for Colgate and believe it can be a great company for anyone willing to but their best foot forward. The only downside to the company for me is my longterm career interests are not something it could offer. I highly suggest Colgate!
the Kansas City Plant was sold to VVF
Maintenace (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSApril 13, 2017
the Kansas City Colgate Palmolive Soap Plant was closed and then reopened by VVF. most of the management changed. "Colgate" was a great company to work for.
Pros
working for Colgate
Cons
working for VVF
Great company and people
Customer Service & Logisitics Manager (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARApril 7, 2017
Great company and people along with a culture that promotes from within based on performance. The company continues to deliver strong results on a regular basis.
Pros
People, Culture
Customer Service and Logistics (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GAApril 7, 2017
Colgate has been a wonderful experience for me. I've been able to learn from one of the top supply chain companies in the world regarding best practices and developing the most efficient and effective processes without reducing quality.
Pros
Great health care, 401k matching, emphasis on career advancement for those willing to relocate, good work-life balance
Cons
Company currently restructuring is reducing job security and advancement opportunities
Great people to work with.
Advertisement Illustrator (Former Employee) –  ChinaApril 6, 2017
I designed vector illustration for their annual convention poster. It is a simple job. I love the fact that I had a full control over my work. Love This client.
great career start
• Assembly line operator (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCApril 4, 2017
I really enjoyed working at colgate but was laid off. Ensured my line ran at all times and did not go down. I checked for quality work and helped others as needed.
extremely friendly and diverse culture
Global Procurement- Responsible Sourcing Intern (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJMarch 30, 2017
an amazing company to work with! the culture work ethics and diversity are the best here!
learned a lot about the procurement functions in the company
Pros
company store
Cons
need to be mobile
too bad they moved
NJ Packaging/Mainteniance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJMarch 20, 2017
hourly employees worked together well. Management/employee relationship was always separate. Management always had a wall up, nice as can be with you but distant. a lot of favoritisim with certain individuals. Always overtime if you wanted it. best benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Colgate-Palmolive. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3