Colgate-Palmolive Employee Reviews in United States

Good place
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Guayama Municipio, PRJuly 2, 2016
Good place to gain experience had little to none benefits for all employees. Management was caring. Great opportunity to broaden your knowledge in different fields.
Multicultural atmosphere is an excellent inside into other countries and their mores.
Creative Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 27, 2016
A typical day at work starts early as I have globals partners who are a minimum of six hours ahead of the UST.

I honed my global negotiating skills.

Great at managing internal and external suppliers and have many endorsements on Linked In.

The most challenging part of the job is managing unreasonable clients with near impossible deadlines. These individuals generally do not understand the process of how to launch a product with disregard to timelines.

I love the challenge of the multifaceted aspects of the job and working with cross functional teams.
Pros
Health care
Cons
Frequent change in senior management
Great work environment and culture
Research Scientist (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJune 20, 2016
Colgate is a great place to enjoy both work and lives! Colleagues are very friendly and always willing to help. Great benifits
Asistente de almacen
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Orange, NJJune 12, 2016
Me desempeñe en el cargo de almacén teniendo como deber de llevar el control de ingreso y salida de la mercancía ,ingreso de datos al sistema.
A competitive company in a challenging market
Vendedor / Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRMay 19, 2016
Working every day to meet the expectations of the company.
In an environment where I learned to work under pressure, effective management time and teamwork abilities.
Pros
develop sales skills and interpersonal relationships
Cons
little job growth to seek better rewards
Good Company
SAP EAM Implementation Team Member (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNMay 6, 2016
Help the company with their SAP system. The company seemed to invest in the company, and their employees. Management seemed to care.
Pros
Clean place to work.
No place to go in cambridge information technology
IT analyst (Former Employee) –  Cambridge OhioApril 14, 2016
I work in Information Technology at a Colgate Plant in Cambridge Ohio. The days are long and you are tied to your cell phone 24 x 7. Unless you are in New Jersey your efforts are ignored and there is 0 room for advancement.

The Colgate GIT management enclave is very tight clique, if you are not a part they will use your contributions to help themselves and nobody else.

Stay away from GIT in this organization unless you are desperate for experience on your resume

The pay may seem ok but do not let it fool you. In the end your hourly wage will be minimal for the work required
Pros
People outside of IT GIT are still OK
Cons
terrible management, long hours, med pay
productive and fun place to work.
Industrial Engineer (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJApril 13, 2016
productive and fun place to work. Learn a lot. Productive,A good place to work and pleasant experience.
productive and fun place to work. Learn a lot. Productive
Great Company
Senior Revenue Analyst (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAApril 11, 2016
Colgate Palmolive was one of the best company to work for, a typical day at work was fast pace. My co-workers were always willing to help and pull together to achieve the goals of the department and the company as a hold.
Food Service Worker
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAApril 11, 2016
Clean the work area, prep the food. and assist other employees. I learned how to cook food. The management is good. My co-workers excellent. The hardest park is cleaning up before closing Walking through the breakroom
Pros
I listen very well.
Cons
Washing dishes
This company has great benefits and pay, but money isn't everything.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KSMarch 29, 2016
Moral is very low and management does little to help. A lot of great employees but there is a definite gap between the management and the staff.
Pros
Great insurance
Cons
Lack of leadership or direction
Productive work environment
Plant Microbiology (Former Employee) –  Guayama, PRMarch 26, 2016
Ensure all testing is performed according to corporate methods and policy and adheres to good microbiological practices. This includes the set up and administration of a laboratory quality assurance system that covers method and material qualification as well as equipment IQ/OQ/PQ, calibration & maintenance.
Understand and use basic laboratory safety equipment and instructions, precautions in handling and disposing of biological materials, in accordance with local environmental regulations.
Ensures that the reporting of data and maintenance of records are documented. Also, that the interpretation of the data is correct and that the results are effectively communicated to appropriate individuals, including management.
Pros
compromised employees
Cons
sales volume decreses
The greatest to date
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSMarch 25, 2016
This company understands how to remain one of the top leaders in the community. The culture is amazing and they treat their employees like family. You feel valued and needed everyday that you walk in the door. Everyone is happy, helpful and friendly. I get up every morning anticipating going to work with the greatest urgency. State of the art training with awesome advancement opportunities that is encouraged. This is the one to beat!
Warehousing (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 24, 2016
I felt like I was being judge. Anytime I would make a small mistake. The world was gone end. I didn't like the job I don't want to go back.
Good people, low opportunities
Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSMarch 5, 2016
Great place to start your career. Hills Pet Nutrition allows you to work on a variety of projects from day one, but there is little difference between the work of Assistant Brand Managers and Brand Managers.
Pros
Ability to work on a variety of projects from day 1
Cons
No career pathing, few brands
Review Summary
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  VariesMarch 4, 2016
Great company! Great benefits offset lower salary. Great people! Terrific opportunity for growth if you are willing to relocate.
Great leadership
Machine technician (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJFebruary 24, 2016
Great company to work for they really care about their employees. Such a great environment and management put your safety first.
Pros
Great people
The good, bad, and the ugly on my experience.
Analytical Chemist (Former Employee) –  TennesseeFebruary 20, 2016
The company offers good pay and benefits along with above average job security. It has a wide variety of job opportunities and encourages employees to advance themselves internally. It also has opportunities to travel and move to different areas in the US and abroad as Colgate-Palmolive has facilities in numerous countries.

In the analytical lab where I was employed, the work load was heavy and the pace was very fast. I did enjoy the work, but the work load became too much because of some not so work oriented co-workers. (The job security enjoyed there has the drawback of allowing less desirable employees to keep a position and often make the work load heavier for those who do work so well.)

I tested toothpaste to ensure the ingredients specified by the company/FDA were within the limits set. I also tested many raw materials to ensure they met specifications as well. The chemist position was responsible for following all test procedures, using proper protective gear as trained, and rules for the plant and areas in the plant. The chemists mixed many of the reagents used in testing and did trouble shooting/maintenance/repair on equipment as needed. All testing and paperwork had to meet FDA regulations since (even) toothpaste falls under their jurisdiction.

A typical day consisted of testing paste, entering the data generated, entering data on raw materials, and cleaning the glassware, etc. dirtied on shift. Common additions to the day were raw material testing, stability testing, assisting receiving technicians with raw material testing, and any other odd chores
  more... necessary.

The lab was under constant pressure to meet the time limits set on many of the materials tested. It also had to cope with an expanding group of materials being tested and the new procedures required for their testing. It was becoming a position that had the chemists over extended physically and mentally to keep track of all the procedures etc. required. I would have long since found another job had health conditions not caused me to pulled from work on advice from my doctors.

It was satisfying to ensure products met specifications that were going to be used by the public. It brought a sense of pride to see those products siting on the shelves in stores for sale that had a high probability of having been tested by myself and know that I had helped a large number of people with staying healthy.

The work load and some of the other employees made the job a miserable experience for me.

I did enjoy the company overall although my experiences in the lab were not good. I had a stable job and good pay/benefits and found the company is committed to making good products at a good price. Colgate-Palmolive also tries to be environmentally friendly with all its products and offers many organic or mostly organic items.
Pros
stable job, good pay, good benefits, company store (cheaper pricing)
Cons
some lazy employees, work load often too heavy causing overtime
Global Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 3, 2016
International culture, open end resources, supportive team work, and opportunities to grow for those willing to invest in required efforts.
Conservative, Restrictive, Political, Downsizing
Global Information Technology Manager (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, OHJanuary 30, 2016
Work Life balance is good, workload comes and goes depending on projects and time of year.

The company offers great exposure to global projects and you can progress if you are willing to relocate.

In IT they follow a very rigid set of guidelines and standards, audits are common. There is no room to be creative in the IT arena.

Lower level managers are not empowered to make decisions and the work environment is definitely not google. You need to wear plain black or blue jacket to climb the ladder.

The company is moving its technical pool overseas. Any IT positions left outside of the business centers will be Project and Third Party management focused. An IT position outside of the main office or a business hub will not offer a lot of room for advancement unless you relocate
Pros
good benefits, pay is not bad, some flexibility
Cons
conservative, restricting, old school, management does not listen or communicate well

4.4