Colgate-Palmolive Employee Reviews in United States

productive and fun place to work.
Industrial Engineer (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJApril 13, 2016
productive and fun place to work. Learn a lot. Productive,A good place to work and pleasant experience.
productive and fun place to work. Learn a lot. Productive
Great Company
Senior Revenue Analyst (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAApril 11, 2016
Colgate Palmolive was one of the best company to work for, a typical day at work was fast pace. My co-workers were always willing to help and pull together to achieve the goals of the department and the company as a hold.
Food Service Worker
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAApril 11, 2016
Clean the work area, prep the food. and assist other employees. I learned how to cook food. The management is good. My co-workers excellent. The hardest park is cleaning up before closing Walking through the breakroom
Pros
I listen very well.
Cons
Washing dishes
This company has great benefits and pay, but money isn't everything.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KSMarch 29, 2016
Moral is very low and management does little to help. A lot of great employees but there is a definite gap between the management and the staff.
Pros
Great insurance
Cons
Lack of leadership or direction
Productive work environment
Plant Microbiology (Former Employee) –  Guayama, PRMarch 26, 2016
Ensure all testing is performed according to corporate methods and policy and adheres to good microbiological practices. This includes the set up and administration of a laboratory quality assurance system that covers method and material qualification as well as equipment IQ/OQ/PQ, calibration & maintenance.
Understand and use basic laboratory safety equipment and instructions, precautions in handling and disposing of biological materials, in accordance with local environmental regulations.
Ensures that the reporting of data and maintenance of records are documented. Also, that the interpretation of the data is correct and that the results are effectively communicated to appropriate individuals, including management.
Pros
compromised employees
Cons
sales volume decreses
The greatest to date
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSMarch 25, 2016
This company understands how to remain one of the top leaders in the community. The culture is amazing and they treat their employees like family. You feel valued and needed everyday that you walk in the door. Everyone is happy, helpful and friendly. I get up every morning anticipating going to work with the greatest urgency. State of the art training with awesome advancement opportunities that is encouraged. This is the one to beat!
Warehousing (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 24, 2016
I felt like I was being judge. Anytime I would make a small mistake. The world was gone end. I didn't like the job I don't want to go back.
Good people, low opportunities
Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSMarch 5, 2016
Great place to start your career. Hills Pet Nutrition allows you to work on a variety of projects from day one, but there is little difference between the work of Assistant Brand Managers and Brand Managers.
Pros
Ability to work on a variety of projects from day 1
Cons
No career pathing, few brands
Review Summary
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  VariesMarch 4, 2016
Great company! Great benefits offset lower salary. Great people! Terrific opportunity for growth if you are willing to relocate.
Great leadership
Machine technician (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJFebruary 24, 2016
Great company to work for they really care about their employees. Such a great environment and management put your safety first.
Pros
Great people

Want to know more about Colgate-Palmolive?

Ask a question
The good, bad, and the ugly on my experience.
Analytical Chemist (Former Employee) –  TennesseeFebruary 20, 2016
The company offers good pay and benefits along with above average job security. It has a wide variety of job opportunities and encourages employees to advance themselves internally. It also has opportunities to travel and move to different areas in the US and abroad as Colgate-Palmolive has facilities in numerous countries.

In the analytical lab where I was employed, the work load was heavy and the pace was very fast. I did enjoy the work, but the work load became too much because of some not so work oriented co-workers. (The job security enjoyed there has the drawback of allowing less desirable employees to keep a position and often make the work load heavier for those who do work so well.)

I tested toothpaste to ensure the ingredients specified by the company/FDA were within the limits set. I also tested many raw materials to ensure they met specifications as well. The chemist position was responsible for following all test procedures, using proper protective gear as trained, and rules for the plant and areas in the plant. The chemists mixed many of the reagents used in testing and did trouble shooting/maintenance/repair on equipment as needed. All testing and paperwork had to meet FDA regulations since (even) toothpaste falls under their jurisdiction.

A typical day consisted of testing paste, entering the data generated, entering data on raw materials, and cleaning the glassware, etc. dirtied on shift. Common additions to the day were raw material testing, stability testing, assisting receiving technicians with raw material testing, and any other odd chores
  more... necessary.

The lab was under constant pressure to meet the time limits set on many of the materials tested. It also had to cope with an expanding group of materials being tested and the new procedures required for their testing. It was becoming a position that had the chemists over extended physically and mentally to keep track of all the procedures etc. required. I would have long since found another job had health conditions not caused me to pulled from work on advice from my doctors.

It was satisfying to ensure products met specifications that were going to be used by the public. It brought a sense of pride to see those products siting on the shelves in stores for sale that had a high probability of having been tested by myself and know that I had helped a large number of people with staying healthy.

The work load and some of the other employees made the job a miserable experience for me.

I did enjoy the company overall although my experiences in the lab were not good. I had a stable job and good pay/benefits and found the company is committed to making good products at a good price. Colgate-Palmolive also tries to be environmentally friendly with all its products and offers many organic or mostly organic items.
Pros
stable job, good pay, good benefits, company store (cheaper pricing)
Cons
some lazy employees, work load often too heavy causing overtime
Global Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 3, 2016
International culture, open end resources, supportive team work, and opportunities to grow for those willing to invest in required efforts.
Conservative, Restrictive, Political, Downsizing
Global Information Technology Manager (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, OHJanuary 30, 2016
Work Life balance is good, workload comes and goes depending on projects and time of year.

The company offers great exposure to global projects and you can progress if you are willing to relocate.

In IT they follow a very rigid set of guidelines and standards, audits are common. There is no room to be creative in the IT arena.

Lower level managers are not empowered to make decisions and the work environment is definitely not google. You need to wear plain black or blue jacket to climb the ladder.

The company is moving its technical pool overseas. Any IT positions left outside of the business centers will be Project and Third Party management focused. An IT position outside of the main office or a business hub will not offer a lot of room for advancement unless you relocate
Pros
good benefits, pay is not bad, some flexibility
Cons
conservative, restricting, old school, management does not listen or communicate well
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Valencia, GJanuary 19, 2016
Great company to work.

I learned a lot from it. Since it was a manufacturing plant, I had the opportunity to have field work. The only bad thing I could find was that sometimes you would need to stay longer hours to finish your duties, but not everyday.
Pros
Lots of benefits, friendly work enviroment
Great People
Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 5, 2016
Everybody was very friendly since the start, they would make sure to teach me anything i did not already know. Great people to work with!!!
Pros
Free Gatorade
Cons
Boring job
Slit/re-wind Operator (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJDecember 8, 2015
ColgatePalmolive was the best company I ever worked for except for my manager, job advancements and job work/life balance.
Very diverse place to work at.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Hodges, SCDecember 2, 2015
Was only in start up phase so haven't really been doing to much. But job duties were to make sure the lines running had what they need to run for the day.
It can be a good place to work
DIRECTOR OF REGULATORY AFFAIRS FOR THE AMERICAS (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSNovember 24, 2015
Benefits are excellent. The company has changed over the past several years. There tends to be a high employee turnover rate in key areas.
Pros
Pay
Cons
A great place to develop forklift skills
Forklift Operator/Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GANovember 23, 2015
On a typical at work I pull orders load and unload trucks. I was blessed to learn a new skill using an RF scanner and developed my order picking skills as well as my forklift maneuvering skills. Management was great, showed appreciation for the work that was preformed. My co-workers was great as well. Very friendly and willing to teach atmosphere. The hardest part about my job was working the grave yard shift. The most enjoyable part was the challenging and competitive spirt of my co-workers to reach highest times and numbers of production. Being I'm a very competitive and love a challenge this was perfect for me.
Pros
Developed my skills as forklift operator
Cons
No excitement. No team No advancment
Supportive team and real life projects
Product Development Intern (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJNovember 20, 2015
Great manager, great mentor. Trained me on almost every aspect related to the project I was working on. Showed interest about my career goals and was flexible with scheduling due to school matters.
Pros
Supportive team, flexible schedules
Cons
Not many

4.4