Colgate-Palmolive Employee Reviews

Great Benefits, Bad Management
Technical Technician/Focused Resource (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNMay 10, 2017
Colgate has great benefits but it's not worth it. Management is the worst I've seen. Morristown TN plant just a stepping stone for managers. No leadership.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Management is clueless. Just in position to get to move up in company.
Nice place to work with minimus supervision.
Operator Technician (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJMay 1, 2017
The work was relatively easy. Not much stress. If I just pay attention to the machine the night shift I been working all those 18 years become a very peaceful an productive day.
I learned the all the stuff I know over the company trainings. All certificate on Operator Tech I and II and Autonumous maintenance, that include adjustment, repair, parts replacement were obtained from the company.
The shift normally went with very minimum supervision. And this is why I like the most the job. No pressure at all except when the production had high demand.
Nice cafeteria. Good food at razonable price.
The hardest part of the job was when we were about two hours close to the end of the shift that included bring material to the line and cleaning the area. Always we had to rush a little bit.
Team leaders were fenomenal people. Friendly and constantly giving us support when we needed.
Pros
Free cupons for cafeteria and for the company store.
Cons
Sometimes in hot time the AC wasnt able to cool the place enough.
Excellent work enviornment
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Puerto RicoApril 26, 2017
Very friendly co workers, its like a family. Everyday you learn something new and the co workers are super up to helping you when youre new. Definetly would recommend it!
A nice place to work
Operator-Technician (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJApril 25, 2017
The working environment is nice. Work associates work together to get the job done. Management nick-pics on little things for no reason just to be a pest.
Pros
caferteria and employee store discounts
Cons
Management favoritizem
Good company
Technical Systems Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INApril 19, 2017
OK place to work. Not a lot of innovation, but in a market that is close to commoditized, that's not surprising. Consistent focus on meeting budget, and Wall Street expectations.
Overall Amazing Experience
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJApril 17, 2017
Colgate is a great company and has an amazing culture and atmosphere. They take care of their employees and truly believe in their culture of Caring. I have had an amazing experience working for Colgate and believe it can be a great company for anyone willing to but their best foot forward. The only downside to the company for me is my longterm career interests are not something it could offer. I highly suggest Colgate!
the Kansas City Plant was sold to VVF
Maintenace (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSApril 13, 2017
the Kansas City Colgate Palmolive Soap Plant was closed and then reopened by VVF. most of the management changed. "Colgate" was a great company to work for.
Pros
working for Colgate
Cons
working for VVF
Great company and people
Customer Service & Logisitics Manager (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARApril 7, 2017
Great company and people along with a culture that promotes from within based on performance. The company continues to deliver strong results on a regular basis.
Pros
People, Culture
Customer Service and Logistics (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GAApril 7, 2017
Colgate has been a wonderful experience for me. I've been able to learn from one of the top supply chain companies in the world regarding best practices and developing the most efficient and effective processes without reducing quality.
Pros
Great health care, 401k matching, emphasis on career advancement for those willing to relocate, good work-life balance
Cons
Company currently restructuring is reducing job security and advancement opportunities
Great people to work with.
Advertisement Illustrator (Former Employee) –  ChinaApril 6, 2017
I designed vector illustration for their annual convention poster. It is a simple job. I love the fact that I had a full control over my work. Love This client.
great career start
• Assembly line operator (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCApril 4, 2017
I really enjoyed working at colgate but was laid off. Ensured my line ran at all times and did not go down. I checked for quality work and helped others as needed.
extremely friendly and diverse culture
Global Procurement- Responsible Sourcing Intern (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJMarch 30, 2017
an amazing company to work with! the culture work ethics and diversity are the best here!
learned a lot about the procurement functions in the company
Pros
company store
Cons
need to be mobile
too bad they moved
NJ Packaging/Mainteniance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJMarch 20, 2017
hourly employees worked together well. Management/employee relationship was always separate. Management always had a wall up, nice as can be with you but distant. a lot of favoritisim with certain individuals. Always overtime if you wanted it. best benefits.
Fun and productive place to work
Payroll Tax Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New , YorkMarch 6, 2017
Worked for Colgate for more than 15 years. Great company to work for. Job work/Life balance is very important to this company! Fast- paced environment, but not stressful.
Very fair
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 2, 2017
Retail customer was very high on priority list. We were tasked to being first in market share especially in oral care and dish liquid categories. First to market with new items.
Work hard people was good together team work i loved wqnt i was doing. Doing your work and working hard make the fun and go by
Unpacker. Packer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 28, 2017
Out going love to work as a team people or nice to work around hour was good just 7.25 a hour about it was not about the money to me just love to work and still love to work
Pros
Bring my on
Temp job
Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNFebruary 23, 2017
wjould have liked to stay here, only a temp job, worked with some very interesting people, Engineers, Chemist, Production, Manufacturing, Great group of people
Shift Support / Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Morristown, TNFebruary 22, 2017
Great people. Great Company. Poor Managment at local site resulting in Best and Brightest leaving rapidly. It's very unfortunate because some of the best people I've known work here but are and will be stagnant as their superiors are in constant flux and disarray. I love Colgate Palmolive. They have been extremely good to me and I mourn leaving, however there is no longer a future for me in a role that I cannot own or be proud of. I love my people and team and wish them the very best.
Pros
Wonderful site, wonderful people
Cons
Terrible work life balance, 6-7 days per week due solely to mismanagement and lack of accountability.
Technical mechanic (Former Employee) –  Municipio de Juncos, PRFebruary 21, 2017
Good place to work, highly trained staff, good employee compensation, fun and family atmosphere. Colgate product line for employees.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
They moved from Puerto Rico
Great company and culture
Global Marketing Communications, Digital Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 20, 2017
Smart colleagues, excellent benefits and an overall good company. High employee retention rate speaks volumes of the company. Excellent values which are weaved into the company culture.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Colgate-Palmolive. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3