Colgate-Palmolive Employee Reviews

Worked there for over 18 years , not the same as when I started there .
Preventative Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJDecember 2, 2016
Colgate Palmolive moved the Morristown , NJ operations to Hodges SC. I did have the opportunity to reapply for a position there but decided to look for other opportunities in the SC area .
After experiencing Colgate's cost savings attempts , in many ways it is apparent that Colgate does not value it's employees , they only say they do . Remember : " It's not how good you really are , it's how good you look to investors . " and " This is the way it is if you don't like it there's the door . " Colgate used to have a sign in manufacturing that read " Attitude is everything " But no one knew WHO'S attitude was right . Management created a certain attitude that I nor many others wanted to deal with anymore .
Pros
Benefits were slightly better than other smaller companies .
Cons
The management aggravation was not worth the money .
No place to go in cambridge information technology
IT analyst (Former Employee) –  Cambridge OhioApril 14, 2016
I work in Information Technology at a Colgate Plant in Cambridge Ohio. The days are long and you are tied to your cell phone 24 x 7. Unless you are in New Jersey your efforts are ignored and there is 0 room for advancement.

The Colgate GIT management enclave is very tight clique, if you are not a part they will use your contributions to help themselves and nobody else.

Stay away from GIT in this organization unless you are desperate for experience on your resume

The pay may seem ok but do not let it fool you. In the end your hourly wage will be minimal for the work required
Pros
People outside of IT GIT are still OK
Cons
terrible management, long hours, med pay
Conservative, Restrictive, Political, Downsizing
Global Information Technology Manager (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, OHJanuary 30, 2016
Work Life balance is good, workload comes and goes depending on projects and time of year.

The company offers great exposure to global projects and you can progress if you are willing to relocate.

In IT they follow a very rigid set of guidelines and standards, audits are common. There is no room to be creative in the IT arena.

Lower level managers are not empowered to make decisions and the work environment is definitely not google. You need to wear plain black or blue jacket to climb the ladder.

The company is moving its technical pool overseas. Any IT positions left outside of the business centers will be Project and Third Party management focused. An IT position outside of the main office or a business hub will not offer a lot of room for advancement unless you relocate
Pros
good benefits, pay is not bad, some flexibility
Cons
conservative, restricting, old school, management does not listen or communicate well
Best place to work.
ELECTRICIAN - CRAFT TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJAugust 19, 2016
Great work-life balance, friendly atmosphere and supportive management who encourage you to achieve your goal.
Open to knowledge sharing and learning.
Interaction with cross-cultural people.
NIce company
MATERIAL CONTROL SPECIALIST (MCS) (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJSeptember 13, 2016
I have been employed for almost 20 years and I owed of my life and what I have to this company. Amazing employer. I feel sad because they had to move the operations to south Carolina. They offered me the opportunity to work in the new location but I wasn't able to move over there. Colgate-Palmolive is an excellent employer. They take care about their employees. The severance package was well decent and fair.
Pros
Compensation, gain sharing bonuses, excellent healthy package and stable company
Cons
I have no comments
Great Place to Work! Great environment and culture, that cares about the employees.
Chemical Engineering Pilot Plant Co-op (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJNovember 4, 2016
Everyone I met was very friendly and helpful. I learned a lot working there, and if there was ever something I wanted to learn about I was always welcome to sit in one day and see what someone else's project was about. I worked closely with engineers, scientists and technicians.
Pros
On site Cafeteria, Everyone was Friendly, Great Benefits.
Cons
a little disorganized at times.
Multicultural atmosphere is an excellent inside into other countries and their mores.
Creative Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 27, 2016
A typical day at work starts early as I have globals partners who are a minimum of six hours ahead of the UST.

I honed my global negotiating skills.

Great at managing internal and external suppliers and have many endorsements on Linked In.

The most challenging part of the job is managing unreasonable clients with near impossible deadlines. These individuals generally do not understand the process of how to launch a product with disregard to timelines.

I love the challenge of the multifaceted aspects of the job and working with cross functional teams.
Pros
Health care
Cons
Frequent change in senior management
Good place
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Guayama Municipio, PRJuly 2, 2016
Good place to gain experience had little to none benefits for all employees. Management was caring. Great opportunity to broaden your knowledge in different fields.
The greatest to date
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSMarch 25, 2016
This company understands how to remain one of the top leaders in the community. The culture is amazing and they treat their employees like family. You feel valued and needed everyday that you walk in the door. Everyone is happy, helpful and friendly. I get up every morning anticipating going to work with the greatest urgency. State of the art training with awesome advancement opportunities that is encouraged. This is the one to beat!
Fantastic job and people
Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 18, 2016
Started as a 20yr old worked five years in plant then completed 4yr apprentice program to become Instrument Tech. We were ln charge of repair and calibration of all instruments plan wide. Also took care of new installations of instruments plant wide
Pros
Ability to learn trade, good benefits
Cons
Working in a lot of hazardous locations and coming in contact with some bad chemicals
Professional, inclusive
Customer Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  JamaicaNovember 29, 2016
Great training. As Customer marketing manager I was responsible for business development and channel performance for the wholesale market. I achieved marked success. My manager at the time was extremely supportive and innovative. The culture was great - inclusive and engaging.
Great Benefits
Associate Business Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSNovember 5, 2016
This is company has great health benefits and an excellent tuition reimbursement program. However, they are outsourcings jobs outside of the country. They don't value their employees like they used to.
Pros
God benefits
Cons
outsourcing jobs
Mid Size Oral Care company
Senior Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJNovember 29, 2016
Weak on R&D. Very easy going in the lab. Co-workers are all very nice. Working hours are not as flexible as you expect. Managements are all relax and easy going.
Pros
People are all nice
Cons
May not be your life long job
Productive work environment
Plant Microbiology (Former Employee) –  Guayama, PRMarch 26, 2016
Ensure all testing is performed according to corporate methods and policy and adheres to good microbiological practices. This includes the set up and administration of a laboratory quality assurance system that covers method and material qualification as well as equipment IQ/OQ/PQ, calibration & maintenance.
Understand and use basic laboratory safety equipment and instructions, precautions in handling and disposing of biological materials, in accordance with local environmental regulations.
Ensures that the reporting of data and maintenance of records are documented. Also, that the interpretation of the data is correct and that the results are effectively communicated to appropriate individuals, including management.
Pros
compromised employees
Cons
sales volume decreses
A great place to develop forklift skills
Forklift Operator/Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GANovember 23, 2015
On a typical at work I pull orders load and unload trucks. I was blessed to learn a new skill using an RF scanner and developed my order picking skills as well as my forklift maneuvering skills. Management was great, showed appreciation for the work that was preformed. My co-workers was great as well. Very friendly and willing to teach atmosphere. The hardest part about my job was working the grave yard shift. The most enjoyable part was the challenging and competitive spirt of my co-workers to reach highest times and numbers of production. Being I'm a very competitive and love a challenge this was perfect for me.
Pros
Developed my skills as forklift operator
Cons
No excitement. No team No advancment
Good place to work.
Blow Mold Technician (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJAugust 15, 2016
Good work environment, good pay and benefits. It is a shame they are closing down the Morristown NJ plant. I can say my 14+ years here has been good.
Great work environment and culture
Research Scientist (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJune 20, 2016
Colgate is a great place to enjoy both work and lives! Colleagues are very friendly and always willing to help. Great benifits
A competitive company in a challenging market
Vendedor / Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRMay 19, 2016
Working every day to meet the expectations of the company.
In an environment where I learned to work under pressure, effective management time and teamwork abilities.
Pros
develop sales skills and interpersonal relationships
Cons
little job growth to seek better rewards
Traditional CPG marketing training including politics
Associate Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 25, 2015
Garnered strong analytical training in traditional CPG marketing. As marketer on commercial side implementing product launches (as opposed to innovation team), sacrificed work-life balance in process. Worked most weekends in addition to long days in office. Typical smart colleagues with strong b-school degrees get rotated regularly through different businesses. High turnover in marketing, whereas other functions in company are more stable. Those marketers who are best at presentations and politics fare best in company. Process-ridden and bureaucratic--be prepared to spend lots of time reworking presentations when not in back-to-back meetings.
Pros
F500 benefits
Cons
Lack of work-life balance
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Valencia, GJanuary 19, 2016
Great company to work.

I learned a lot from it. Since it was a manufacturing plant, I had the opportunity to have field work. The only bad thing I could find was that sometimes you would need to stay longer hours to finish your duties, but not everyday.
Pros
Lots of benefits, friendly work enviroment
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Colgate-Palmolive. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4