Colgate-Palmolive Employee Reviews

Shift Support / Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Morristown, TNFebruary 22, 2017
Great people. Great Company. Poor Managment at local site resulting in Best and Brightest leaving rapidly. It's very unfortunate because some of the best people I've known work here but are and will be stagnant as their superiors are in constant flux and disarray. I love Colgate Palmolive. They have been extremely good to me and I mourn leaving, however there is no longer a future for me in a role that I cannot own or be proud of. I love my people and team and wish them the very best.
Pros
Wonderful site, wonderful people
Cons
Terrible work life balance, 6-7 days per week due solely to mismanagement and lack of accountability.
Technical mechanic (Former Employee) –  Municipio de Juncos, PRFebruary 21, 2017
Good place to work, highly trained staff, good employee compensation, fun and family atmosphere. Colgate product line for employees.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
They moved from Puerto Rico
Great company and culture
Global Marketing Communications, Digital Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 20, 2017
Smart colleagues, excellent benefits and an overall good company. High employee retention rate speaks volumes of the company. Excellent values which are weaved into the company culture.
Great place to be....once your in
Receptionist & Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2017
Great place to work...once you get in. Very diverse and they make a genuine effort to live the company values of Caring, Global Teamwork, and Continuous Improvement.

Great Benefits and Employee perks!
Pros
Benefits, Company Perks, and Stability
Cons
Hard to move around within the company....competitive, possible favoritism.
i did review
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Hodges, SCFebruary 2, 2017
it was a good job just the lack of stay busy,i love the people, it was real clean an stayed clean. we pallitized pretty much all day an we cleaned but on slow days time go slow
long hours, no work life balance
Warehouse & Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNFebruary 1, 2017
Currently sending management jobs to other countries in order to reduce salary cost. There is no work life balance; just how to balance more work in your life.
easy work no room for advancement
Operator Technician (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, OHJanuary 27, 2017
the daily duties are really easy to perform and it is not a physically or mentally taxing job there is no room for advancement and there is a lot of drama which is usually associated with a factory. the co workers were great and management is understanding of most hardships that you may face.
Pros
great coworkers and good insurance
Cons
swing shifts and not a good work/ life balance
Great work environment
Filler Operator (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJJanuary 26, 2017
Excellent team work. Overtime availability. Room for growth. Helpful and hands on Managers and Supervisors. 3 shifts. Flexible. Vacation and pto's given. Exceptional medical and dental plans. Along with vision.
Highly staffed with seniors who know the job and are willing to teach. On the job training.
Friendly Environment
Technician (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJJanuary 26, 2017
Good benefits, salary and vacation time.
I learned that networking and knowing people is very important here.
Great benefits and competitive pay is at CP
It was a very interesting place to work
Corporate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAJanuary 24, 2017
I had to operate a high-capacity, multi-line phone system, receive all guests and provide customer service, and perform tasks using Microsoft Office and Lotus. l learned Lotus and SAP, and about many of the products that were created. Management was always very helpful and courteous. The office had a laid back atmosphere,but was always very professional with highly motivated employees. Because of the location of the reception desk, many times there wasn't much personal interaction, but I established some long-lasting friendships while I was there.
Pros
It was a very nice atmosphere to work in
Cons
Not always having personal interaction with employees
People are very friendly
Marketing Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 19, 2017
• Good work life balance
• People are friendly and willing to help
• Company is organized
• Position was not challenging at all
• Colgate has great benefits, we had food allowance, cafeteria with great healthy meals that were subsidized, a very nice office
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Too conservative sometimes
Overall, a good company
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Morristown, TNJanuary 16, 2017
A typical day is approximately 12 to 13 hours, depending on production demand. The culture varies greatly by department and supervisor. The culture has changed greatly over the past few years, however.
Pros
Good salary, Education is paid
Cons
Toxic culture depending on department
Family oriented company, great work/home balance, competitive salary
Reserach Scientist (Former Employee) –  Piscataway NJJanuary 11, 2017
Worked independently on research project to achieve project goal. Much flexibility on ways to research, instrumentation and bench work. Work included formulation of homecare products and from time to time a larger scale up of formulation (if successful at bench level). Analytical procedures were used to verify the performance of products using self produced SOP's.
Pros
Flexibility in research
Cons
Lack of management input and involvement
Fast Paced but difficult working environment
Process Engineer/Tech Transfer (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSJanuary 5, 2017
Large public company with broad international reach with many opportunities for advancement. Does not manage or care about employees very well. Often forces overtime and off shift work without advanced notice. Anything not within your specific job title is held strictly confidential. Very politically motivated environment with an aging workforce stuck in poor habits.
Pros
Large and international
Cons
Management, Communication, Benefits, Coworker Interaction
Not fun work place
Reception. (Former Employee) –  MalaysiaDecember 24, 2016
I work in there at the reception by security guard. I have to receive & send documents, guid visitors. And provide access card for visitors. Provide cheque for contractor. Etc
Cons
Productive work place and easygoing environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 20, 2016
I shared an office with two other interns. We all worked on projects together and helped each other out with the work load. My boss gave me assignments that would take a couple of days to do. I was always busy. Boss was kind and understanding. Most enjoyable part of the job was getting to experience work in a professional setting.
Pros
Discounts at company store
Cons
No cons.
Customer Development Manager - Caribbean Markets (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRDecember 15, 2016
Colgate Palmolive is a great company with great products. It's strategy is simple, manufacture top quality products and influence it's sales with great marketing.
Worked there for over 18 years , not the same as when I started there .
Preventative Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJDecember 2, 2016
Colgate Palmolive moved the Morristown , NJ operations to Hodges SC. I did have the opportunity to reapply for a position there but decided to look for other opportunities in the SC area .
After experiencing Colgate's cost savings attempts , in many ways it is apparent that Colgate does not value it's employees , they only say they do . Remember : " It's not how good you really are , it's how good you look to investors . " and " This is the way it is if you don't like it there's the door . " Colgate used to have a sign in manufacturing that read " Attitude is everything " But no one knew WHO'S attitude was right . Management created a certain attitude that I nor many others wanted to deal with anymore .
Pros
Benefits were slightly better than other smaller companies .
Cons
The management aggravation was not worth the money .
Mid Size Oral Care company
Senior Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJNovember 29, 2016
Weak on R&D. Very easy going in the lab. Co-workers are all very nice. Working hours are not as flexible as you expect. Managements are all relax and easy going.
Pros
People are all nice
Cons
May not be your life long job
Professional, inclusive
Customer Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  JamaicaNovember 29, 2016
Great training. As Customer marketing manager I was responsible for business development and channel performance for the wholesale market. I achieved marked success. My manager at the time was extremely supportive and innovative. The culture was great - inclusive and engaging.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Colgate-Palmolive. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3