Colgate-Palmolive Employee Reviews

Global Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 3, 2016
International culture, open end resources, supportive team work, and opportunities to grow for those willing to invest in required efforts.
Conservative, Restrictive, Political, Downsizing
Global Information Technology Manager (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, OHJanuary 30, 2016
Work Life balance is good, workload comes and goes depending on projects and time of year.

The company offers great exposure to global projects and you can progress if you are willing to relocate.

In IT they follow a very rigid set of guidelines and standards, audits are common. There is no room to be creative in the IT arena.

Lower level managers are not empowered to make decisions and the work environment is definitely not google. You need to wear plain black or blue jacket to climb the ladder.

The company is moving its technical pool overseas. Any IT positions left outside of the business centers will be Project and Third Party management focused. An IT position outside of the main office or a business hub will not offer a lot of room for advancement unless you relocate
Pros
good benefits, pay is not bad, some flexibility
Cons
conservative, restricting, old school, management does not listen or communicate well
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Valencia, GJanuary 19, 2016
Great company to work.

I learned a lot from it. Since it was a manufacturing plant, I had the opportunity to have field work. The only bad thing I could find was that sometimes you would need to stay longer hours to finish your duties, but not everyday.
Pros
Lots of benefits, friendly work enviroment
Great People
Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 5, 2016
Everybody was very friendly since the start, they would make sure to teach me anything i did not already know. Great people to work with!!!
Pros
Free Gatorade
Cons
Boring job
Slit/re-wind Operator (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJDecember 8, 2015
ColgatePalmolive was the best company I ever worked for except for my manager, job advancements and job work/life balance.
Very diverse place to work at.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Hodges, SCDecember 2, 2015
Was only in start up phase so haven't really been doing to much. But job duties were to make sure the lines running had what they need to run for the day.
It can be a good place to work
DIRECTOR OF REGULATORY AFFAIRS FOR THE AMERICAS (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSNovember 24, 2015
Benefits are excellent. The company has changed over the past several years. There tends to be a high employee turnover rate in key areas.
Pros
Pay
Cons
A great place to develop forklift skills
Forklift Operator/Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GANovember 23, 2015
On a typical at work I pull orders load and unload trucks. I was blessed to learn a new skill using an RF scanner and developed my order picking skills as well as my forklift maneuvering skills. Management was great, showed appreciation for the work that was preformed. My co-workers was great as well. Very friendly and willing to teach atmosphere. The hardest part about my job was working the grave yard shift. The most enjoyable part was the challenging and competitive spirt of my co-workers to reach highest times and numbers of production. Being I'm a very competitive and love a challenge this was perfect for me.
Pros
Developed my skills as forklift operator
Cons
No excitement. No team No advancment
Supportive team and real life projects
Product Development Intern (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJNovember 20, 2015
Great manager, great mentor. Trained me on almost every aspect related to the project I was working on. Showed interest about my career goals and was flexible with scheduling due to school matters.
Pros
Supportive team, flexible schedules
Cons
Not many
willing to learn
want to lern (Former Employee) –  Sanford, MENovember 12, 2015
You got work i need work and want to lern anything you can show me i worked my last job for ten years and have only had a couple of jobs in my life i will lern and do what i got to do to progress in this company
I like the fact that you perform a different job every day
Packing and Shipping (Current Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAOctober 27, 2015
I think colgate/Palmolive provides an excellent opportunity for people who have previous convictions and a very flexible work schedule.The customer service and management is also good.
Pros
See review
Cons
just like any other job it varies with the attitude of the employees
Overall great place to work
Finishing Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSOctober 4, 2015
I can honestly say this is the best job I've ever had. I can't complain about one thing. I wished that plant would have never closed, I will still be employed with a great company.
Colgate Palmolive Review
Retail Category Development Analyst Giant Eagle (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg ILSeptember 30, 2015
Very rigid corporate structure with a thick political environment. This is challenging to deal with but Colgate is a solid financial company.
Great place to work with room for advancement.
Route Account Mgr (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville FloridaSeptember 26, 2015
Company allows you to work independently and provides education to help you succeed. Promotes from within the company to obtain advanced training.
Pros
Good Pay and great benefits
Cons
Constant change within business structure.
DRIVING ALL DAY TO VISIT DENTISTS AROUND THE ISLAND.
Oral Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Guaynabo, PRSeptember 19, 2015
IT WAS VERY FLEXIBLE WITH THE WORKING HOURS, SINCE I WAS ABLE TO CREATE MY ROUTE AN SCHEDULE FOR ANY PARTICULAR DAY. HOWEVER, WORKING MONTHS WERE VERY UNSTABLE.
Pros
FLEXIBILITY
Cons
JOB INSECURITY
Analyst
Associate Business Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJSeptember 18, 2015
Fun place to work and learn, great location and compensation. Lots of room for growth. Great internship program as well.
LAB TECHNICIAN 2 (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJSeptember 10, 2015
Ive learned alot about working in a pilot plant
All my co-workers are very friendly
Everyone is very open to questions and showing me new things
Pros
flexible ours
Cons
no benefits
Production oriented atmosphere,quality and quantity are very important.
Senior Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Morristown, N.J.August 26, 2015
A twelve hour shift requiring 100% focus on all details relating to production. The benefits and salary were very motivating. A team environment is necessary to have a successful shift.
Operator (Current Employee) –  Morristown TNAugust 24, 2015
Fun. easy going job. The people are very nice and the benefits are good.
Free on site gym and very nice health insurance. I really like working here.
Great company
COST ACCOUNTING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 9, 2015
First full time employemnt out of college. Gained plant manufacturing experiencer along with corporate work experience. Great staff and was enjoyable.
Pros
good company

4.4