Colgate-Palmolive Employee Reviews

Worked independently and very relaxed atmosphere
Bar Soap Finishing Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSSeptember 21, 2017
12 hour days / 3 day rotations (3 days on 3 days off) which I loved.
1 hour lunch breaks.
Winter coats/ jackets and work shoes provided.
Management trusted you to perform you job with little interaction.
Employees recognition for error free quarters.
Nurse on staff.
Would still be working there if they had not shut the plant down.
Pros
Best job ever.
Colgate-Palmolive
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 21, 2017
Colgate-Palmolive is a great company to work for, it has many great benefits to help employee balance family-work life. The workplace culture at Colgate is family oriented.
Paid for the job you do
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  KansasSeptember 20, 2017
CP pays well and has the best benefits in the industry... but you work for them. High energy, very demanding (but rewarding) atmosphere. Life/balance is available but you have to claim it for yourself --- If you are about continuous improvement and working hard for big rewards - it's the place for you!
Pros
Excellent Benefits, Pay
Cons
Demanding, High Stress
Good Work / Life Balance
Various Positions - please see resume (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2017
I always enjoyed working at Colgate-Palmolive Company. New management came in and then the style at CP changed immensely. New management = out with the old and in with the new.
Cool
Production Line Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXSeptember 17, 2017
Great place to work. You could literally zone out and get done with your work without a problem. They had a nice luch area and it was extremely clean.
Pros
Great
Cons
You work until they find a machine to replace you
Kelly employees are treated unfairly.
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Morristown, TNSeptember 16, 2017
I’m going to lay this out as plain and honest as I can. As a current Kelly service employee at Colgate-Palmolive, my job is to inspect parts as they are created and loaded onto lines to be filled with toothpaste. The machines are extremely fast, so much that I find running one line to be stressful, and lots of times, I run three or four lines which is nearly unbearable. None of the other full-time Colgate-Palmolive employees will dare to help you as you run back and forth, struggling to keep the lines going. Those employees either play on their phones or walk around with their hands in their pockets. The shift team leader over Kelly employees (who also is a Kelly employee), is quite possibly the laziest person there who constantly has a problem with everyone, the “drama queen,” if you will. Management in general is absolutely ridiculous; they do not enforce the rules. A very, very horrible place to work and I do not recommend unless you cannot find a job anywhere else.
Pros
Most people are nice.
Cons
Extremely fast. Short breaks. Lack of assistance. Terrible management.
Great Comoany
Credit union manager (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJSeptember 11, 2017
Would definitely recommend this company. Spent many years here approximately 20. Friendly co-workers. Relaxed environment. Beautiful newer campus just built
Pros
Family Oriented
Cons
Cafeteria not so exciting
Fun place to work
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 4, 2017
Living pay check to pay check working here. The job is not far. The people are awesome to work with. The temperature is ok as well. The work is very easy.
very productive, good interaction with wharehouse crew
Driver (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 31, 2017
Good opportunity to work around professionals, Vet Tech, and Doctors
Gaining knowledge of different issues that may occur with pets and animals, and advice with boarding for pets and animals.
Pros
Newer equipment, clean enviorment, good co-workers
Cons
Short breaks, lot of driving, traffic back-ups
Liquid skid Technician (Current Employee) –  Hodges, SCAugust 31, 2017
Need some diversity training throughout the entire organization in Hodges, South Carolina. The management team is not focused enough on the process and making the job streamline with such tools as standard work procedures and actual training on the job. I feel that experienced leaders who really care about the employees would make this a top of the line facility to be a part of.
Productive, Fun, Inspiring
Contributions Department Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 28, 2017
I worked as a paid-intern in the Contributions Department where I reviewed proposals from non-profit organizations in inner-cities, managed bills, and planned events. It was so interesting to see how the non-profit organizations thrived off of the companies that supported them and were really making a big difference in those communities. The people were great and extremely supportive and friendly.
Very interesting place to work for
Sr. Revenue Analyst (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 18, 2017
I've learn a lot in the finance business, my responsibilities was collections, credit and deductions. Also responsible for the customer profiles and credit limit.
Ups and downs
Operations Technician (Current Employee) –  Hodges, SCAugust 15, 2017
The plant is still in start up. There are good days and bad. The machines still have a lot of work that needs to be done. At times the machines run with no problems.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
People
Very good job
Machinist/Labor Pool (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSAugust 14, 2017
Learned much from production to ajax maker,to shipping and receiving to Machinist apprenticeship which got downsized halfway through but learned most of my machining and pump work here,from grinding my own lathe tools to custom machining and repair/troubleshooting of steam pumps,centrifugal pumps,positive-displacement pumps,air pumps,steam turbines,air pumps,gear boxes,blowers,electric motor end bell bearings,alignbore,sleeve,and maintaining all areas of production,we did it all.Eventual downsizing and plant closure.Got most of my work experience here.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Downsizing and closure
Fantastic Company!!
Engineer Level I & II (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJAugust 5, 2017
The work is demanding and rewarding. I was able to learn in a high stress environment and will be forever grateful that I was able to cut my teeth in that job.
Pros
great culture
Cons
only good things to say about Colgate-Palmolive
good paying company but treat employees like they dont matter
operator tech (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNJuly 29, 2017
good pay and benefits but management is poor. do not care about their employees. you are just a number and easily replaced. coworkers were good for the most part. no advancement. if you weren't an engineer you were looked down upon.
Pros
good pay and benefits, good breaks
Cons
culture is poor, morale is low, management is a joke, HR doesnt care about employee issues
Company support success. Wants all employees to succeed.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJJuly 18, 2017
Management is in constant communication with employees. Objectives, expectations, and projects are clearly defined and constantly tracked to ensure employees are invested in progress.
Pros
Good work environment. Supportive colleagues.
Nice place to work
Oral Care Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Guaynabo, PRJuly 11, 2017
Nice place to work. You enjoy your day while working. Every day you are going to learn a little bit of the different areas of the company . Great experience.
good
VMS Cobol Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2017
 Redesign the salesman commission system and convert the ISAM files to Oracle.
 Designed and programmed an interface system that exchanged feeds with Nasdaq and the New York Stock Exchange.
 Responsible for the merging of new acquisitions into the new commission system.
 Reduced business disruption through close involvement with Change Management utilizing ITIL framework.
 Consulted with senior technical and business stake holders to capture strategic plans for future growth.
Productive great place to work
Senior Quality Documentation Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJJuly 4, 2017
Working at Colgate was an amazing experience; I got to learn a great deal from my manager and co workers. The work environment was one of the best, I have ever been in, they are very focused on team building and make great efforts to keep their employees happy, which is very much appreciated.
Pros
Free lunches during the hard times
Cons
when the printer breaks down? haha

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Colgate-Palmolive. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3