Colgate-Palmolive Employee Reviews

The greatest to date
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSMarch 25, 2016
This company understands how to remain one of the top leaders in the community. The culture is amazing and they treat their employees like family. You feel valued and needed everyday that you walk in the door. Everyone is happy, helpful and friendly. I get up every morning anticipating going to work with the greatest urgency. State of the art training with awesome advancement opportunities that is encouraged. This is the one to beat!
Productive work place and easygoing environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 20, 2016
I shared an office with two other interns. We all worked on projects together and helped each other out with the work load. My boss gave me assignments that would take a couple of days to do. I was always busy. Boss was kind and understanding. Most enjoyable part of the job was getting to experience work in a professional setting.
Pros
Discounts at company store
Cons
No cons.
Great work environment
Filler Operator (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJJanuary 26, 2017
Excellent team work. Overtime availability. Room for growth. Helpful and hands on Managers and Supervisors. 3 shifts. Flexible. Vacation and pto's given. Exceptional medical and dental plans. Along with vision.
Highly staffed with seniors who know the job and are willing to teach. On the job training.
Productive work environment
Plant Microbiology (Former Employee) –  Guayama, PRMarch 26, 2016
Ensure all testing is performed according to corporate methods and policy and adheres to good microbiological practices. This includes the set up and administration of a laboratory quality assurance system that covers method and material qualification as well as equipment IQ/OQ/PQ, calibration & maintenance.
Understand and use basic laboratory safety equipment and instructions, precautions in handling and disposing of biological materials, in accordance with local environmental regulations.
Ensures that the reporting of data and maintenance of records are documented. Also, that the interpretation of the data is correct and that the results are effectively communicated to appropriate individuals, including management.
Pros
compromised employees
Cons
sales volume decreses
Good place to work.
Blow Mold Technician (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJAugust 15, 2016
Good work environment, good pay and benefits. It is a shame they are closing down the Morristown NJ plant. I can say my 14+ years here has been good.
A great place to develop forklift skills
Forklift Operator/Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GANovember 23, 2015
On a typical at work I pull orders load and unload trucks. I was blessed to learn a new skill using an RF scanner and developed my order picking skills as well as my forklift maneuvering skills. Management was great, showed appreciation for the work that was preformed. My co-workers was great as well. Very friendly and willing to teach atmosphere. The hardest part about my job was working the grave yard shift. The most enjoyable part was the challenging and competitive spirt of my co-workers to reach highest times and numbers of production. Being I'm a very competitive and love a challenge this was perfect for me.
Pros
Developed my skills as forklift operator
Cons
No excitement. No team No advancment
Traditional CPG marketing training including politics
Associate Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 25, 2015
Garnered strong analytical training in traditional CPG marketing. As marketer on commercial side implementing product launches (as opposed to innovation team), sacrificed work-life balance in process. Worked most weekends in addition to long days in office. Typical smart colleagues with strong b-school degrees get rotated regularly through different businesses. High turnover in marketing, whereas other functions in company are more stable. Those marketers who are best at presentations and politics fare best in company. Process-ridden and bureaucratic--be prepared to spend lots of time reworking presentations when not in back-to-back meetings.
Pros
F500 benefits
Cons
Lack of work-life balance
i did review
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Hodges, SCFebruary 2, 2017
it was a good job just the lack of stay busy,i love the people, it was real clean an stayed clean. we pallitized pretty much all day an we cleaned but on slow days time go slow
Customer Development Manager - Caribbean Markets (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRDecember 15, 2016
Colgate Palmolive is a great company with great products. It's strategy is simple, manufacture top quality products and influence it's sales with great marketing.
Not fun work place
Reception. (Former Employee) –  MalaysiaDecember 24, 2016
I work in there at the reception by security guard. I have to receive & send documents, guid visitors. And provide access card for visitors. Provide cheque for contractor. Etc
Cons
Great work environment and culture
Research Scientist (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJune 20, 2016
Colgate is a great place to enjoy both work and lives! Colleagues are very friendly and always willing to help. Great benifits
Values initative
Global Supply Chain Intern (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJNovember 6, 2016
The company is very large and sometimes hard to figure out. Managers are extremely open and willing to guide and mentor you however. Best part about the job are the perks (company discounts).
Factory
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INOctober 24, 2016
Was a great place to work the place wasn't always easy but the people made it fun. I spent 25 years there and still miss it but made some great friends. I learned almost every job Process Technician, Supply Clerk, Inventory Control, Quality Assurance.
A competitive company in a challenging market
Vendedor / Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRMay 19, 2016
Working every day to meet the expectations of the company.
In an environment where I learned to work under pressure, effective management time and teamwork abilities.
Pros
develop sales skills and interpersonal relationships
Cons
little job growth to seek better rewards
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Valencia, GJanuary 19, 2016
Great company to work.

I learned a lot from it. Since it was a manufacturing plant, I had the opportunity to have field work. The only bad thing I could find was that sometimes you would need to stay longer hours to finish your duties, but not everyday.
Pros
Lots of benefits, friendly work enviroment
Fastpaste workplace enviorment
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Guaynabo, PRMarch 26, 2014
Visiting accounts “stores” in an assigned territory or in a given geography for a key account in order to achieve sales.
Negotiate 5Ps (Product, Price, Promotion, Placement, and POP) with customer and monitor their execution at store level / Prepared monthly summary reports of company gains, loss and delinquent accounts.
Provide customer service through a proactive, positive and personal approach.
Efficient execution of the order fulfillment process.
Ensuring complete delivery and on time, achieving purchase order to invoice.
Resolve order management, deductions and collection of oversight of inventory analysis planning including: management of refusals, transportation and delivery. Assigned Accounts: K-Mart, Capri, Walgreens & El Amal.
Cons
health insurance, company car, commisions compensation
Relaxed atmosphere and very family oriented company.
Relocation Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, New YorkApril 20, 2012
Enjoyed the professional and friendly environment. Enjoyed working with all levels of management and learned how to prioritize workload and deal with deadlines. Worked closely with various departments and had heavy interaction with co-workers in other areas of Human Resources. Most difficult part of my job in Human Resources was dealing with terminations and conducting exit interviews. I enjoyed mostly the diversity of the people and the many cultures that made up the talented workforce at Colgate-Palmolive.
Pros
flex work hours, half days on friday, great comprehensive benefits, employee activities committee
Cons
the distance to travel to work was over one hour
fantastic company with opportunities to learn everyday
Corporate Finance Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 6, 2016
I am extremely happy of such a company. You should grap an opportunity an this company with both hands open. This company has a long standing in the market and most of the employees never wish to leave the company. That's the reason they have low turnover ratio
Good Company
SAP EAM Implementation Team Member (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNMay 6, 2016
Help the company with their SAP system. The company seemed to invest in the company, and their employees. Management seemed to care.
Pros
Clean place to work.
Great benefits and work environment but high pressure
Associate Business Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJuly 28, 2014
Work was always challenging.
Co-workers had a team support mentality, management did not share this overall.
High pressure, lack of HR and management effort to fit staff in best position for the staff.
Promoted work-life balance but in reality did not support it and over tasked staff creating health issues.
Company did provide great benefits and in right area a long future.
Provided great educational support for those searching future degrees.
Pros
Great benefits, challenging environment.
Cons
Over tasking staff, lack of formal training. Jobs being moved to other countries.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Colgate-Palmolive. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3