Colgate-Palmolive

Colgate-Palmolive Employer Reviews

Opportunity to advance and improve skills
CHEMICAL OPERATOR, Process Technicial, Compounder (Current Employee), Morristown, NJOctober 25, 2013
Working as a part of a team. Management sets clear and achievable goals. Great and helpful co-workers. Strong effort placed on continuous improvement and Autonomous Maintenance.
Good place to learn and grow
Brand Manager (Former Employee), Central AmericaOctober 10, 2013
Pros: training, salary, reputation
Cons: long hours
The company provides extensive training, and plenty of career opportunities.
difficult place to work
Operations Technician (Current Employee), Emporia, KSOctober 4, 2013
Start up Management was not trained in the department they were leading
Great Growth Company
Customs Compliance and C-TPAT Manager (Former Employee), New York ,NYOctober 1, 2013
Pros: people oriented
Having spent 30+ years with this great organization I feel blessed to have this opportunity. Anyone looking for a people oriented organization that values contributions and participation should consider Colgate Palmolive. Im still a stock holder and will be forever.
Love it! Great work life Balance
Human Resources/ EOHS Administrator (Former Employee), Commerce, CASeptember 18, 2013
I wish they had more opportunity on the the west coast. Great Company that cares about their empolyees
Company with strong brand
Assistant Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Latin AmericaSeptember 16, 2013
Fun place to start a career. Career advancement is focused on MBAs professionals
Flexible
Quality Assurance/Control (Co-op) (Former Employee), Piscataway, NJAugust 16, 2013
very flexible if you go to school, great place have hands on experience, opportunity to explore
I was a temporary worker and my position ended
Lab Associate (Former Employee), Piscataway, NJAugust 12, 2013
This was a great experience. The mgnt and staff was great. I conducted various catalyst test.
Lots of hard, satisfying work in a conducive environemnt.
Technical Manager and Environemntal Co-ordinator. (Former Employee), KingstonJuly 29, 2013
Pros: unlimited toothpaste at company commissary.
The Technical Department starts work at 6:00 am along with the rest of the factory. Samples of all materials which make up the final product have to pass through the Technical Department for approval and we also have to sign off on the final product before it goes to market.
I learned that when people work as a team, there is nothing that they cannot – more... achieve.
Apart from my immediate staff, I particularly liked the Marketing Staff. We put their concepts on the shelves.
The hardest part was saying goodbye to old friends and colleagues.
The most enjoyable was seeing products that you gave birth to grow, mature and become market leader. – less
Very productive work place
Material Control Specialist/Backup Leader (Current Employee), Morristown, NJJuly 26, 2013
Pros: diverse working community
Cons: the company is relocating out of new jersey
Very efficient, diverse and friendly working environment

Colgate provides on the job training which provides for increases in their employee productivity
Great place to work as a team..
Retail Environment Specialist / Customer Marketing (Former Employee), Puerto RicoJuly 26, 2013
Excellent Management team, Great open door policy, Great team members…
Has been 12 years
Analyst, Technical Support Center (Former Employee), Topeka, KSJuly 24, 2013
a typical day at work in the beginning of my employment was working in the Warehouse Office managing the day to day operations of providing Pick Lists and Bills of Lading to truck drivers. I did some inventory management work and also provided the release of the product one we received the approval it had passed all quality testing. Then we began to – more... implement SAP and I worked with the Business Teams to design the business process and transaction codes that would be necessary to perform the Production Processing in the Plant.
Management was good to work for and the co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was leaving to move to Racine, WI. Again, the most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction between the end users and the Management Teams. I am a people person. – less
Productive work environment
Nutritional Consultant - Temp (Former Employee), Topeka, KS.July 12, 2013
Pros: good leadership and assistance was readily available.
Cons: the demands to meet quota's that we often didn't have enough people to complete.
Very productive team as we remained on the phones 95% of day to provide customer service to callers concerning Hills products. I had a very good team to work with and our department overall was active, supportive, and worked well together.
Great Place to Work
Analyst (Former Employee), AtlantaJuly 1, 2013
Colgate is a great place to work. Good pay and benefits, great opportunities to advance your career if you are willing to move around, good people.
A Friendly Corporate Environment
Intern at US Marketing, Manual Toothbrush Division (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 28, 2013
This was an environment that was very dedicated to it's responsibilities, but not at the cost of professional development and interpersonal communication (both professional and non-professional). An ideal place for growth and learning. Many resources and support available to those who seek them. Great bosses and co-workers.
Good management, Excellent people and Great culture.
Finance Intern, Global Design and Packaging (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 15, 2013
It is a great global company where I have learned and better developed myself.
Processed Faxed Orders for Clinics across the country
Fax and Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Topeka, KSMay 7, 2013
Pros: 4-10 hour days
After booting up the computer and logging into Avaya, I would log into SAP as a fax agent. I learned how to communicate with the warehouse through Lotus Notes (Sametime contacts) and send messages to drivers through Xatanet for shipments to particular locations. Alaska and Hawaii included, as helping with drop shipments and cross-docks. If a particular – more... warehouse was out of a product, we would have to conduct an alternate source procedure and pull it out of another warehouse that was somewhat close. Management was easy to work with, breaks and lunches were mostly on time and getting hit with multiple orders before the "breaks" were the toughest part of the job. I enjoyed the people that I worked with, getting to solve "out of stock" issues and keying credits for particular offices. – less
ethical company - hard to find
Sr Technical Associate/ Fragrance Evaluation (Former Employee), Piscataway, NJMay 6, 2013
Pros: decent benefits when i was an employee (still good but not as good), allows personal growth while encouraging teamwork
Cons: can tend to be too conservative in marketing new products
I worked at the company for 34 years & was given the opportunity and space to create a unique & stimulating career

Traveled frequently to Asia/Pacific, India, South America & Europe which was priceless in terms of life lessons

I loved my work - not every day, but almost every day
Cares for its employees and enacts teamwork
Purchasing & Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), PRMay 6, 2013
Pros: trainings
Managed overall aspects of Purchasing and warehousing operations such as: Receiving, Shipping, MRO Purchasing, Spare Parts and SAP Data Entry. Lead physical inventories. Communicated and coordinated all materials transfer and dispatch activities to meet the production plan assuring adequate inventory controls. Ensured that all production was reported – more... in SAP and Shop Floor and reconcile discrepancies related with production reporting process. Reconciled and investigated variances within SAP systems related to the Warehouse/Spare Parts/MRO Purchasing functions – less
Large compnay with many opportunities
Documentation Specialist (Current Employee), Morristown, NJMay 5, 2013
Pros: innovative, felxible, great benefits
Cons: limited income capabilites without a college degree
I have found Colgate to be a very people oriented company. The opportunities available however, are limited to those with a college degree regardless of experience and knowledge without the degree.

About Colgate-Palmolive

Colgate-Palmolive takes a bite out of grime. The company is a top global maker and marketer of toothpaste and soap and cleaning – Read more

Colgate-Palmolive Photos