Colgate-Palmolive Employee Reviews in United States

production area was fun and clean.Fun products to fun
Operator Technician II and III (Former Employee) –  Chaska, MNNovember 30, 2012
Always early for work to check in wants on the schedules for the day.Prep the line up for the days run.How to run lines at a fast pace.Change the lines over and to fit different sizes and shapes and product.Different laws and regulations that are out there for companys.Managers were great understanding, if you had a problem they would help you find the solutions to the problem. Working as a team was fun everyone willing to cross training each other.Hardest part of the job was at the company moved out of state.Working with the people to get the job done. Loved the products and how the ran. Working with my hands to get the job done right the first time. Just enjoyable place to work.
Pros
great health plans, medicial, dental, 401k, vaction time, holidays they paid, company parties
Cons
they moved
Very satisfying work and company treated people with respect and dignity
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 4, 2014
Lab testing on all finished and raw materials, micro testing, sanitation, creating documents; I learned how to run several pieces of lab equipment; co workers were friendly, knowledgeable and easy to get along with; the hardest part of the job was ensuring that product was tested correctly and in a timely manner for production needs; most enjoyable part of job was everything - I immensely enjoyed working here, the people were great and the pay was exceptional.
Pros
pay, benefits, great environment
Cons
facility was far from home
I like the fact that you perform a different job every day
Packing and Shipping (Current Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAOctober 27, 2015
I think colgate/Palmolive provides an excellent opportunity for people who have previous convictions and a very flexible work schedule.The customer service and management is also good.
Pros
See review
Cons
just like any other job it varies with the attitude of the employees
ethical company - hard to find
Sr Technical Associate/ Fragrance Evaluation (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJMay 6, 2013
I worked at the company for 34 years & was given the opportunity and space to create a unique & stimulating career

Traveled frequently to Asia/Pacific, India, South America & Europe which was priceless in terms of life lessons

I loved my work - not every day, but almost every day
Pros
decent benefits when i was an employee (still good but not as good), allows personal growth while encouraging teamwork
Cons
can tend to be too conservative in marketing new products
Ok company
Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJSeptember 16, 2014
Some of the best benefits (health, vacation, etc) when comparing to other companies.
Management is very conservative and it is extremely hard to make changes to practices already in place
Promotions tend to be based on politics rather than work accomplished
Little focus is put on developing and retaining young talent
Great People
Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 5, 2016
Everybody was very friendly since the start, they would make sure to teach me anything i did not already know. Great people to work with!!!
Pros
Free Gatorade
Cons
Boring job
A good company to work for.
team leader (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILDecember 30, 2014
The pay was good and the benefits were very good. Management was easy to work with overall. Co-workers were friendly. Training was provided and the company was always looking for continuous improvement.
Pros
pay and benefits
Encouraging, results driven organization
Global Supply Chain Intern (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJuly 16, 2015
As a Co-op, most of my day was spent independently working to help finish a wide variety of projects on time. The chances I got to work as part of a team towards a specific goal were especially rewarding. It was a very challenging position, as I was constantly charged with different tasks, many of which I had to learn about on-the-fly.

Management was very understanding, and always understood any delays that might occur as part of the job, and were always available to either help me directly or point me in the right direction should I encounter an obstacle I couldn't conquer myself
Very productive workplace. Not a fun environment.
Customer Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSApril 22, 2014
In my department, as soon as we log in we have five minutes to get everything pulled up on our computers. I use three different monitors due to the multitasking we have to do continuously. I key vet orders as fast as possible with as few mistakes as possible. These are checked on a weekly basis. I also switch from keying faxes to taking vet calls and taking orders over the phone or helping resolve order issues. When I am in queue to take calls and I am waiting for a call, I am keying returns on my other screen. I have learned to be very efficient. The coworkers around me right now all seem to be easy to work with. We have moved at least four times in the last few months. We pack up our desks and move and set back up, and then a few weeks later, we move again.It is hard to really get to know people around you, since you aren't around them long. The hardest part of the job is the constant changing. The most enjoyable part of the job is when things settle down a bit and I can get into a rythm, which helps me to relax, which causes me to work much better. There is a management team, so basically, we all have 5 or 6 supervisors. I prefer having one. It gives it more of a personal feel. This is all new, and is difficult to grasp all of the changes.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
at this time, no job security at all there.
Cross functional collaborative work atmosphere. Traditional conservative culture.
National Account Manager - Kmart (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 6, 2014
Overall good company to work for. Collaborative and cross functional culture. Analytics focused. Supportive teams.
Pros
summer fridays, telecommute options, good benefit package
Cons
small promotional salary increase
Good atmosphere and helpful co-workers
Research & Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJNovember 3, 2015
I didn't have any experience when I started here but there was always someone offering to help me when I asked. Workload was always manageable and everyone was very friendly and made time to talk even if they held higher up positions.
willing to learn
want to lern (Former Employee) –  Sanford, MENovember 12, 2015
You got work i need work and want to lern anything you can show me i worked my last job for ten years and have only had a couple of jobs in my life i will lern and do what i got to do to progress in this company
Very diverse place to work at.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Hodges, SCDecember 2, 2015
Was only in start up phase so haven't really been doing to much. But job duties were to make sure the lines running had what they need to run for the day.
Excellent Place to work
Regional Credit and Collections Manager (Current Employee) –  Guaynabo, PRApril 23, 2014
Colgate is has an reputation of being the Best Place to Work.
It is a Company to do a extense career.
A very people caring company and has values that support this.
Pros
work life balance - good compensation
An excellent, progressive company.
US Import and Export Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJAugust 6, 2015
Always looking for ways to be better, faster, more efficient......accepting status quo is never acceptable. I was given a great deal of responsibility early on in career. Ensuing positions were structured the same way. Colgate wants you to learn and grow and better the business. You are challenged to be the best you can be every day.
A good company to work for
Production supervisor - Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAFebruary 13, 2014
Colgate Palmolive was a good placed to work for, from the management side to all employees in different part of the business. They have very good benefits and compensation. The only reason I left it was because I moved and it was very far for me to travel.
Company Store is an excellent benefit
Senior International Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSSeptember 9, 2014
Great company with excellent bebefits. Great health insurance and work/life balance.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
declining sales
Great entry level sales experience
Field Sales (Current Employee) –  New YorkJuly 7, 2014
Colgate has a great almost unparalleled benefits package.
Day to day depends on the role but for the most part ethics is highly regarded within the organization.
Pros
discounts, benefits
Cons
management doesn't receive feedback well
Large compnay with many opportunities
Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJMay 5, 2013
I have found Colgate to be a very people oriented company. The opportunities available however, are limited to those with a college degree regardless of experience and knowledge without the degree.
Pros
innovative, felxible, great benefits
Cons
limited income capabilites without a college degree
Innovative, excellent products and support to veterinary profession
Consulting Veterinarian (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 19, 2013
Unsurpassed quality pet nutrition to veterinarians and pet owners
Continuous innovation
excellent support for development of associates
Highest support to profession in industry
Pros
unsurpassed quality products and dedicated, engaged team at all levels
Cons
compensation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Colgate-Palmolive. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4