Colgate-Palmolive

Colgate-Palmolive Employer Reviews

Has been 12 years
Analyst, Technical Support Center (Former Employee), Topeka, KSJuly 24, 2013
a typical day at work in the beginning of my employment was working in the Warehouse Office managing the day to day operations of providing Pick Lists and Bills of Lading to truck drivers. I did some inventory management work and also provided the release of the product one we received the approval it had passed all quality testing. Then we began to – more... implement SAP and I worked with the Business Teams to design the business process and transaction codes that would be necessary to perform the Production Processing in the Plant.
Management was good to work for and the co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was leaving to move to Racine, WI. Again, the most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction between the end users and the Management Teams. I am a people person. – less
Productive work environment
Nutritional Consultant - Temp (Former Employee), Topeka, KS.July 12, 2013
Pros: good leadership and assistance was readily available.
Cons: the demands to meet quota's that we often didn't have enough people to complete.
Very productive team as we remained on the phones 95% of day to provide customer service to callers concerning Hills products. I had a very good team to work with and our department overall was active, supportive, and worked well together.
Great Place to Work
Analyst (Former Employee), AtlantaJuly 1, 2013
Colgate is a great place to work. Good pay and benefits, great opportunities to advance your career if you are willing to move around, good people.
A Friendly Corporate Environment
Intern at US Marketing, Manual Toothbrush Division (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 28, 2013
This was an environment that was very dedicated to it's responsibilities, but not at the cost of professional development and interpersonal communication (both professional and non-professional). An ideal place for growth and learning. Many resources and support available to those who seek them. Great bosses and co-workers.
Good management, Excellent people and Great culture.
Finance Intern, Global Design and Packaging (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 15, 2013
It is a great global company where I have learned and better developed myself.
Processed Faxed Orders for Clinics across the country
Fax and Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Topeka, KSMay 7, 2013
Pros: 4-10 hour days
After booting up the computer and logging into Avaya, I would log into SAP as a fax agent. I learned how to communicate with the warehouse through Lotus Notes (Sametime contacts) and send messages to drivers through Xatanet for shipments to particular locations. Alaska and Hawaii included, as helping with drop shipments and cross-docks. If a particular – more... warehouse was out of a product, we would have to conduct an alternate source procedure and pull it out of another warehouse that was somewhat close. Management was easy to work with, breaks and lunches were mostly on time and getting hit with multiple orders before the "breaks" were the toughest part of the job. I enjoyed the people that I worked with, getting to solve "out of stock" issues and keying credits for particular offices. – less
ethical company - hard to find
Sr Technical Associate/ Fragrance Evaluation (Former Employee), Piscataway, NJMay 6, 2013
Pros: decent benefits when i was an employee (still good but not as good), allows personal growth while encouraging teamwork
Cons: can tend to be too conservative in marketing new products
I worked at the company for 34 years & was given the opportunity and space to create a unique & stimulating career

Traveled frequently to Asia/Pacific, India, South America & Europe which was priceless in terms of life lessons

I loved my work - not every day, but almost every day
Cares for its employees and enacts teamwork
Purchasing & Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), PRMay 6, 2013
Pros: trainings
Managed overall aspects of Purchasing and warehousing operations such as: Receiving, Shipping, MRO Purchasing, Spare Parts and SAP Data Entry. Lead physical inventories. Communicated and coordinated all materials transfer and dispatch activities to meet the production plan assuring adequate inventory controls. Ensured that all production was reported – more... in SAP and Shop Floor and reconcile discrepancies related with production reporting process. Reconciled and investigated variances within SAP systems related to the Warehouse/Spare Parts/MRO Purchasing functions – less
Large compnay with many opportunities
Documentation Specialist (Current Employee), Morristown, NJMay 5, 2013
Pros: innovative, felxible, great benefits
Cons: limited income capabilites without a college degree
I have found Colgate to be a very people oriented company. The opportunities available however, are limited to those with a college degree regardless of experience and knowledge without the degree.
One of the better companies in the market.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Piscataway, NJMay 4, 2013
Pros: good company - i still tell people if they can get in to work there do it!
Cons: some departments have inadequate management.
I worked there for many years under various titles. I started as a temporary then became a secretary and worked my way up to Global Documentum Administrator, Team Leader, Sr. Trainer and ended there as an Executive Assistant.
Squash Club Private
Purchasing Coordinator of indirect materials (Former Employee), Mexico, MOApril 25, 2013
1.- Send Purchasing Order,
2.- Price Negotiation
3.- Review Contract with Legal Department
4.- Solutions of Inventory
5.- Meeting, after, 5 pm.
6.- Achiviement of Objetives
physical work loading pallets with soap products, and driving fork truck.
Laborer/fork truck operator (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSApril 20, 2013
Pros: chance of learning a skill.
Cons: working different shifts.
Worked on line loading products on skids.
How to operate a fork truck.
Adequate, check progress hourly, made reports.
Typical workers.
Working different shifts.
Working days.
A very good company
SAP Basis Administrator (Current Employee), Topeka, KSApril 11, 2013
Compensated well.

One thing I do not like about my position is that I miss church once a month.
Good employers and benefits
Laboratory Analyst (Former Employee), PRApril 3, 2013
Every day work in sample and raw material analysis. Learn about how to do stability samples analysis.
Very good company
Packaging/Mixing Technician (Former Employee), Commerce, CAApril 2, 2013
A good working enviroment, multiple high speed packaging equiptment. Batching and extruding machinery.
Great Company to Start Professional Career
Business Analyst, Target (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 31, 2013
Great company to start professional career and gain lots of exposure to many different areas of the Consumer Packaged Goods Industry
bonuses and all kinds of employee activities and constant raises
Machine Operator/Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Morristown, NJMarch 30, 2013
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: grave yard shift
operated multiple machinery in the manufacturing field. manufacturing deodarant and liquid soap. learned how to performed preventive maintenance on multiply machines.
Productive and efficient
Office Services Manager (Former Employee), Topeka, KSMarch 11, 2013
Pros: job security
Cons: long work days
Expectations realistic. Supports staff to think outside the box and implements change if suggestions are realistic and justifications made support the change.
Fun and very professional
Product Manager, Dental Creams (Former Employee), Guaynabo, PRFebruary 25, 2013
This was my school in marketing and where I meat my mentor. Great memories of strat development, campaign implementation, school and professional programs.
Territory Manager
Territory Manager (Current Employee), Lawrence, KSFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: car, tuition, bonus
Cons: travel
absolutely a great company to work for, and a lot of great support behind the products that I sell.

About Colgate-Palmolive

Colgate-Palmolive takes a bite out of grime. The company is a top global maker and marketer of toothpaste and soap and cleaning – Read more

Colgate-Palmolive Photos