Colgate-Palmolive Employee Reviews

Driving all day to visit dentists around the island.
Oral Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Guaynabo, PRSeptember 19, 2015
It was very flexible with the working hours, since I was able to create my route an schedule for any particular day. However, working months were very unstable.
Pros
FLEXIBILITY
Cons
JOB INSECURITY
Analyst
Associate Business Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJSeptember 18, 2015
Fun place to work and learn, great location and compensation. Lots of room for growth. Great internship program as well.
LAB TECHNICIAN 2 (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJSeptember 10, 2015
Ive learned alot about working in a pilot plant
All my co-workers are very friendly
Everyone is very open to questions and showing me new things
Pros
flexible ours
Cons
no benefits
Production oriented atmosphere,quality and quantity are very important.
Senior Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Morristown, N.J.August 26, 2015
A twelve hour shift requiring 100% focus on all details relating to production. The benefits and salary were very motivating. A team environment is necessary to have a successful shift.
Operator (Current Employee) –  Morristown TNAugust 24, 2015
Fun. easy going job. The people are very nice and the benefits are good.
Free on site gym and very nice health insurance. I really like working here.
Great company
COST ACCOUNTING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 9, 2015
First full time employemnt out of college. Gained plant manufacturing experiencer along with corporate work experience. Great staff and was enjoyable.
Pros
good company
Cons
An excellent, progressive company.
US Import and Export Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJAugust 6, 2015
Always looking for ways to be better, faster, more efficient......accepting status quo is never acceptable. I was given a great deal of responsibility early on in career. Ensuing positions were structured the same way. Colgate wants you to learn and grow and better the business. You are challenged to be the best you can be every day.
Fun place to work in
Associate Academic Affairs Manager (Former Employee) –  MalaysiaJuly 28, 2015
Fun place and able to explore opportunities. Will learn a lot in a short period of time and able to lead projects in the team. The professional oral care team is an extensive team with dedicated workforce to drive recommendation and sampling by the dentists
Multiculture and exciting environment, everyday is different
Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  South AmericaJuly 28, 2015
I typical day very busy with meetings across the organisation. I really enjoy being able to interact with different people, as brand manager I had to be in charge of several projects with challenging situations as a result I learnt about strategy, flawless execution via collaboration rather than competition. The hardest part of the job is dealing with short deadlines or life balance especially when we had reviews from head office.
Pros
Reputation, free lunch and product discount
Cons
life balance
People I worked with are very nice and I learned a lot from them.
QA Documentation Clerk - (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJJuly 26, 2015
Fun work place and supportive management.
Pleasant working environment.
Working as a team.
Co-workers are very nice to work with and learned a lot from them.
Working in various projects with the team.
Traditional CPG marketing training including politics
Associate Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 25, 2015
Garnered strong analytical training in traditional CPG marketing. As marketer on commercial side implementing product launches (as opposed to innovation team), sacrificed work-life balance in process. Worked most weekends in addition to long days in office. Typical smart colleagues with strong b-school degrees get rotated regularly through different businesses. High turnover in marketing, whereas other functions in company are more stable. Those marketers who are best at presentations and politics fare best in company. Process-ridden and bureaucratic--be prepared to spend lots of time reworking presentations when not in back-to-back meetings.
Pros
F500 benefits
Cons
Lack of work-life balance
Traveling to New York was difficult
Mailroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York CityJuly 21, 2015
Absolutely shown- up for work early. Got a head start on the routine of the mail room. Co-workers were a team that co-operated to the fullest. Management could not have been more supportive.
Pros
workplace
Encouraging, results driven organization
Global Supply Chain Intern (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJuly 16, 2015
As a Co-op, most of my day was spent independently working to help finish a wide variety of projects on time. The chances I got to work as part of a team towards a specific goal were especially rewarding. It was a very challenging position, as I was constantly charged with different tasks, many of which I had to learn about on-the-fly.

Management was very understanding, and always understood any delays that might occur as part of the job, and were always available to either help me directly or point me in the right direction should I encounter an obstacle I couldn't conquer myself
Highly ethical company
Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJuly 14, 2015
Typical Day at Work

My typical day at work includes distribution and electronic filing of Global Raw Material Qualification Reports and Global Quality Technical Agreements. I also assign control numbers to the technical agreements.

My responsibilities also include writing/editing Standard Operating Procedures and routing them via SAP's Document Management System. I am also the Global DMS Implementation Coordinator; I manage electronic documentation management system site launches around the world. I am currently working with sites that are located in Asia and Latin America. Previously I assisted sites in Australia and in Vietnam with their launches. The launch project includes training the new system administrators.

As a training database administrator, I assign GMP and Quality-related courses to users as requested. I also generate usage graphs for managers to evaluate and maximize system optimization.

What I Learned

I have learned how to manage documentation systems, and I've also learned how to communicate effectively via written and verbal avenues. Learning how to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously has been a significant personal lesson over the years.

Management can be quite critical of your best efforts. Coworkers are typically understanding and helpful. They are supportive and look out for others.

The hardest part of the job is electronic filing due to its mundane nature.

The most enjoyable part of the job is managing the global site launches for DMS, and receiving many accolades from coworkers in other countries on how
  more... much support they've received during the project.  less
Pros
Excellent health & work benefits; perks, discounts
Cons
Can be pigeon-holed into one type of job; limited work/life balance; high-stress environment
The Nightmare
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNJuly 10, 2015
Morristown TN was already a bad place to stay in for a few months but working through a Temp Service was to inconvenient for ever trying to expand your career.
Pros
Clean Factory
Cons
Working through a Temp Service you get ripped off
Productive but a bit repetitive
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNJuly 2, 2015
It was a great company to be employed; I however was a temporary employee and was unable to experience the benefits. A typical day at work included performing the same tests on a sample of each batch produced.
Overall good company in a challenging economy
Logistics Planning Specialist (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJune 22, 2015
Hill's Pet Nutrition is unfortunately on the decline due rising cost of materials in a struggling economy. Consumers can not afford to pay top dollar for pet food like they used to a decade ago.
Pros
Global company
Cons
Very limited opportunites for advancement without a degree
process driven
Global Business Practices Investigator (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 22, 2015
Although I enjoyed the fact policies and procedures were in place, most of the time work was delayed awaiting for management to approve/finalize in order to move on with workload.
Enjoyed the work with different teams
New challenges every day with life balance activities
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dominican RepublicJune 5, 2015
The Colgate Palmolive experience determined my rest of the life organization in terms of life management, personal administration and health life balance practices.
The team was also one of the most diverse group that I have shared with, and because of that one of most interesting environment for work.
Pros
Benefits (Health insurance, annual salary adjustment, stock market sharing, employee cafeteria and gym, etc)
great company
Operations Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNMay 13, 2015
Great company with corporate benefits and compensation comparable for the industry. Excellent employer for long-term employment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Colgate-Palmolive. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4