Colgate-Palmolive Employee Reviews in United States

Fun place to work in
Associate Academic Affairs Manager (Former Employee) –  MalaysiaJuly 28, 2015
Fun place and able to explore opportunities. Will learn a lot in a short period of time and able to lead projects in the team. The professional oral care team is an extensive team with dedicated workforce to drive recommendation and sampling by the dentists
Great company
COST ACCOUNTING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 9, 2015
First full time employemnt out of college. Gained plant manufacturing experiencer along with corporate work experience. Great staff and was enjoyable.
Pros
good company
Cons
Great people to work with. Long hours. Management changes frequent.
Plant Processing/Project, - Sr. Engineer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INJanuary 2, 2015
6am or 7am start day ending at 5pm or later depending on needs.

I learned a lot about "Supply Chain" budgets, and manufacturing in general. What all goes into putting product on a shelf..

In management, decisions are hard at time, but it is always better to be upfront and truthful to employees.

There were many changes happening at the same time.

The most enjoyable part was the laughter that surrounded the people that I worked with. They are very good people there.
Pros
good people
Stable company with Great people but lacking growth opportunities
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  New YorkFebruary 9, 2014
Overall Colgate is a good company to work for. The company has good management. The hardest part is getting an promotion.
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
lack of reward for top performance
Productive and fun workplace
Administrative Assistant IV (Executive Assistant) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 29, 2015
Amazing company to work for. They value employees and foster a collaborative environment. Focus on career development at all levels.
Sloppy
Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KSMarch 23, 2015
They say take your time and do your job right as the breath down your neck because production isn't high enough. They do not have a good safety culture and contradict themselves.
Cons
management
Well compensated for tedious work
Research and Development Intern (Current Employee) –  Piscataway NJNovember 14, 2014
My position tends not to have many challenges involved. I have been working on the same project for almost two years and do not do much analysis or thinking. The position could be filled by anyone willing to do a tedious task and needs little to no knowledge of fundamental chemistry. Job includes mostly taking and recording data.

Work enviornment isn't too bad. Most employees are a bit on the older side and the culture is very relaxed. However the employees tend to be more on the conservative side as far as social interactions are concerned.
Pros
relaxed work enviornment
Cons
maticulous work
My Former Mentor/Boss let me take the ball and run with it increasing level of packaging design and print innovations to win at shelf.
Sr Graphic Production Mgr, Strategic Brand Design (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 11, 2014
Great company to work for. I left when my most favorite Director retired (knew it was time for me to move on too) someone was brought in from the good old boys club who I knew had a very long and questionable background amongst all the high end suppliers in the industry... Too bad Colgate did not know about his history of shaking down vendors/suppliers so they could retain business. Sr Mgt finally caught up to some of the more obvious antics and fired the person who hired him and then only demoted demoted him because of ethnic and age background. Unfortunately I was long gone when this finally happened = Thank GOD...
Pros
fun to come to work each day, there was always a challenges, always pushed to pursue new technologies in design/print production with new suppliers
Cons
the very best department director that colgate ever had retired
Made mostly our own schedule
Driver (Former Employee) –  TXFebruary 13, 2013
Everyday was different. Different site visit, different location, different work load. I learned that there are people who really need the free service that was provided. And, there are people who abuse, abuse, abuse the system and need to lectured to all day long. Management was attempting to better each of the city programs. However the end awards always went to the pets. The hardest part of any job is killing people with kindness when they are a ranging pile of mess. the most enjoyable part of the job is watching the small kids faces light up when they get it. Realizing how important it is to take care of their teeth. Also, giving information to parents at retail sites visits that will help their children get out of pain.
Pros
working for a nationally reconized company
Cons
working for a nationally reconized company
Has been 12 years
Analyst, Technical Support Center (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJuly 24, 2013
a typical day at work in the beginning of my employment was working in the Warehouse Office managing the day to day operations of providing Pick Lists and Bills of Lading to truck drivers. I did some inventory management work and also provided the release of the product one we received the approval it had passed all quality testing. Then we began to implement SAP and I worked with the Business Teams to design the business process and transaction codes that would be necessary to perform the Production Processing in the Plant.
Management was good to work for and the co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was leaving to move to Racine, WI. Again, the most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction between the end users and the Management Teams. I am a people person.
Processed Faxed Orders for Clinics across the country
Fax and Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSMay 7, 2013
After booting up the computer and logging into Avaya, I would log into SAP as a fax agent. I learned how to communicate with the warehouse through Lotus Notes (Sametime contacts) and send messages to drivers through Xatanet for shipments to particular locations. Alaska and Hawaii included, as helping with drop shipments and cross-docks. If a particular warehouse was out of a product, we would have to conduct an alternate source procedure and pull it out of another warehouse that was somewhat close. Management was easy to work with, breaks and lunches were mostly on time and getting hit with multiple orders before the "breaks" were the toughest part of the job. I enjoyed the people that I worked with, getting to solve "out of stock" issues and keying credits for particular offices.
Pros
4-10 hour days
Great Company with true work-life balance, and great benefits
Oral Care Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 29, 2013
The company is great and the products we sell are top notch. The work day varies, because there are always different business opportunities and clients who need servicing occuring. The management team seems to turn over in some spots quite often, but the upper level managers have long tenure. I believe this is the reasoning for us being reactive to the competition as compared to proactive. The hardest part about the job is making sure that the follow up time is quick and that you stay on top of call notes so that business does not decrease. The most enjoyable part is knowing that the products we sell help people have beautiful, bright, healthy smiles.
team enviroment, interacting managers, fitness room
Dry ingredient mixing & blending technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INNovember 6, 2014
I would have a preshift meeting going over the operation of the equipment and task that I was taking over for, communicate with my team members as to what we will do to help the problem that they may have had that evening, head to our work location and check out equipment for safety and operating purposes. Hardest part of job was trying to get your full lunch in at one time slot because, you were always busy,I liked most everything about my job the responsabilitys i was given while following company guidelines and policies. i enjoyed working with other people who were commited to their job and they enjoyed it also. That would be my most enjoyable part.
Pros
company store discounts, fitness room, free give aways, health insurance
Cons
finding time for breaks, working 12 hour shifts then switching back to 8 hours.
shift supervisor
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, OHJanuary 20, 2015
this was my first employment opportunity following my active duty military career
Pros
near home
Cons
culture
Colgate is a factory
Technical Technician (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNJanuary 8, 2015
Go to work, as a technical tech you are not allowed to work on anything unless it is approved by engineering, or quality control. A problem that can be fixed in 20 minutes takes hours because the tech has to wait on someone in management to make a decision.
Frustrating
Pros
great work enviroment
Cons
lack of management decision making
Na
Early Research Microbiologist (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJFebruary 14, 2014
• Development and establishment of active- attachment polymicrobial biofilm model for screening of new compounds
• Study in-vitro metabolic activity
• Minimum Inhibitory concentration detection of oral & personal care products
• Short interval kill test assay for personal care products(SIKT)
• Rapid agar plate assay for personal care products.
• Resazurin based viability assay of oral and personal care products.
• PCR , DNA extraction
• Microbial culture and media preparation,
• Perform laboratory tasks safely following all safety related policies and procedures
• Maintain GMP/GLP lab notebooks and documentation
Productive and fun place to work
R&D Intern (Former Employee) –  Piscatway, NJJanuary 23, 2015
This was my first internship ever. I learned what it felt to work in a corporate workplace. It was mostly the interns and temps that were working in the lab while the scientists/management did the desk work. It was fun because it was next to Rutgers.
Fun workplace
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJJuly 14, 2014
A typical work day at Colgate & Palmolive was very quite and fast because I had 3rd shift which was by far was the best shift . I've learned how to work with people in a group and learn how to use the forklift . My management was up to par and my co-workers were awesome individuals . The hardest part of the job is trying to stay up since it was 3rd shift and the most enjoyable part of the job is getting free breakfast .
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
crowded and non-workable microwaves
Great Company
Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJJune 18, 2012
Typical work day: 830-430. IT support for users at the company branch. Slow at times but great learning experience

Learned: The reality and IT functions of a corporate company. Relationship building, team building.

Management: Team oriented

Co workers: Relationships varied based on individual. Over all good people

Hardest part of the job: Becoming part of the group

Most enjoyable: Company store, inexpensive product. Location was very clean and up to date with latest technology.
Pros
technology
Cons
micromanaged
Great company but very conservative
R&D Intern (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJApril 3, 2015
The company Does Not give the individual to work freely and expand their ideas. Very conservative in the way they function and there is no space for advancing within the company.

4.4