Colgate-Palmolive

Colgate-Palmolive Employee Reviews

great work enviorment and workers - great place to work
retirees club representative (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 18, 2014
everything about the company is incredible - the president of the retirees club is such an inspiration and a great leader. previously lead the union and took on this position after retirement. he is a wonderful person, giving and genuinely wants you to be successful and do well, and will help you get there. very passionate about the company and what he does as well as his people
Excellent benefits and compensation but too much micro-managing by management.
Customer Support (Former Employee) –  KansasApril 9, 2014
Excellent benefits and compensation but too much micro-managing by management.
Great Company to work for
Operations Planner/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Emporia, KSApril 2, 2014
Release against contract for packaging materials, raw materials and shipping materials. Lead and manage all inventory for packaging materials and assist for raw materials. Create and maintain daily production schedule for 3 extruders and 6 packaging lines. Own and lead all data setup for new packaging and raw materials, SKUs and changes to SAP. Own SAP plant wide to ensure system is running properly and accurately. Worked at a start-up production facility which allowed me to have extensive SAP, SOP/PPM creation and manufacturing training for 1 year.
Fastpaste workplace enviorment
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Guaynabo, PRMarch 26, 2014
Visiting accounts “stores” in an assigned territory or in a given geography for a key account in order to achieve sales.
Negotiate 5Ps (Product, Price, Promotion, Placement, and POP) with customer and monitor their execution at store level / Prepared monthly summary reports of company gains, loss and delinquent accounts.
Provide customer service through a proactive, positive and personal approach.
Efficient execution of the order fulfillment process.
Ensuring complete delivery and on time, achieving purchase order to invoice.
Resolve order management, deductions and collection of oversight of inventory analysis planning including: management of refusals, transportation and delivery. Assigned Accounts: K-Mart, Capri, Walgreens & El Amal.
Cons
health insurance, company car, commisions compensation
Interesting place to work - good community support
Regulatory Compliance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSMarch 14, 2014
My job kept me very busy. I learned about necessary requirements for shipping pet food overseas. Management was helpful. I enjoyed working with all of my co-workers. Hardest part of the job was just learning new information regarding pet food and regulatory requirements. Most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers.
Pros
cafe on-site
Cons
contract employment
Is a great place to work
Scientist (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJMarch 13, 2014
Is a great place to work and very good people. Everyone is very helpful and friendly.
My Former Mentor/Boss let me take the ball and run with it increasing level of packaging design and print innovations to win at shelf.
Sr Graphic Production Mgr, Strategic Brand Design (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 11, 2014
Great company to work for. I left when my most favorite Director retired (knew it was time for me to move on too) someone was brought in from the good old boys club who I knew had a very long and questionable background amongst all the high end suppliers in the industry... Too bad Colgate did not know about his history of shaking down vendors/suppliers so they could retain business. Sr Mgt finally caught up to some of the more obvious antics and fired the person who hired him and then only demoted demoted him because of ethnic and age background. Unfortunately I was long gone when this finally happened = Thank GOD...
Pros
fun to come to work each day, there was always a challenges, always pushed to pursue new technologies in design/print production with new suppliers
Cons
the very best department director that colgate ever had retired
Very Easy going and laid back environment
Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2014
Good atmosphere. I learned how to forecast annual and quarter P&L, and present it to senior managers
A good company to work for
Production supervisor - Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAFebruary 13, 2014
Colgate Palmolive was a good placed to work for, from the management side to all employees in different part of the business. They have very good benefits and compensation. The only reason I left it was because I moved and it was very far for me to travel.
Great Benefits
Production Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INJanuary 27, 2014
Colgate closed it's doors and we were all left with out jobs.
Pros
money

Want to know more about Colgate-Palmolive?

Ask a question
Great place
Research Intern (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJanuary 23, 2014
Great place with good people and good working environment. However, they do not offer their interns full time positions but rather hire externally. It is frustrating because I spent almost all of my undergraduate career as an intern with colgate and upon graduation, they are not willing to offer me a full time position but, at the same time, they just hired three new people externally.
Pros
good place, good work environment
Cons
upper-managerment could do better
Quality Control Microbiologist (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJanuary 22, 2014
Good environment and decent pay. The management is professional.
Colgate is the best company to work for!
file clerk (Current Employee) –  NYCJanuary 7, 2014
Colgate is the best company to work for! Unfortunately I was only working a temporary assignment. I wish they were hiring full time.
Pros
company store
overseas
Professional Trainee (Former Employee) –  Buenos Aires, BJanuary 4, 2014
Great company great opportunity to learn about HR. Overseas experience.
Great Company with true work-life balance, and great benefits
Oral Care Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 29, 2013
The company is great and the products we sell are top notch. The work day varies, because there are always different business opportunities and clients who need servicing occuring. The management team seems to turn over in some spots quite often, but the upper level managers have long tenure. I believe this is the reasoning for us being reactive to the competition as compared to proactive. The hardest part about the job is making sure that the follow up time is quick and that you stay on top of call notes so that business does not decrease. The most enjoyable part is knowing that the products we sell help people have beautiful, bright, healthy smiles.
Productive workplace
Producción (Former Employee) –  Guayama P.RDecember 12, 2013
It was a rather quick work as it was in the production line and then I turneaba with peers for palletizing the finished product.
Cons
short breaks
Innovative, excellent products and support to veterinary profession
Consulting Veterinarian (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 19, 2013
Unsurpassed quality pet nutrition to veterinarians and pet owners
Continuous innovation
excellent support for development of associates
Highest support to profession in industry
Pros
unsurpassed quality products and dedicated, engaged team at all levels
Cons
compensation
Dossier Preparation
Regulatory Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dominican RepublicNovember 7, 2013
Some many task at the same time without correct direction.
Every day the focus is how the MOH will be approve the dossiers
Pros
some many people working in the same time
Cons
benefit
Great Pace to work
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 1, 2013
A typical day at CP was to prioritize my work load, since I supported team members in other countries at times they needed supported and that needed to be done first considering the different time zones. My most enjoyable part of my job is working and getting my 'to do list' done. My least favorite is space availability - coordinating office and cubicle space for visiting teams member or as simple as looking for storage space.
Pros
telecommute one day per week
Cons
na
Opportunity to advance and improve skills
CHEMICAL OPERATOR, Process Technicial, Compounder (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJOctober 25, 2013
Working as a part of a team. Management sets clear and achievable goals. Great and helpful co-workers. Strong effort placed on continuous improvement and Autonomous Maintenance.

4.4