Colgate-Palmolive Employee Reviews

Customer Development Manager - Caribbean Markets (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRDecember 15, 2016
Colgate Palmolive is a great company with great products. It's strategy is simple, manufacture top quality products and influence it's sales with great marketing.
Worked there for over 18 years , not the same as when I started there .
Preventative Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJDecember 2, 2016
Colgate Palmolive moved the Morristown , NJ operations to Hodges SC. I did have the opportunity to reapply for a position there but decided to look for other opportunities in the SC area .
After experiencing Colgate's cost savings attempts , in many ways it is apparent that Colgate does not value it's employees , they only say they do . Remember : " It's not how good you really are , it's how good you look to investors . " and " This is the way it is if you don't like it there's the door . " Colgate used to have a sign in manufacturing that read " Attitude is everything " But no one knew WHO'S attitude was right . Management created a certain attitude that I nor many others wanted to deal with anymore .
Pros
Benefits were slightly better than other smaller companies .
Cons
The management aggravation was not worth the money .
Mid Size Oral Care company
Senior Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJNovember 29, 2016
Weak on R&D. Very easy going in the lab. Co-workers are all very nice. Working hours are not as flexible as you expect. Managements are all relax and easy going.
Pros
People are all nice
Cons
May not be your life long job
Professional, inclusive
Customer Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  JamaicaNovember 29, 2016
Great training. As Customer marketing manager I was responsible for business development and channel performance for the wholesale market. I achieved marked success. My manager at the time was extremely supportive and innovative. The culture was great - inclusive and engaging.
Values initative
Global Supply Chain Intern (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJNovember 6, 2016
The company is very large and sometimes hard to figure out. Managers are extremely open and willing to guide and mentor you however. Best part about the job are the perks (company discounts).
Great Benefits
Associate Business Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSNovember 5, 2016
This is company has great health benefits and an excellent tuition reimbursement program. However, they are outsourcings jobs outside of the country. They don't value their employees like they used to.
Pros
God benefits
Cons
outsourcing jobs
Great Place to Work! Great environment and culture, that cares about the employees.
Chemical Engineering Pilot Plant Co-op (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJNovember 4, 2016
Everyone I met was very friendly and helpful. I learned a lot working there, and if there was ever something I wanted to learn about I was always welcome to sit in one day and see what someone else's project was about. I worked closely with engineers, scientists and technicians.
Pros
On site Cafeteria, Everyone was Friendly, Great Benefits.
Cons
a little disorganized at times.
Factory
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INOctober 24, 2016
Was a great place to work the place wasn't always easy but the people made it fun. I spent 25 years there and still miss it but made some great friends. I learned almost every job Process Technician, Supply Clerk, Inventory Control, Quality Assurance.
NIce company
MATERIAL CONTROL SPECIALIST (MCS) (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJSeptember 13, 2016
I have been employed for almost 20 years and I owed of my life and what I have to this company. Amazing employer. I feel sad because they had to move the operations to south Carolina. They offered me the opportunity to work in the new location but I wasn't able to move over there. Colgate-Palmolive is an excellent employer. They take care about their employees. The severance package was well decent and fair.
Pros
Compensation, gain sharing bonuses, excellent healthy package and stable company
Cons
I have no comments
Best place to work.
ELECTRICIAN - CRAFT TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJAugust 19, 2016
Great work-life balance, friendly atmosphere and supportive management who encourage you to achieve your goal.
Open to knowledge sharing and learning.
Interaction with cross-cultural people.
Fantastic job and people
Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 18, 2016
Started as a 20yr old worked five years in plant then completed 4yr apprentice program to become Instrument Tech. We were ln charge of repair and calibration of all instruments plan wide. Also took care of new installations of instruments plant wide
Pros
Ability to learn trade, good benefits
Cons
Working in a lot of hazardous locations and coming in contact with some bad chemicals
Good place to work.
Blow Mold Technician (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJAugust 15, 2016
Good work environment, good pay and benefits. It is a shame they are closing down the Morristown NJ plant. I can say my 14+ years here has been good.
fantastic company with opportunities to learn everyday
Corporate Finance Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 6, 2016
I am extremely happy of such a company. You should grap an opportunity an this company with both hands open. This company has a long standing in the market and most of the employees never wish to leave the company. That's the reason they have low turnover ratio
Good place
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Guayama Municipio, PRJuly 2, 2016
Good place to gain experience had little to none benefits for all employees. Management was caring. Great opportunity to broaden your knowledge in different fields.
Multicultural atmosphere is an excellent inside into other countries and their mores.
Creative Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 27, 2016
A typical day at work starts early as I have globals partners who are a minimum of six hours ahead of the UST.

I honed my global negotiating skills.

Great at managing internal and external suppliers and have many endorsements on Linked In.

The most challenging part of the job is managing unreasonable clients with near impossible deadlines. These individuals generally do not understand the process of how to launch a product with disregard to timelines.

I love the challenge of the multifaceted aspects of the job and working with cross functional teams.
Pros
Health care
Cons
Frequent change in senior management
Great work environment and culture
Research Scientist (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJune 20, 2016
Colgate is a great place to enjoy both work and lives! Colleagues are very friendly and always willing to help. Great benifits
Asistente de almacen
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Orange, NJJune 12, 2016
Me desempeñe en el cargo de almacén teniendo como deber de llevar el control de ingreso y salida de la mercancía ,ingreso de datos al sistema.
Enjoyable environment with good work ethnic and flexible
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJune 11, 2016
Enjoyable environment where everyone is willing to help and offer advice!
Everyone works hard but finds some way to make things fun!
There are many things you can learn here that will carry over to wherever you go.
Definitely a great place to work where growth is encouraged
Pros
Free treats/lunches randomly, heavily discounted prodcuts via company store, positive environment
Cons
Sometimes demanding on deadlines, not much space for many new people, slow with certain maintenance and repairs
A competitive company in a challenging market
Vendedor / Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRMay 19, 2016
Working every day to meet the expectations of the company.
In an environment where I learned to work under pressure, effective management time and teamwork abilities.
Pros
develop sales skills and interpersonal relationships
Cons
little job growth to seek better rewards
Good Company
SAP EAM Implementation Team Member (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNMay 6, 2016
Help the company with their SAP system. The company seemed to invest in the company, and their employees. Management seemed to care.
Pros
Clean place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Colgate-Palmolive. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3