Respected around the world as an arbiter of style, Colin Cowie is widely known for throwing the most spectacular celebrations across the globe. Colin Cowie is an authority on living with style, an author, a celebrated television personality, an interior designer, and event planner. Colin Cowie Enterprises is a Blue Ocean opportunity to redefine and revolutionize a multi-billion dollar market with a digital media and e-commerce platform that will bring Colin's established brand to a much broader audience.
The first major milestone in our path is ColinCowieWeddings.com, a website uniquely positioned to reach the modern wedding-bound consumer. And we're looking for someone to join our lean and mean startup team. For the right candidate, this position offers a great deal of latitude.
Lead efforts of the planning, development and implementation of social media strategies, editorial calendars, and tactical plans, ensuring that all social media messages, measurement and content are relevant to both the target audience and the company objectives. This role is also responsible for creating and/or acquiring content for the CCW the website, email newsletters and other online communications. Additionally, this person will play a key role in defining the digital product roadmap.
Include but are not limited to:
- Write blog posts, articles, newsletters, communications materials, and material for the web site and social media channels.
- Work with CTO and other members of the senior team to define product and content strategy.
- Create, manage and grow the company’s presence through blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and other strategically relevant online properties.
- Attend industry events in your city (often outside of 9-5 hours).
- Find influencers, online and offline and spread the word of the digital brand.
- Responsible for customer support – answering questions however they come in ( e-mail, Twitter) and managing any online feedback forums such as UserVoice.
- Using Google Analytics and other measurement tools to provide reports on metrics, and continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives.
- Working with the sales and creative directors, write copy for strategic marketing/communications plans including, but not limited to online sales materials.
- A background in journalism or experience writing for on-line publications.
- Anywhere from 2-5 years experience in customer support or community management.
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, PowerPoint, Keynote and/or other digital design and presentation tools.
- Any HTML/CSS experience is a huge plus.
- Demonstrated expertise in engaging and activating community groups.
- Experience locating and engaging advocates within the community to foster dialogue.
- Willingness to work outside the 9-5 clock to respond to community members and attend industry events outside of work hours.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- High tolerance for ambiguity matched only by your desire to organize it.
- Interest and experience in the digital wedding space.
Colin Cowie provides a comprehensive and competitive compensation and benefit package. Benefits include Medical Insurance, Prescription Drug Insurance, Dental and Vision Reimbursement, 401(k) Plan, Paid Holidays, and accrued Paid Time Off.
We’re located in the NYC – Soho area.
Proof of authorization to work in the United States required.
Colin Cowie Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Principals only, No agency solicitations will be accepted.