Leading Pharmaceutical services company has full time permanent position for Procurement Analyst.
The WW Procurement Analyst is responsible in securing from outside sources various commodities and/or services to support global clinical trials and internal operations. These commodities and/or services are obtained through the use of accepted procurement practices with particular attention to timely delivery, quality, and best total cost. The execution of these tasks shall be conducted with the highest level of personal, professional, and ethical conduct. These tasks involve direct contact with outside suppliers, external and internal customers.
The WW Procurement Analyst I role is broad and includes planning, vendor pre-screening, bidding, selection of the vendors, contract negotiations and relationship management to ensure the highest level of quality and cost efficiency.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Establish, maintain, and manage business relationships and alliances with third party vendors to support global clinical trials and facilities.
2. Work closely with the Procurement Manager to ensure alignment of priorities, goals and related activities.
3. Able to backfill as required the Buyer in support of the work order/purchase order process.
4. Identifies new vendors through common purchasing processes and interact with other departments, when appropriate, to assess vendor qualifications.
5. Ensures vendor compliance with negotiated business terms.
6. Participate in both short and long term strategy discussions concerning applicable commodities. Makes appropriate recommendations based on general market conditions.
7. Assist with Root Cause/ Corrective Actions to short term and permanent solutions to vendor issues.
8. Develops and implements appropriate negotiation strategies to ensure best pricing is achieved.
9. Schedule, host, and attend vendor capability presentations to establish business relationships with Preferred Providers.
10. Participates and contributes on the Strategic Sourcing Teams (SST).
11. Promote vendor management strategy by setting expectations and establishing performance criteria and measurements for third party vendor relationships.
12. Conduct sponsor and vendor customer satisfaction surveys, as well as formal periodic performance reviews with each preferred provider.
13. Maintain and develop databases, develop and provide reports, investigate complaints, work to resolve non-conformities and errors, act as a resource to project teams, track cost savings, and track project timelines for the Procurement function.
Perform other work related duties as assigned. Travel may be required (up to 25%).
EDUCATION/ /EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Requires a BA/BS in Business Administration, Sciences, Public Administration, Public Health, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Two to Four years experience in procurement
Experience in a contract research organization or pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
Strong computer knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite.
Well versed on ERP systems such as Oracle EBS, SAP PeopleSoft
Knowledge and experience doing presentations to different audiences
Direct vendor negotiation skills
Strong team-orientation and interpersonal skills.
Excellent written/oral communication.
Customer focused and able to manage challenging priorities and remain flexible and adaptable in stressful situations.