Collaborative Consulting Employee Reviews

amazing atmosphere and great management.
Associate Developer (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIAugust 29, 2016
The ability to work in a stress free environment. Advancements are available to achieve if you wish to do so. The career is yours to do with it as you want. Great people and great leadership. Coming to work everyday is easy when you know you have people out there working hard to ensure the business keeps moving in a positive direction. If things don't work out for you at Collaborative, the worse thing that can happen is you gain many soft skills, experience and hopefully a new direction of where you're going in the I.T. world.
Pros
Amazing place to begin/end your career., Ability to change positions upon request., Leaders that are working harder than you.
Cons
Working in the newest/nicest building overlooking the river. -This is a joke.
No fairness and job security
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAJuly 20, 2016
People who are related to the top 5 people in the company will be given much importance even though they dont have any technical skills.Importance is always given to their kith and kin irrespective of their qualifications and they will climb the ladder faster than eveyone else. They will never give any recognition for the hardwork you did for the project. Always had to work overtime when you are on a project and remove you from the company when their work is done.. There is no equality in the company.. Always remember this is just another consulting firm so behave the same way and never try to own it because they will never own you..
Pros
Free Redsox and celtics tickets, work with talented people
Cons
No work-life balance, always work overtime, no recognition for your hardwork, less pay
Typical recruiting company
IT Associate/IVR Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 28, 2016
Got to work at home. Atypical work days on call when needed. Learned a lot about voice engineering industry. Management was usually disengaged, but overbearing when involved. Work staff spread throughout country, so conferencing was a large part of production.
Awesome people and culture
Senior Project Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAMay 12, 2014
Collaborative is a great place to work if you like consulting but dont like the big consulting firms. The people are very smart and great to work with.
Fun workplace that encourages growth
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIJanuary 22, 2014
Collaborative is a great place to work if you want to learn and be a part of a fun and exciting environment.
Investigate all your other options first, especially if you're an experienced professional.
Senior Developer (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIApril 3, 2013
You're not actually working at a software development center, you're working at a co-working space; sales sends out your bio to individual clients to hire you as part of a team just like any body shop, but you're sitting in a cubicle in central Wisconsin. You could easily do a better job removing the middle man and marketing yourself just about anywhere if you're an experienced professional.

They have a significant number of people at the CDSC benched, so you may not have much to work on; management says it's going to get better, but it didn't in the three months I was there. They seem to have adopted the offshore model of having a large percentage of your staff sitting around waiting for an engagement, and whether that's going to be successful long-term is an open question in my mind.

There's not a lot in the way of training, career advice, or other such things that are often discussed as part of the hiring process. New hires are typically put through a multi-week training program, but beyond that I haven't seen much evidence of continued investment in the developers. Furthermore, it's difficult to know what would make the most sense to train developers on; in my short time there, calls went out for experience with .NET, Java, PHP, and COBOL, along with a smattering of other technologies, so there's no real focus so long as there's a paying customer involved.

Basic software development practices simply don't exist here on a large scale, and if you haven't worked in a professional development environment you're not going to know what you're missing. No coding standards, no
  more... formal code reviews, no common version control system (unless you count Bitbucket), no common issue tracking or project management tool, and a timesheet tracking program that's hosted in the cloud by another company and written in Perl.

It might be a good way to break into the software field if you're a new graduate or otherwise don't have a lot of experience. The benefits are decent, and the pay was acceptable for the area; that said, after moving to the area I found out I'd be making a significant amount more at any of the insurance companies in the area than I did at Collaborative, so don't sell yourself short on compensation just because it's a rural market. I moved here from another state and took a pay cut because I thought I might be able to make a meaningful contribution, but in the end, make sure you look at the economic fundamentals first and foremost.
Pros
a new graduate might be able to get some experience here
Cons
bench time, reduced pay, lack of modern development processes, technological confusion
Company trying to grow too fast. Lack of communication.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burlington MAAugust 18, 2012
The company is growing at an extreme rate. Trying to bring too many people on board in a short period of time and not providing the necessary training.

Staff is very nice but overworked. Communication needs to be addressed throughout the company.
Pros
people
Cons
lack of training and communication
CCSI @ Frontier Conmmunications
Sr. Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Frontier CommunicationsApril 19, 2012
CCSI is a small company with nice people, but they are hard to contact. I had no advanced notice from firm that my contract was ending. I started as a data analyst, responsible for segmenting data for conversion. I was given extra responsibility as I like to stay busy, am assertive, and like to get things done. My manager is professional although he has interpersonal skills issues and communications issues. I have worked anywhere from 40-80 hours a week, pulled on-call, overnight shifts due to conversion activities, etc. When conversion activities started to slow down, I was moved to the DBA PM position and assisted my manager in establishing procedures, documentation, metrics, on-call lists, etc., for the new DBA group being formed. I worked with mostly men, some women, and most of the time we all got along. We all had our days! The hardest part of the job is the hours and trying to read my manager's mind. I have learned advanced Excel, HP QC, Clarity PM, and I have learned to have patience and have become a better listener. I've also learned new ways of doing old things, made great contacts, learned security procedures, change management procedures and various system applications. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people and the ability to work from home.
Pros
ability to work from home
Cons
no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Collaborative Consulting. Our community is ready to answer.

Collaborative Consulting Reviews by Location