Collective Employee Reviews in United States

Productive work space with hard working community
Executive Chair of the South Louisiana Region (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 13, 2016
I truly enjoyed working with The Collective on both a national and regional level. While my full time job was teaching at the time, The Collective was where I could increase my impact on both the Teach for America and Baton Rouge communities.

My responsibilities included offering leadership and support to my regional team of three, meeting national goals through the fellowship, and collaborating with other regional collective chairs to help improve our chapters.

The hardest part of the job was keeping our organization relevant to Teach for America alumni of color no matter what they were doing or where they were living. It was difficult to make sure that we were meeting the needs of every individual involved. However, we made sure to use multiple platforms of engagement and cater events to the diverse population we wanted to support.

The most enjoyable part of the job was having the opportunity to re-brand the organization so that members truly saw its purpose. When people started seeing how we were meeting the objectives of creating a professional and personal community, supporting others with leadership development opportunities, and engaging others and ourselves in collective action, I really found a deeper appreciation for The Collective.
A Sinking Ship
Optimization Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMay 16, 2016
Management has little direction and experience. Substantial lay offs and rehires has been detrimental to the culture and expertise within the company limiting growth. The large turnover and the inability for proper cross function collaboration has put this company at a poor position to grow within this competitive space.
Great People and great Company
Chief Operations Officer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 17, 2015
Pleasure to work with this group of people with such an innovative product. Exciting to see what the company will grow into in the upcoming months.
Collective/Summit/Fleet
Teller/customer service/manager (Former Employee) –  VariousJanuary 28, 2015
I started my banking career in 1988 as a teller. And when I left this company in 2013, I had worked up to branch manager. There was always room for advancement with so many different areas of the bank. . I went through 2 bank mergers while I was there. I enjoyed my banking experience. There was a lot to learn. The bulk of all my positions here were customer service. I enjoyed working with the public and met so many great people from the employees and co-workers as well as the customers. I still have friendships that were created with fellow co-workers from that company. I left when Summit Bank merged with Fleet Bank. Coming from a small town bank, like Collective to a Commercial l Bank like Fleet, was quite a change. Once again, for me the hardest part of the job as well as most enjoyable part is the customer service. It always feels so good to make a customer happy and solve their problem or meet their need. But not every customer will be satisfied with the answer they are given, as much as you try to make them happy.
Pros
much room for advancement and job change
Cons
too much room for merger and takeovers
An exciting company never short on things to teach
QA Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 19, 2014
Collective is a cutting-edge company where things are always changing, providing an excellent environment for continued learning.
Pros
generous leave, generous bonuses
Cons
unclear corporate direction/strategy resulting in frequent layoffs
Good company culture
Senior Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2014
Good company culture and nice pantry of snacks. Best part of the job was the lax dress code.
Marketing coordinator with primary objective to generate sales revenue
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CASeptember 10, 2013
I worked for Collective as a part time marketing coordinator. I work closely with management to identify opportunities for sales growth. I learned to analyze sales reports and determine a cost effective marketing and advertising campaign. I generally worked with the owner of the store and was given complete faith to create and execute an effective marketing plan. I also was responsible for establishing a social media presence for the store. The hardest part of the job was identifying the target market and differentiating the brand from local competitors. The store is located in a strip mall in Newport Beach, CA and does not have convenient parking and consistent foot traffic. In order to improve the situation, I called upon existing networks to host store events and sales incentives increasing the store awareness, and basically get more customers in the door. The work environment is fantastic and all co-workers are a pleasure to work with. The owner trusts my decision making on marketing campaigns which I believe I flourish in a non micro-managed environment.
Pros
creative environment, flexible hours, faith from management
Cons
small business, minimal budget, part time