The Collectors Foundation is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to promote interest in collectible vehicles by developing the next generation of enthusiasts and restores. The Collectors Foundation awards scholarships and educational grants to organizations committed to hands-on education and making a difference in the lives of young people through the appeal of historic vehicles. Since its founding, the Collectors Foundation has awarded over $2.9 million in grants and scholarships in 29 states. The tag line captures the mission; “Protect the Past. Build the Future.”
The Collectors Foundation grant making has produced the following:
- 38 scholarships are awarded annually to students enrolled in post-secondary study of rod and custom building, restoration technology and transportation design.
- 110 at-risk students are being mentored by historic vehicle enthusiasts.
- Each school day 1,000 high school auto tech students are using specialty equipment purchased with grant funds.
Additional information regarding The Collectors Foundation may be reviewed at www.collectorsfoundation.org.
Executive Director Opportunity:
The Executive Director of the Collector Foundation will work collaboratively with the Board of Directors to lead the foundation to its long term objective of generating ten million per year to increase the awareness and impact of the long term vision. Specifically, the candidate will ensure that The Collector Foundation's fiscal operations; fundraising, marketing and programmatic strategies are effectively implemented to achieve growth objectives.
Strategic Vision and Leadership
- Build an effective board that is highly engaged and willing to leverage and secure resources
- Collaborate with the board to refine and implement the strategic plan while ensuring that the budget programming and priorities are aligned with The Collector’s Foundation mission
- Provide inspirational leadership and build successful relationship with stakeholders
- Support and motivate the organization's staff; ensure professional management and efficiency within the staff
- Establish effective decision-making processes that will enable The Collector’s Foundation the ability to achieve its long- and short-term goals and objectives
- Ensure that the donations increase to meet stated plan so that continuous progress towards the achievement of its mission.
- Ensure endowment goals are secured to continue offset the cost of operations of the foundation
- Oversee the financial status of the organization including developing long and short range financial plans, monitoring the budget and ensuring sound controls are in place; set financial priorities accurately to ensure the organization is operating in a manner that supports the needs of the programming objectives
- Formulate and execute comprehensive marketing, branding and development strategies that will ensure consistency and enhance revenue from major donors, foundations and hobby business partners
- Continue to build on existing collector vehicle programs and implement process to evaluate the delivery
- Identify additional program opportunities to perpetuate the mission
- Cultivate a strong and transparent working relationship with the Board and ensure open communication about the measurement of financial, programmatic, and impact performance against stated milestones and goals
- Engage in opportunities to build continue awareness of Collector’s Foundation by sharing the vision and mission effectively within various media outlets and hobby events
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage board development, fundraising, marketing/branding and fiscal management a must; expectation of developing operating revenue of five to ten million annually
- Acumen of non-profit management and board leadership
- Familiarity and appreciation for historic and collectible vehicles
- Outstanding presentation skills and the experience and proclivity to be an outgoing spokesperson, relationship builder, and fundraiser
- Possess strong communication skills which include – grant writing, public speaking, and prior effective media experience; ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders; a persuasive negotiator able to achieve consensus amongst differing opinions