College Hospital Costa Mesa Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
good place to start in medical field
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAFebruary 20, 2017
learn to work with psyciatric patients. Good coworkers. Moderate work load. Can become a hectic environment. moderately flexible hours.
I am happy working in this company
Mental Health Worker/Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CASeptember 26, 2016
I am happy working in this company, the management is nice most of the staff are nice and helpful too.The hardest part of this job is dealing with a very crazy and very mad patient.
Good facilities for recreation during free time.
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  301 Victoria St., Costa Mesa, CA 92627August 2, 2016
Production management starts on interaction between line supervision and workers directly involved with equipment/machines utilizing optimum capacity resulting to acceptable minimum losses as set by top management.
Pros
constant interaction between workers providing facilities for recreation during free times.
Cons
No coffee breaks.
Diverse and interesting place to work; fast paced and exciting; ethical and approachable management team; excellent work/life balance
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Laguna Woods, CAJuly 1, 2016
Working for College Hospital has been fulfilling and stimulating. My former position as Clinical Supervisor was my first position with College Hospital. Later, as Program Director of another College Hospital facility, I continued where Clinical Supervisor left off. The position provided me an excellent training opportunity for management and handling challenging staff/team issues. Balancing the clinical responsibilities with the administrative responsibilities has been interesting and has kept me on my toes. I have developed an excellent team who work together seamlessly when cohesiveness is paramount. My co-workers who direct the other programs are equally committed and talented at what they do. They are always supportive and as a leadership team, we are always in communication with one another, helping each other achieve the best possible programs we can. The most difficult part of the job is helping staff express their concerns and complaints directly so that they may be addressed by upper management in a way that facilitates communication and the possibility of a positive outcome. The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationships I have developed with both my staff and the patients who attend the program. It feels like a positive, safe place to come to work.
Pleasant work place
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CADecember 20, 2013
This is a hospital with friendly employees. The moral is high and most employees are happy. The patient care is excellent. The safety of the patients and staff are of most high concern.
Management staff are positive and are concerned about the staff and their growth.
The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I did an excellent job for the hospital and doctors as well and patient care.
Pros
Employee appreciation days
Cons
pay ranges can improve and paid holidays
The hospital went through several changes in management and changes in leadership styles.
Nursing Supervisor, Nurse Manager, Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAFebruary 3, 2013
In the House Supervisor position I was responsible for ensuring compliance on all nursing units and other departments. I was also responsible for filling pharmacy orders after hours. In the Nurse Manager position I was responsible 24 hours a day for patient care, ensuring procedures are followed, patient care, and management of staff. I learned a lot about management of a hospital. Managing co-workers was usually a pleasure but was at times challenging.The hardest part of the job was counseling employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was organizing.
Pros
i was in an independent position.
Cons
having responsibility when i wasn't present.
Still work here
Dual Diagnosis Counselor (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAOctober 15, 2012
I love this place. Great people great environment the juice is worth the squeeze.
I left with many helpful skills and invaluable knowledge.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJune 17, 2012
It was a different experience and I enjoyed being a patient advocate through my responsibilities.
Pros
many learning opportunities
Cons
the commute was too long.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at College Hospital Costa Mesa. Our community is ready to answer.

College Hospital Costa Mesa Reviews by Location